02-24-2017, 07:49 AM   #23
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
I'm more in the boat of buying a 3 year old RR, potentially out of warranty/CPO, that's what I'm most worried about. With BMWs, to me, it's a known quantity. I know where to buy cheaper OE parts, I know indy shops, I know how to do diagnostics or know people with tools to do diagnostics, etc...so I suppose, there's not enough info in this thread to make me feel any more comfortable going to a RR.
I would own an out of warranty RRS-SC/RRSC over an e70 X5M any day. My e70 x5m was nothing but problems from day one and as I said before the various LR/RR products I owned were minor issues resolved in a day or two. To address your second concern, there is no shortage of aftermarket or oe parts cheaper than the dealrship. Atlantic British and PowerfulUK and Rovers North are three that come to mind instantly. I am not sure where you are but within a 50mi radius there are 4 independant shops which specialize in LR/RR/Jaguar vehicles and are owned and run by former LR dealership employees and technicians. Their rates and services are more than half off the dealer quotes.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2017, 08:23 AM   #24
Matty74
Rep
Drives: 2015 320i xDrive

I live in the upper Midwest and we put our vehicles thru a wide variety of outdoor conditions and honestly, if I were looking for a reliable, daily driver-it wouldn't be any of RR's offerings. Their older vehicles were extremely reliable but the brand has morphed into a luxury suburban vehicle rather than the off-road stalwart it once was. They have great luxury features and tech but they are notoriously unreliable after a certain timeframe. It is definitely not a brand for those looking to get the most for their $$ spent over a period of time. Probably why I did all my off-roading/snow travel in an FZJ80 Land Cruiser Or Silverado. Different strokes for different folks I guess. It also helps to live in an area where there's plenty of dealer support for these vehicles

Last edited by Matty74; 02-24-2017 at 08:30 AM..
Appreciate 1
1230vani648.50
      02-26-2017, 08:21 AM   #25
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
I like the way the new RR looks; However, I never driven one. As mentioned by some that the X5 drives like a car, and the RR drives like an SUV-maybe it's something that you want out of an SUV especially when you do a bit of off-roading, or hitting up some snow.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 02:06 PM   #26
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by positiveions View Post
I like the way the new RR looks; However, I never driven one. As mentioned by some that the X5 drives like a car, and the RR drives like an SUV-maybe it's something that you want out of an SUV especially when you do a bit of off-roading, or hitting up some snow.
the RR definitely has off-roading prowess. Comes with all the modes you can select...trick differential settings, etc, and has excellent clearance. It's not exactly a rock crawler, but it'll do extreme enough stuff that you'll limit yourself to when you own a $80k SUV. Anything more extreme, and you'll be silly to use such an expensive vehicle.

But the X5 is MORE than capable of handling snow. All you need is a decent set of snow tires. You don't need a sophisticated AWD system for snow, you just need AWD (even with open diffs), snow tires and high clearance.
      02-27-2017, 02:59 PM   #27
usual_suspect
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 40D M Sport

The look of the RRS is awesome, but no LED headlights and the bad infotainment systems are really lowering my rating.
Appreciate 1
1230vani648.50
      02-27-2017, 03:50 PM   #28
iconoclast
No_Country
Rep

It's sad when your 2009 and your 2012-2011 units worked better than your 2012+ system.
Especially when your fully equipped RRS tops out in the six figure range.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 06:29 PM   #29
superdog
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 50i M Sport

I have had my X5 50i M Sport a little over a week.

A. I just love the looks.
B. The ride quality is absolutely exceptional
C. The interior is about on par

I am far preferring the drive of this over the drive of my last 2016 RRS SC.
Appreciate 1
1230vani648.50
      02-27-2017, 08:07 PM   #30
iconoclast
No_Country
Rep

If you ever miss the ride of the RRS then raise the X5 seat all the way and put the rear support portion straight so it forms a 90 degree angle with the seat cushion. My wife does this with the X5 to get a similar feel to the LR and RR products we have and had.
Appreciate 2
      02-28-2017, 03:38 AM   #31
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by usual_suspect View Post
The look of the RRS is awesome, but no LED headlights and the bad infotainment systems are really lowering my rating.
Thats what i thought but now the infotainment is improved in RRS (people here stating that the new infotainment has problems though). Having adaptive euro spec LED on F15 is really cool though. To take into account current X5 has a lifespan until Aug 2018 and am not sure how the current design is gonna keep up with age. RRS design looks so good, especially exterior. RRS has HUD now as well. I went to buy my second F15 (2017 model), now having second thoughts.
Appreciate 0