Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Garage List
International Insurance

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Anyone on the board know of an Insurance Company other than USAA and Gieco that can sell me an International policy for South Korea. BMW North America will not let me ship untilI can show proof of Insurance prior to X5M being shipped. Thanks.

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2016, 04:40 PM   #2
Broadsword
Sustinendum Victoriam
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 335i

Honestly those are the only two US based insurance companies that provide insurance in Korea. Have you thought about refinancing? USAA did not ask me for a proof of insurance when I shipped to Korea.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2016, 07:30 AM   #3
Dinan-M
Dinan-M
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadsword View Post
Honestly those are the only two US based insurance companies that provide insurance in Korea. Have you thought about refinancing? USAA did not ask me for a proof of insurance when I shipped to Korea.
It's not USAA asking, it's BMW of North America. They're the lien holders and at 1.9 % rate vs. 3.5% if I refinance would cost more and they would want proof too. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2016, 06:57 PM   #4
Broadsword
Sustinendum Victoriam
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan-M View Post
It's not USAA asking, it's BMW of North America. They're the lien holders and at 1.9 % rate vs. 3.5% if I refinance would cost more and they would want proof too. Thanks.
Tracking it's not USAA asking. Was simply asking if you had considered refinancing with USAA. With USAA is was a relatively easy process they provided me with the memorandum to ship and did not ask for proof of insurance. But I understand the lower interest rate is too hard to resist.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 05:55 AM   #5
Mike_OGm2
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 340i & '18 M2

Garage List
  [0.00]
Think one is called mirsicon. Comes for service credit union.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 07:59 AM   #6
Dinan-M
Dinan-M
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadsword View Post
Tracking it's not USAA asking. Was simply asking if you had considered refinancing with USAA. With USAA is was a relatively easy process they provided me with the memorandum to ship and did not ask for proof of insurance. But I understand the lower interest rate is too hard to resist.
Thanks, USAA will not insure me due to two accidents. One happen in Dec 2011 and one hit and run in Sept 2012. The hit and run was not my fault, but since I did no police report since it was a rental they said it was my fault. I did not see the back bumper till I had got home and left the site. So I will just place in storage for two years! Oh yeah I have been with USAA for over 25 years and they dropped me!!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 10:07 AM   #7
DeltaFX1942
Stormtrooper
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi A3 2.0T Quattro

These days, Yongsan only allows USAA and about 3-4 Korean insurance companies (or ones with branches). AIG, Samsung, and I think one other. Other insurance companies are denied during registration. A few years ago they accepted more so not sure what happened.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 03:05 PM   #8
Dinan-M
Dinan-M
United_States
Rep

Garage List
USAA Finally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaFX1942 View Post
These days, Yongsan only allows USAA and about 3-4 Korean insurance companies (or ones with branches). AIG, Samsung, and I think one other. Other insurance companies are denied during registration. A few years ago they accepted more so not sure what happened.
I was able to get my insurance policy from USAA, but did they really stick it to me. I will have to pay $315.00 per month for 1 car that I will only drive 3000 miles per year. BMW North America sent me all the paperwork today. So I'm happy.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 08:36 PM   #9
Broadsword
Sustinendum Victoriam
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I was able to get my insurance policy from USAA, but did they really stick it to me. I will have to pay $315.00 per month for 1 car that I will only drive 3000 miles per year. BMW North America sent me all the paperwork today. So I'm happy.
Glad you were able to get everything sorted out. I read your other post about the Germany office dropping the accident from your record and it makes me curious. I got into a fender bender with my E70 while I was there in '13 and since I didn't have a dash cam I was automatically found "at fault." Get yourself a dash cam when you get there. There's an installer in the Yongsan Electronics Market that has speaks relatively good English. I can't remember the store's name but it is located in the building next the to parking lot off the main road.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2016, 07:55 PM   #10
RR-NYC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Sticking it to you for $315 a month is an understatement! Hats off to your determination. I would never pay that much to insure this car since I pay $119 per month through Geico
Appreciate 0