02-10-2015, 10:14 PM   #23
42pilot
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35d MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by paicapo View Post
ok I will rephrase for better understanding:
post your facts that are backing up your statement that spacers is a cause of malfunction on a daily driven BMW

I've explained what I have seen first-hand and what others could expect by using spacers improperly. There's your facts. And remember, I don't care if you use spacers or not - it's not my car.
      02-10-2015, 11:03 PM   #24
Jerich0
Love to Drive
Rep
Drives: X4 & M4

guys I tried finding spacers for the F15 but no luck... I wish to add 18mm to the rear... is there a link to a product where I can purchase it or is it exactly the same as the E70?

JC
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 11:21 PM   #25
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerich0 View Post
guys I tried finding spacers for the F15 but no luck... I wish to add 18mm to the rear... is there a link to a product where I can purchase it or is it exactly the same as the E70?

JC
It should be the same as the E70 as long as the center bore is the same 74.1mm. This one will fit but I have no idea on the brand/quality: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BMW-X5-E7...item41854ea459. I would say stick with a reputable brand because as 42pilot and I have stated a few times (esp with his experience), spacers are risky no matter what anyone tells you. Therefore, always buy something that is quality. One little hiccup is all it takes for something to go wrong. So, no point in adding another negative variable (cheap quality) into the equation.
      02-11-2015, 01:07 AM   #26
emdeuce
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 ZL9 6MT

From personal experience, never had problems running spacers on my track car or my x5. During my time working at Redline time attack as a tech inspector when classing cars, I noticed many cars(even well known sponsored race cars) ran spacers. Yes in theory running the load further out will put more load on the bearings, however I have never first hand seen or heard of "catastrophic failure". Also as paicapo posted previously, running lower offset on the same width wheel, e.g. 19x9 et40 vs et25, puts the same load as adding a 15mm spacer.

Also the only other thing is you'll need to run longer bolts/lugs. I'm not a physicist, but I can imagine it "increases risk" of shearing

Imo, if it is for your daily driven street car, I don't see any danger in running spacers. If it is for a track/race car, I could/would mean premature wear of your wheel bearings.

I purchased mine from ezaccessories.com (local to me). Quality is excellent, fitments is spot on, and great value. Also purchased extended 10.1 grade bolts.
Appreciate 0