02-06-2016, 08:27 PM   #23
Broadsword
Sustinendum Victoriam
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaFX1942 View Post
Shawnsheridan was able to assist in unlocking my nav system with the activation code, and it located me in SK, so hopefully the compass will "recalibrate" itself.
After having my car in Korea for a couple of days, the compass did "recalibrate" itself. I think that's awesome the nav works in English there now. I paid the ridiculous price for the AVOL GPS the PX sells.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2016, 08:34 PM   #24
DeltaFX1942
Stormtrooper
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi A3 2.0T Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadsword View Post
After having my car in Korea for a couple of days, the compass did "recalibrate" itself. I think that's awesome the nav works in English there now. I paid the ridiculous price for the AVOL GPS the PX sells.
Haha, I wish - it just shows me on the Korean peninsula, but I can't zoom into any detail. Also driving around this morning it still has me pointing the opposite way. Hopefully it auto corrects in a few days like yours did. I use Waze for most of my navigation needs. It's not entirely flawless but gets the job done.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2016, 10:11 PM   #25
nameisjae1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 M sports

So, are you guys telling me that NAV does work here in Korea? We can code to unlock? DeltaFX1942 let me know please.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2016, 04:26 AM   #26
DeltaFX1942
Stormtrooper
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi A3 2.0T Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameisjae1 View Post
So, are you guys telling me that NAV does work here in Korea? We can code to unlock? DeltaFX1942 let me know please.
No nav doesnt work. When i picked my car up at Camp Kim, the navigation screen was locked - kept asking for an activation code. shawnsheridan was kind enough to send me the code, so now I can get to that screen. my compass is still inverted however. going north shows me going south. I'm about to call BMW Genius and ask how to recalibrate.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2016, 04:51 AM   #27
nameisjae1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 M sports

I see. I wanted to get the NAV working as well but I guess we'll have to wait until we go back to the US. I haven't got my compass fixed because when I take it to the dealer, they told me that I will have to reboot/upgrade my system, which will wipe all my codes...I can live without the compass for now. (been a year already)
Appreciate 0