Dinan-M
Dinan-M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch Massacre View Post
Like you said, anyone can post pictures, which is why I, unlike you, provided video. Very convenient of you to ignore it (safety blanket?). But no worries, I'm not one to chest beat over something as insignificant as the car I drive. I'm glad chrisny smacked you in the face with some humble pie. I mean, what kind of mental and emotional deficiencies must one have to say things like "we are in another league" and make elitist pompous remarks at other members all fueled by the fact that you drive a moderately expensive vehicle, in America of all places? Perhaps it's just a matter of being a foolish nouveau riche asshole with delusions of grandeur. I mean really, a 2006 M5 and 2013 X5M? That gets you on "another league"? What league would that be? The league of douchebag? Cause I'll tell you, I rather debadge my M6 than be in any way related to that kind of classless foolishness. Note to non-M owners: I'll share the same air with you, I don't think myself a god because of a small badge on my car, but watch out for this guy he's "special".
Get a life!!! Your 2 cents ...keep it and tell someone who gives a F!@#$
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 10:33 AM   #24
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan-M View Post
Get a life!!! Your 2 cents ...keep it and tell someone who gives a F!@#$
Coming Soon:
2016 BMW M4 GTS De-Winged and Bagged on 22s
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 03:50 PM   #25
XZeb
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
Demand certainly isn't the issue. They can't keep up with it.
Chrisny - it may be the case in the states - but strange that I have only seem the one so far. Maybe lots of orders ready to arrive soon.

As for rest of this thread - you would think someone who has enough money to order an M would be smart enough to check out properly what it looks like first if being different from the standard look is all important. Might as well have just bought a standard one ! Chuckle chuckle.

Not much differece in attitude from the guy in another thread who was pretending his was an m !
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 06:57 PM   #26
patrobX5
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 Volvo XC90 T8

Quote:
Like you said, anyone can post pictures, which is why I, unlike you, provided video. Very convenient of you to ignore it (safety blanket?). But no worries, I'm not one to chest beat over something as insignificant as the car I drive. I'm glad chrisny smacked you in the face with some humble pie. I mean, what kind of mental and emotional deficiencies must one have to say things like "we are in another league" and make elitist pompous remarks at other members all fueled by the fact that you drive a moderately expensive vehicle, in America of all places? Perhaps it's just a matter of being a foolish nouveau riche asshole with delusions of grandeur. I mean really, a 2006 M5 and 2013 X5M? That gets you on "another league"? What league would that be? The league of douchebag? Cause I'll tell you, I rather debadge my M6 than be in any way related to that kind of classless foolishness. Note to non-M owners: I'll share the same air with you, I don't think myself a god because of a small badge on my car, but watch out for this guy he's "special".
+1
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 07:39 PM   #27
Dinan-M
Dinan-M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Garage List
Quote:
+1
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 08:59 PM   #28
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by XZeb View Post
Chrisny - it may be the case in the states - but strange that I have only seem the one so far. Maybe lots of orders ready to arrive soon.

As for rest of this thread - you would think someone who has enough money to order an M would be smart enough to check out properly what it looks like first if being different from the standard look is all important. Might as well have just bought a standard one ! Chuckle chuckle.

Not much differece in attitude from the guy in another thread who was pretending his was an m !
I haven't seen too many around here either so it makes you wonder if they underestimated demand. So many orders taking so long, wait lists, etc.. Yet, I have only seen a couple here and there besides ours so far. I'm sure it's only a matter of time, but dealers that are used to getting 6 or 8 X5's a month are getting 1 or 2 if they're lucky… So maybe just worldwide demand exceeding expectations I guess. That and parts supply issues that seem pretty absurd but have caused major log jams.

I also think it's just in our heads a bit. Think about how many 3 series there are out there, but when the F30 first came out, it still took a while before I saw more than a couple here and there. Just takes time before the presence is there, even when they are selling… so many cars on the road in general.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 11:18 AM   #29
MRV99
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP / 2017 RRS SC

Garage List
2017 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
I do miss the visually differences which would separate the M-sport vs ///M look. Maybe it is just me but I can still easily spot an ///M version pretty easily when driving down the street but then again I know the differences.

I started thinking about this topic because it has been brought up more and more lately. In the past, BMW would release the base and sport versions of the vehicle(s) which were pretty plain. The ///M version would get released and it would be visually very easy to pick out with its M bumpers and side skirts(as well as fender/quarter flairs). Then 2 years after the ///M models hit the streets, the LCI models would come out with the update "M-sport" or "M-Technic" version of the sport line which would start to blend the looks of the two. Now BMW releases the M-sport package right away and not during the LCI. When the ///M model gets released, there are already hundreds of similar looking cars/trucks already out the ///M style just blends in.

The other thing which I noticed is that the introduction of the Air blades on the fenders. Instead of the ///M cars having unique fender vents are now being spread across to non ///M versions. I know the vent vs air blade is different but it still adds items to the fender which used to be associated only on ///M cars.

17 M3 ZCP -- 2017 Range Rover Sport SC
--RIP--
12 X5 50i Sport -- 11 M3 DCT -- 2011 X5 50i(Lemon) -- 2008 550 Msport -- 2007 x5 4.8 sport -- 2004 545 sport -- 2002 x5 4.4 sport -- 2001 540i Msport 2000 SL500 -- 1997 SL500
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 12:29 PM   #30
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRV99 View Post
The other thing which I noticed is that the introduction of the Air blades on the fenders. Instead of the ///M cars having unique fender vents are now being spread across to non ///M versions. I know the vent vs air blade is different but it still adds items to the fender which used to be associated only on ///M cars.
They're putting that on all cars now, not just M Sports. To cool the brakes and improve efficiency I believe.

I said it at the beginning of this thread, let's do what BMW themselves suggested to the OP and wait and see. Even from the spy shots, I DO see a noticeably more aggressive and mean truck in the F15 X5 ///M.

Until the camp is taken off, take a look at the 3/4 series M sports vs. ///M3/4. True the difference from M sport to ///M isn't as great as base to ///M, but the ///M is still easily recognizable by anyone that would notice the difference from base to ///M. Truth is, only enthusiasts know the difference to begin with. Same was true of the E9x ///M3's.

I for one was against the M Sport / 'S-Line' type of offerings when they first started doing it. But at some point, you just give in and realize the car looks better with the M sport package than without, and some options you want are not available (ex. sport auto on the F15) without it. But I've never once mistaken an M sport for an ///M of any model.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 08:32 AM   #31
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

Cool you got the answer!
Appreciate 0