BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-24-2017, 08:06 AM   #1
C1Boston
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Uber

Places in Lisbon,Porto, Sintra?

I'll be visiting the places mentioned above for 15 days and was wondering if anyone recommends any places to eat/visit while I'm there.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2017, 08:09 AM   #2
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
I desperately want to visit Sintra and have researched it quite a bit. Below is a website with several must-see places in the area. ENJOY!

http://handluggageonly.co.uk/2015/07...a-in-portugal/

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 1
C1Boston103.00
      02-24-2017, 08:18 AM   #3
C1Boston
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
I desperately want to visit Sintra and have researched it quite a bit. Below is a website with several must-see places in the area. ENJOY!

http://handluggageonly.co.uk/2015/07...a-in-portugal/
I've been told Sintra is amazing so I'm really excitied! Thanks for the link!
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 02:18 PM   #4
GoHokiesGo
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5M

Loved my trip to Portugal - visited Lisbon for a few days, and then went south to Algarve for several days.

Lisbon - see the touristy attractions, I actually liked them in Lisbon more than most cities in Europe; watch sunset from one of the high-up squares; get some egg tarts from Pasteis de Belém (in fact, get a box to eat for the week, they're pretty good); find a nice seafood restaurant away, but get away from the main strip of tourist traps on Rua Augusta; the piri piri chicken is like an addictive drug, I'm not sure if it was the sauce or the flavor of the chicken itself, but we ate it half the trip; drink lots of port wine, and buy a few bottles from the good vintage years to save for home, you can google the vintage years that were best.

JP Photography - Travel/Landscape/Automotive Photography
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2017, 04:19 PM   #5
adriang
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X2

Had quite an unpleasant experience in Porto..went to a restaurant and watched as a senior aged hostess make a kid cry by refusing to give him ice cream since he wore a soccer jersey not of her liking.

Same hostess was serving us and brought us what we didn't order so we didn't want it. she made a big fuss and when she brought us our order she dropped it on our table. Regardless we shared a piece of our minds with her for being a large c_nt basket. I actually think we walked out and didn't pay because of that...

Lisbon however was a pleasant experience. Sao Jorge castle is a nice place to visit. You have to pay to go inside but you get a nice view of the city and the statue of Christ far in the distance.

Beaches were amazing in the Algarves but can get extremely wavy in some areas.

Haven't been to Sintra so I can speak on that.

The most fun I had in Portugal was with locals. In terms of eating, you can expect to find fast food and traditional food being served everywhere. If that fails on you there's always shawarma. Cant go wrong with shawarma.

Happy traveling pal!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2017, 07:09 PM   #6
M5essex
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: RR sport SVR, Vent S, 650s spi

Obidos..
Gone - 2016 F80 CP, 2015 991 Turbo S, 2016 LCI M135i. 2015 F10 CP M5. 2015 X5, 2012 E92 CP M3. 2009 E92 335i
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 08:03 AM   #7
C1Boston
Private First Class
Rep

I had an amazing time in Portugal though im not really much of a picture taker. Visited Porto, Lisbon and Sintra. Amazing food, amazing views, no trouble communicating, good wine, etc. My only complain were the streets in Lisbon...insanely small, poorly labeled street names and the sidewalk on some streets were basically nonexistent.

The portions of food were also killing me, I was hungry every freaking hour because in most places the servings are smaller than what we usually get back home in the US. I had a few nights where the fat kid in me could not take it and ended up at a hard rock cafe LOL.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2017, 01:10 PM   #8
Asmi
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Hey

I only got to visit Lisbon for 4 days and had a great time. I also visited a nearby coastal town called Cascais. I highly recommend it.

I wrote my experience in Lisbon here. Hope that gives you some ideas!
http://traumchaser.com/the-understat...isbon-portugal
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2017, 11:01 PM   #9
manojkeshwar
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

How was your experience after see those places
      04-11-2017, 05:06 AM   #10
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmi View Post
Hey

I only got to visit Lisbon for 4 days and had a great time. I also visited a nearby coastal town called Cascais. I highly recommend it.

I wrote my experience in Lisbon here. Hope that gives you some ideas!
http://traumchaser.com/the-understat...isbon-portugal
I really enjoyed Cascais too! I went there when BMW introduced the new 4er Coupe back a few years ago. BMW put us up in the Onyria Marinha Edition Hotel & Thalasso and I have to say it was one of the nicest hotels I have had the pleasure to stay in. The entire area around Cascais was very nice. Kind of reminded me of Italy a little bit.

Onyria Marinha Edition Hotel
https://www.google.de/maps/place/Ony...7!4d-9.4580349
Appreciate 0