BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-07-2017, 10:33 AM   #1
shanetoast
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 YMB

Door Sensor

Hey everyone,

I was hoping i could get a little help with an issue with our X5. It seems like the sensor on the outside of the doors for locking and unlocking with your fingers seems to have stopped working. I read it could be a remote battery issue, which im going to replace today.

I'm just curious if anyone else has had this issue and if the problem was different, what you did to fix it.

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2017, 09:31 PM   #2
Rotzy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F15, 2015 F83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanetoast View Post
Hey everyone,

I was hoping i could get a little help with an issue with our X5. It seems like the sensor on the outside of the doors for locking and unlocking with your fingers seems to have stopped working. I read it could be a remote battery issue, which im going to replace today.

I'm just curious if anyone else has had this issue and if the problem was different, what you did to fix it.

Thanks in advance
Start with the battery in the remote. If that doesn't work, it may be the receiver in the car. We had one go bad in our 335i. In that vehicle, the module is located in the drivers door and was replaced under warranty. It required removing the door panel to access it. Of course, the door now creaks and rattles, but that is going to be taken care of at the next service.
      10-09-2017, 11:36 PM   #3
shanetoast
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 YMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotzy View Post
Start with the battery in the remote. If that doesn't work, it may be the receiver in the car. We had one go bad in our 335i. In that vehicle, the module is located in the drivers door and was replaced under warranty. It required removing the door panel to access it. Of course, the door now creaks and rattles, but that is going to be taken care of at the next service.

Thanks for the reply Rotzy!!
Appreciate 0