BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-23-2017, 11:52 PM   #1
kanvas
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: V8

Squeaking?

Driving around without A/C and without music, I noticed like a "stiff squeaking sound" inside the cabin. Not loud or anything, but just noticeable when leans forward or backward, when accelerating or coming to a gentle stop, but happens only sometimes.

It's quite random thus far. This started about 3 days ago.

I am guessing it's related to the suspension/brakes. Any guesses? Is my 2014 showing it's age already?!
      09-25-2017, 11:39 AM   #2
Mexecutioner
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 xDrive35i

Maybe last week that weather was much cooler caused some of the rubber seals to contract a bit. I have noticed this before.

It seems this week we will be back into 90 degree territory, keep an eye on it, it may just go away as the weather warms up.

If this is the case and the squeaks come back I suggest you lube all your rubber door seals with DuPont Krytox. Prior to applying it clean the rubber surfaces with Griot's Garage 11071 Rubber Prep. Do not use a silicone based cleaner on the rubber.

I did this with my car and all squeaks that I thought were in the cabin disappeared and it has been quiet for the past 10 months.

I will clean and reapply come time in December, or sooner if the squeaks come back.

Of course with the less than stellar roads we have here it could be something else that has loosened over time and finding it can be tricky.
Appreciate 0