11-24-2023, 10:47 PM   #1
Piatheem
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW x5

Contacts not loading

Help, I have a weird issue with the contacts in the 2015 xDrive35d:
1) When I go to Office->Contacts the NBT is stuck on "Loading data..."
2) If I try to save the location in the contacts in navigation, the option becomes grayed out.

Weirdly I can record notes in office, so I imagine disk is ok. The only error on head unit I have is this:
Code:
E1C448: MOST: actual configuration incomplete
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-25-2023, 06:50 AM   #2
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Help us help you better. You only have two posts…so does this mean your X5 is new to you…or have you had it awhile?

Did you lose your contact list or has it never finished uploading (especially if the vehicle is new to you)?

Is your phone connected to the car by both telephony and media (some new owners have only connected telephony but not media)? When you pull up info about your phone’s connection…you should have two icons appear that indicates both telephony & media connection. See pic below for Jeremy’s phone…note the telephone icon and the musical note icon:

If both icons don’t appear…press the OPTION button next to the iDrive controller to see if you can select both telephone and media/audio:

Again, if the vehicle is new to you…and you have a large contact list…it may take awhile for the contact list to completely upload to the vehicle.
You are aware that your BMW came with 3G connectivity…and the USA has lost 3G service, so some of your BMW connected services are dead, right?

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 11-25-2023 at 07:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2023, 10:13 AM   #3
Piatheem
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW x5

Hello Qsilver, thank you for your reply. I had my x5 for a year, I had x1 before that. I bought the car used but it did not have contacts from the previous owner. I did check that the phone is connected both as media and the phone. When phone is connected I can receive calls, play media and even album covers appear on the screen. The problem seem to be limited to contacts. I was driving with “contacts loading” for hours. Do you know how long roughly loading of contacts may take?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2023, 07:36 PM   #4
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piatheem View Post
Hello Qsilver, thank you for your reply. I had my x5 for a year, I had x1 before that. I bought the car used but it did not have contacts from the previous owner. I did check that the phone is connected both as media and the phone. When phone is connected I can receive calls, play media and even album covers appear on the screen. The problem seem to be limited to contacts. I was driving with “contacts loading” for hours. Do you know how long roughly loading of contacts may take?
Contact loading time depends on how many contacts are on your phone. If you are a heavy phone user and have lots of contacts…it will take longer than someone that only has 10 contacts.

Also, the phone contacts and nav contacts are not necessarily one and the same. I’ve purchased used BMWs and none of the phone contacts from the previous owners ever appeared…I’m sure that list was somehow cached to the phones that were paired…and if the phone isn’t present…the contact list didn’t appear.

But there were navigation addresses that were still listed from previous owners…that I deleted…especially the ones that were in French. My 2015 650ix GC is a Canadian import and there were street addresses that read RUE and were in the Quebec province.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2023, 06:50 AM   #5
Pedersen_DK
Rep
Drives: BMW 330 & BMW X5 F15

Contacts not loading

had similar issues with my X5, but not the error code, i rebooted the head unit 3 times, and then suddently the issues was gone, never had the issue again, so far
Appreciate 0