03-16-2017, 04:35 PM   #243
Chadmatic
Registered Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuera09 View Post
Call Sterling BMW in Newport Beach. They installed my Mppk when I took the family to Disneyland last year. They charged me a buck fifty for the install and gave me a free loaner for the day to take the family around town. Good luck, you'll love it.
Quote:
I coordinated everything with Chris Heck. He's the parts manager (949) 645-5900. I ordered the MPPK a week prior to my trip and reserved the loaner. The SA that helped me out the day of the install was Alex Yorba. Chris went above and beyond. He even called me on his day off to explain why he couldn't be there. Chris told me to see Alex directly and he would know what to do. The whole process went very smoothly. We were in and out in less than 15 minutes.
Thanks for the recommendation Neuera!!! Chris Heck is the man, he quoted me a great price on the MPPK and labor just like you said. Can't wait to experience the performance bump!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2017, 05:00 PM   #244
Neuera09
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 Xline with MPPK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadmatic
Quote:
Call Sterling BMW in Newport Beach. They installed my Mppk when I took the family to Disneyland last year. They charged me a buck fifty for the install and gave me a free loaner for the day to take the family around town. Good luck, you'll love it.
Quote:
I coordinated everything with Chris Heck. He's the parts manager (949) 645-5900. I ordered the MPPK a week prior to my trip and reserved the loaner. The SA that helped me out the day of the install was Alex Yorba. Chris went above and beyond. He even called me on his day off to explain why he couldn't be there. Chris told me to see Alex directly and he would know what to do. The whole process went very smoothly. We were in and out in less than 15 minutes.
Thanks for the recommendation Neuera!!! Chris Heck is the man, he quoted me a great price on the MPPK and labor just like you said. Can't wait to experience the performance bump!
Glad to have helped. Are you from the area or just visiting?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2017, 06:38 PM   #245
Chadmatic
Registered Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Glad to have helped. Are you from the area or just visiting?
My time is currently split between both coasts but my car is here. Great way to avoid the winter tires blues!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2017, 06:48 PM   #246
Neuera09
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadmatic View Post
My time is currently split between both coasts but my car is here. Great way to avoid the winter tires blues!
Damn! Must be nice to be independently wealthy. Most members opted to get a 2nd set of wheel/tire for the winter season. You on the other hand opted to get a 2nd home. LoL.

You'll definitely feel the difference of having the MPPK installed. Give us a full write up once you get some behind the wheel time!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2017, 07:00 PM   #247
Chadmatic
Registered Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Damn! Must be nice to be independently wealthy. Most members opted to get a 2nd set of wheel/tire for the winter season. You on the other hand opted to get a 2nd home. LoL.

You'll definitely feel the difference of having the MPPK installed. Give us a full write up once you get some behind the wheel time!
Lol! I wish!!! It's a work thing and I take advantage of every moment I can spend on the west coast, it doesn't hurt that I can avoid old man winter in the process!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2017, 07:07 PM   #248
Chadmatic
Registered Member
United_States
Rep

They also installed my knee bolsters from RG Sport for one labor hour.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2017, 07:20 PM   #249
Neuera09
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadmatic
Quote:

Lol! I wish!!! It's a work thing and I take advantage of every moment I can spend on the west coast, it doesn't hurt that I can avoid old man winter in the process!
Wow, now that's a bachelor's life. Lol
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 04:14 PM   #250
kobe81367
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 35i M-Sport

Ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5FX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chem14 View Post
I don't believe you can install, although there may be someone who has gotten around the system. The dealer gets a download code in the mail after you buy. They download it and install in your car.
This is the description from GetBMWParts:

Genuine BMW F15 X5 M Performance Power Kit - 35i/iX only. The M Performance Power kit unleashes greater power and torque from the third generation X5 xDrive35i. An additional 20 horsepower and 32 ft/lb are added when retrofitting this power kit along with sharper accelerator calibration for increased response and acceleration. Kit includes FSC Code, decal kit, badge, and labels. Dealer installation required for the FSC Code. Not for vehicles with towing hitch. *Include vin with order.
Hey do you still have WarpedDrives contact info?

Looking to do the same coding as you.

Please let me know if you don't mind to share it.

Thanks a lot
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2017, 07:48 PM   #251
Apple Corps
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin350 View Post
Hey guys, I actually had a different experience with the MPPK. I have a 2017 m sport x35 and the MPPK for sure does give a huge power boost. Exhaust sounds better and there is definitely more power and more tq, but you really have to crank it up all the time. Shifts are very quick especially with the paddle shifters almost like double clutch, but having to keep it revved up all the time for me was a little pain. My avg rpm's were usually 2-3k and it went from needing to be in 3-6 all the time, very aggressive. The low end pull and daily normal driving feel completely changed for me so I flashed it back to stock. Not sure if there were any changes in 2017 though. But definitely enjoyed it while it was on and maybe will just try the MPE because for me I enjoy the stock power band and maybe just want more sound. Also, not sure if anyone knows, is the MPPK tied to the VIN forever, because if it can be transferred PM me if you live around San Jose, CA.
Kevin - would you expand a bit on your comment about "needing to be in 3-6 all the time"? I am not understanding your dissatisfaction comments. I have a new X5 x35i in production now and am trying to grasp the pros and cons of adding the MPPK. The primary purpose is improved acceleration from around 45 mph to 85 mph. I have what I believe is more of a European driving style - no interest in 0-60 sprints or louder exhaust notes. When driving up the Grapevine or Altamont pass I want to be able to quickly get out of those "wreck about to happen" gaggle of cars or get to my exit that a Toyota Prius is currently blocking.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2017, 08:33 AM   #252
alphaod
Mmmmm…
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15

Garage List
Quote:
Wow, now that's a bachelor's life. Lol
I noticed you love making assumptions.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2017, 02:03 PM   #253
xdriverx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X5 35i Xdrive

Any way to download and install this tune yourself? Seems ridiculous to have to pay to take advantage of what your car is already capable of.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2017, 03:18 PM   #254
dtronics
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 /// M50i /// 964 C2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdriverx View Post
Any way to download and install this tune yourself? Seems ridiculous to have to pay to take advantage of what your car is already capable of.
Welcome to the world of tuning! It's crazy the power that some vehicles are capable of with just a tune.

I've seen people paying $200 for the install which doesn't seem bad.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2017, 04:21 PM   #255
Chadmatic
Registered Member
United_States
Rep

So after a week or so with the MPPK upgrade, my X5 definitely feels like it has longer legs and there is a noticeable power increase in the mid to high RPMs. With that said, it does feel like there is less power in the lower RPMs and it almost feels a bit laggy in stop and go traffic. I wish I would have paid more attention to the power band before I had the MPPK installed so that I could make a more accurate analysis.

Last edited by Chadmatic; 03-29-2017 at 04:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 08:50 AM   #256
Barbja
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4 M40i

I'm having the MPPK installed on my F16 35i today (after they get the code from corporate with their 1910s technology, ie, airmail -- sorry, to be fair, it could be 1970s if its fedex).

I'm bummed that I'll lose my programming, but I'm looking forward to the (hopefully) better performance. Going from an E53 through an E71 landing on an F16, things seem to have gotten progressively less peppy.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 10:15 AM   #257
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

I've had excellent success with Racechip tune stacked on top of MPPK without any issues.
My 35i is a rocket...
      04-07-2017, 09:41 AM   #258
Chadmatic
Registered Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzang View Post
I've had excellent success with Racechip tune stacked on top of MPPK without any issues.
My 35i is a rocket...
Do you notice any lag at lower RPMs? My car seemed much snappier at lower RPMs before the MPPK while driving casually but now I have to put my foot into it to get response and then it really kicks in, like a 4-barrel carburetor.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 09:47 AM   #259
Kzang
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
My 35i is a rocket...
Do you notice any lag at lower RPMs? My car seemed much snappier at lower RPMs before the MPPK while driving casually but now I have to put my foot into it to get response and then it really kicks in!
No lags at all. Especially in sport mode. Are you driving in comfort mode? And about how many miles have you logged since the install? My X5 with MPPK also felt sort of sluggish at first but after I let the engine adapt to the new change it felt good. I would say after about full tank of gas would be when my X5 was good. After a month or so later I stacked the Racechip for even faster response and boost.
      04-07-2017, 09:48 AM   #260
Kzang
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
My 35i is a rocket...
Do you notice any lag at lower RPMs? My car seemed much snappier at lower RPMs before the MPPK while driving casually but now I have to put my foot into it to get response and then it really kicks in!
No lags at all. Especially in sport mode. Are you driving in comfort mode? And about how many miles have you logged since the install? My X5 with MPPK also felt sort of sluggish at first but after I let the engine adapt to the new change it felt good. I would say after about full tank of gas would be when my X5 was good. After a month or so later I stacked the Racechip for even faster response and boost.
      04-07-2017, 09:53 AM   #261
Chadmatic
Registered Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes, sport mode. There were a couple of occasions where it felt like the engine was going to stall. I haven't quite gone through a full tank yet so I am hopeful that it is just an adjustment period.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 09:55 AM   #262
Kzang
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, sport mode. There were a couple of occasions where it felt like the engine was going to stall. I haven't quite gone through a full tank yet so I am hopeful that it is just an adjustment period.
The stalled comment makes me nervous... I would monitor this and if it happens again report it to the service advisor. That does not sound normal.
      04-07-2017, 10:56 AM   #263
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

The MPPK does not cause anymore lag than stock. Either something isn't right or the increased top end power is giving you the illusion that you have less power down low.

The 35i really needs the MPPK. It's how it should have came stock.

Is everyone confirming the MPPK was installed by checking the power gauges on the i drive saying 400/400?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 11:12 AM   #264
Kzang
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
The MPPK does not cause anymore lag than stock. Either something isn't right or the increased top end power is giving you the illusion that you have less power down low.

The 35i really needs the MPPK. It's how it should have came stock.

Is everyone confirming the MPPK was installed by checking the power gauges on the i drive saying 400/400?
+1 to the comment on the 400 hp and 400 tq gauge.