BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-18-2017, 07:26 AM   #1
Luca42
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AMG

Pandora Issues?

For about three weeks, I've been unable to play Pandora in my car with my iPhones. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

I have both an iPhone 6 and iPhone 7 and have experienced it with both. I use a USB to Lightning connector in the center console but now they won't even link to the car.

Initially, I would have to drive for five minutes before the car recognized the phone, but that has degraded. Now when I plug in, the car will not recognize the phone or Pandora plays directly from the phone. The phones also vibrate constantly in the console.

Just checking to see if anyone else is/has experienced this, if it's a hardware or software issue and possible solutions. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 07:58 AM   #2
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

i do not have an iphone but my wife does and it's 6. since day one carplay has not worked with the car. spoke with dealer and they said "you're not the only with this complaint" and apparently carplay is not as friendly as it is with newer phones.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 08:59 PM   #3
Luca42
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
i do not have an iphone but my wife does and it's 6. since day one carplay has not worked with the car. spoke with dealer and they said "you're not the only with this complaint" and apparently carplay is not as friendly as it is with newer phones.
Thanks for the response. My car is a 2016, so it doesn't have CarPlay. It's worked fine since I got the the car, but been unreliable for the last few weeks.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 09:48 PM   #4
iconoclast
No_Country
Rep

unfortunately i do not have any further input than what i posted but perhaps there is a firmware update available that may resolve your issue.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2017, 08:12 AM   #5
arrivederci
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

I have a different issue with my 2017 and 6S. At delivery, the BMW genius set up my phone and showed me airplay. We set up the BMW Connected app and a few things like Pandora. But I didn't like airplay so we turned it off. Now most of the time my phone connects via bluetooth, it kicks off BMW Connected and then it kicks off Pandora. Any idea how to turn this off without uninstalling BMW Connected?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2017, 07:05 PM   #6
Luca42
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
unfortunately i do not have any further input than what i posted but perhaps there is a firmware update available that may resolve your issue.
Iconclast -- Thanks for taking the time. I finally figured it out. I decided to test all the variables and found that when I replaced the cable, the issue was resolved.

Apparently, the jostling of the phone in the console caused the cable to shear after 25,000 miles of rapid accelerations and extreme g turns.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2017, 06:47 AM   #7
iconoclast
No_Country
Rep

hahaha... glad to read it was something simple as a cable rather than anything else. now if only there was a fix for the carplay situation.
Appreciate 0