BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

03-05-2016, 02:39 PM   #1
bmw4
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 F15

Trade in my '15 35i for a new one w all the good stuff??

Hi all... Well, a year of reading the forum and finally starting to get restless knowing a lot of you built your car 'right'.

I'll explain: bought a 2015 35i with lux line, premium package, and a few extras like rear camera, mpe, 20 inch wheels, and Harman kardon. I powder coated the wheels and added black kidneys as well. All in all, Not a slouch but not great.

Notably, I'm missing the goodies most of you have: msport trim, dynamic handling, driver assistance plus, Lux seats, active steering.

My biggest gripe is probably not having msport trim and dynamic handling or the cheaper option of adaptive m suspension.

I'll get to the point: my car as spec'd is worth about 53k according to kbb today. Only 8500 miles. I paid 65k for the car including taxes and interest and have made 18k in payments.

Does it make sense to trade the 53k in value for a new spec x5 with all the goodies before the car continues to lose value and I make more payments? Seems like the value has held ok after 1.5 years. The x5 is probably not due for a serious facelift for another 3 years so still time to enjoy the current gen?

Appreciate everyone's thoughts on this. Would like to stick w bmw but right now I feel the car is just not spec'd the way a bmw should be. I'm trying to hold out and not go the Range Rover route.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2016, 04:04 PM   #2
Neuera09
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 Xline with MPPK

Your definitely going to loose $$$ on the trade. If you can't live without the options you didn't get the first time around and money is not an issue, then I suggest you go for it. At the end of the day, you have a great car (lux package). And most non BMW owners would want to have your ride.

I have an X line (family ride) which my wife loves. She did not like the look of the M Sport and she could care less about the available options that came with it. I wished we bought an m sport, but you know .. Happy wife, happy life. Lol.

I say enjoy your X5. Besides the suspension upgrade, the rest of what u mentioned are either just for convenience or aesthetics, in my honest opinion. Good luck with your decision.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2016, 04:42 PM   #3
roadkillrob
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i,22 X3M, 2012 C63 Black

I don't want to tell you what to do, it is really your choice, but like above you are going to take a bath on that.

First, tax and interest are your problem, you don't get those back, MPE would be best to remove and return to stock and sell the MPE as you will get more of your money back that way.

If I configure a 2016 identical to yours, I could buy it for with current incentives for 57k and dealer is going to be selling yours for less than that. Dealers in my area are 50-53k for similar mileage and options on used 2015's, so I am guessing you are looking at 45-48k on a trade - only way to know for sure is to go to a dealer, but I think you are going to be disappointed at how much money you can get out of it.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2016, 10:42 PM   #4
IvanLZ
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i

Its all up to you. If you have the money and it will make you happier then go for it. As for me, I have a an X5 Lux line with 20" wheels in Dark graphite and only thing i would really change is the window chrome trim to black. The rest I'm pretty happy with it.
Appreciate 0