BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-03-2013, 09:16 AM   #1
n55x3
Captain
Rep
Drives: n55 BMWs

Off-road Option available?

Just throwing this out there but what do you guys think the chances are of the new F15 coming with some form of Off Road package, similar to the new ML from MB? In this package MB offers a 2 speed transfer case, adjustable suspension, a form of terrain response, and some additional skid plates.

Would be pretty cool for the X5 to offer something similar. I know out family is in the minority but we do venture off the beaten path on occasion and having some additional off road capabilities would be a big plus. As it stands now, if we want an upscale offroader we have to look at Land Rover, MB, or possibly Jeep GC.

We are BMW fanboys at heart (wife's DD is an X3 and my DD is a 335i) while our offroad rig is a slightly modified Tahoe Z71. The current X5 is actually decent offroad as we've played with them before on some trails but I worry the F15 is going more street oriented and won't have decent approach and departure angles nor a robust enough chassis/suspension setup to provide for some romps in the rocks and dirt.

**On edit, I just found the available option list and it doesn't look promising. Made it will be a late add...

Last edited by n55x3; 05-03-2013 at 09:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2013, 09:50 AM   #2
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Something along these lines?

Appreciate 0
      05-06-2013, 07:12 AM   #3
n55x3
Captain
Rep
Drives: n55 BMWs

Ha, that thing is awesome!! Little more aggressive than I was hoping for but hey, I'd love to have that rig in my garage!
Appreciate 0