BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-25-2016, 08:23 AM   #23
UnhappySwede
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 -2016

Is there anything out there that seats you as well as the BMW multi contour seats?

As for dealer experience, its like visiting a doctor here in Sweden. Takes forever to get to talk to someone. They look at you like you're bothering them and unless the engine light is on they say "oh, broken you say. Read that on the internet eh?", and then they take it in for a look a month later without fixing it.

I still have run with a cold engine, and despite the mechanics actually confirming the coolant system not working properly on my brand new car, they dont bother helping me anymore.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2016, 04:14 PM   #24
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnhappySwede View Post
Is there anything out there that seats you as well as the BMW multi contour seats?

As for dealer experience, its like visiting a doctor here in Sweden. Takes forever to get to talk to someone. They look at you like you're bothering them and unless the engine light is on they say "oh, broken you say. Read that on the internet eh?", and then they take it in for a look a month later without fixing it.

I still have run with a cold engine, and despite the mechanics actually confirming the coolant system not working properly on my brand new car, they dont bother helping me anymore.
Get everything in writing and just keep driving based on their recommendation. Then when it all fails majorly, it's their problem to fix it.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2016, 09:01 PM   #25
coolidge
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnhappySwede View Post
Not that I have found, best seats by a long shot vs any of the SUV's I tested. Now I didn't test drive the Denali trim Cadillac/Chevy/GMC's.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2016, 09:03 PM   #26
coolidge
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzang View Post
15K miles on mine and no dash rattles and my X5 is insulated pretty to block out road noises.. In fact too much for my taste since I like to hear my exhaust while I drive.
Drive a modern 4x4 truck, they are WAY more quiet. Hell my early 70's Mustang at least insulated the spare tire recess, the X5 is bare metal.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2016, 02:46 PM   #27
wjbender
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzang View Post
15K miles on mine and no dash rattles and my X5 is insulated pretty to block out road noises.. In fact too much for my taste since I like to hear my exhaust while I drive.
Me to - 22K miles and no rattles or issues. The stock all season tires are wearing very well, I should get 35K out of them, although they are noisier than when new - still OK

I am averaging 26.5 MPG on the diesel. I lost 1.0 mpg after the latest software update.
Appreciate 0