BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-22-2017, 08:17 AM   #67
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Guess we will all be driving Minis soon.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...take-rate.html

Article from 2011.

Quote:
Several months ago MINI announced the launch of a new “Manualhood” marketing campaign aimed at getting drivers to choose three pedals over two, while simultaneously building up the brand’s enthusiast appeal. More recently, the quirky British automaker followed up with its “Becoming a Manual” PSA video.

While total sales of manual transmission models make up just five to six percent of all vehicles sold in the U.S. each year, the take rate for MINI buyers is vastly higher at 34 percent. Depending on the region, that number can be even higher, with roughly half (49%) of all MINIs sold in New England being manuals.
Appreciate 1
shay2nak1070.00
      04-30-2017, 08:10 PM   #68
dzvero
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M$4 F82

Guess what, its 2017 now .
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2017, 03:46 AM   #69
42itus
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4

I'm teaching my 13 year old how to drive a manual. I figure when he's old enough to drive if he takes my car I will be pretty sure that none of his friends will be able to drive it. But he's not very interested, he doesn't really see how it's more fun to drive. I'm hoping that will change once he starts driving.
My BMW sales guy told me that most of his M customers that go with the DCT either don't know how to drive a manual or are older. Not sure how accurate that is but it kind of makes sense.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2017, 07:43 AM   #70
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Automatic transmissions use to be slower for fast/competitive driving. Now they are faster.

Automatic transmissions used to be less efficient as far as MPG. Now they are more efficient.

That's it.
Manuals can be more efficient if driven by someone experienced in using one for fuel efficiency. And everyone neglects the fact that autos have no soul. Who cares about acceleration being 0.1 faster. That puts way less smile on my face than the connection between car and driver a manual provides.

Watch this and don't be the stupid german.
Appreciate 0