Would electric plugs be compatible?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2023, 03:28 PM   #2
ProjektAutoScott
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

That would be pretty sweet. I believe your biggest hurdle would be getting the airbags and seat modules to cooperate with the JBE in the E70. Both the F15 and E70 modules communicate via K-Can. I don't know if the bus messages are any different. Probably are.

The connectors are not the same. The F15 has longer seat connectors with capacity for more pins/plugs.

Most of the seat control/programming is self contained in the seat modules. Power/ground to the seat module will get you really far. I believe the seats will operate with that alone.

Those additional bus lines in the seat connectors are responsible for certain functions, including seat control by other means from the vehicle, heating/cooling control, ambient lighting, occupancy sensors, and SRS communication. I imagine it would also be possible to re-pin the harness on certain F15 seats to connect to an E70 seat module. Maybe at the sacrifice of certain functions, and maybe requiring some coding to compensate for potentially different airbag functionality among other things.

Or, power and ground to the F15 seats and code everything else out... wouldn't recommend for safety purposes.

Both generations of X5 have several different seat models. There are plain-jane sensatec seats with no adjustment outside of forward/back/up/down/backrest. Then, there are multi-contour seats with heating, ventilation, active bolsters, lumbar, thigh support, ambient lighting, backrest curl, etc..
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2023, 03:33 PM   #3
LSX5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 35d

Thank you for the feedback Proj.
I will look little deeper into it.
Appreciate 0