BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-09-2023, 12:03 PM   #23
stocktree
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosshogg View Post
I am in the same boat as most on this forum. No audio out of 2015 X5 but head unit shows everything is working fine. I found the 50a fuse on the BSD block over the battery in the trunk area was indeed bad. I replaced that and when i did the amplifier started smoking. Removed the amplifier that was certainly blown, and replaced with a replacement purchased on ebay. I now see the replacement has some red leds that light up, BSD fuse is still good, but still no audio. I thought I must have gotten a bad replacement amplifier since i ordered it on ebay and purchased a 2nd replacement amplifier and still get the same problem, no audio. Double checked the BSD fuse and its still good. Checked all of the fuses in the trunk fuse box and they are all good. None of the fuses under the passenger side dash appear to be relevant so I didn't check them. There are some additional fuses listed for the 200 and 300 number fuses that appear to be relevant but I can not find the fuse box for. I will post a picture of the fuses boxes I can't find. Any help before i take this into a service shop for professional help?
Have you checked for power at the amplifier harness?
Do you have ista? It will show you the wiring diagram and you can check voltage.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2023, 02:26 PM   #24
mrfochon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 F15 M package

Garage List
Do you have an install behind your nbt ? Check the optical cord is plugged well.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2023, 06:14 AM   #25
virtualbong
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 MSport

I would walk through the whole MOST sequence again. If somehow your amplifier was blown when you reinstalled the BSD then maybe something else got impacted. Maybe your bluetooth module is bad? Sorry to hear though that you are suffering through this...it was painful to be without sound for over 7 months and wished I had just sucked it up and took it to the dealership sooner but the only good thing is that because I did my own troubleshooting, I knew what to remove in their "recommendations" which included replacing the amplifier because he "saw" it had water impact.
2011 BMW 550i M-Sport (Jet Black/Cinnamon Brown) - 4/30/14 | 2007 BMW 328xi e92 (Jet Black/Coral Red) - PAST | 2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (Ivory White/Stone) - PAST | 2005 Acura TSX (Obsidian Black/Black) - PAST
| 1998 Acura Integra (Black/Black) - PAST
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2023, 06:49 PM   #26
KrisTallx5
Private
Rep
Drives: Lexus rx350, F15 X5 MSport

So my 2015 was exposed to some heavy rains today. Long story short water got on the front right carpet and underneath. I lifted the carpet and dried it as soon as I could. But while I was driving with the water on the carpet the speakers we're making crazy sounds and eventually stopped. What do I look for now? Possible fuse blown? Can anyone assist me please. First bmw
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2023, 01:43 PM   #27
stocktree
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisTallx5 View Post
So my 2015 was exposed to some heavy rains today. Long story short water got on the front right carpet and underneath. I lifted the carpet and dried it as soon as I could. But while I was driving with the water on the carpet the speakers we're making crazy sounds and eventually stopped. What do I look for now? Possible fuse blown? Can anyone assist me please. First bmw
Sounds like sunroof drains are plugged.
Plus you probably have more water under the carpet. And water probably got on wiring harness. Probably need to lift the carpet in more places.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2023, 03:44 PM   #28
KrisTallx5
Private
Rep

They were and I think I cleared them out. I ran water down the sunroof later and confirmed it was coming out the bottom. I did some testing and the 50 amp fuse above the battery is in fact bad. That whole assembly has to be replaced correct? It's what it looks like
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2023, 08:10 PM   #29
stocktree
Lieutenant
Rep

Ouch. What is that fuse for?
The amp is behind the left side panel in the trunk area. Maybe it got fried?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2023, 08:12 AM   #30
KrisTallx5
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktree View Post
Ouch. What is that fuse for?
The amp is behind the left side panel in the trunk area. Maybe it got fried?
Per a previous post I found it's for the audio amplifier. I hope this will be my fix.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2023, 08:38 PM   #31
X5hazy
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisTallx5 View Post
Per a previous post I found it's for the audio amplifier. I hope this will be my fix.
Did it work?
Appreciate 0