09-10-2014, 10:05 AM   #23
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Horn View Post
OK, so I have to remind them about that? I thought it was part of xLine package. I understand now they need to fill out the order sheet properly.
someone else can chime in on the x-line and lux-line, but I know on the M Sport you can specify which color roof rails you want. CA's don't all know this or don't always ask, so if you want one over the other, make sure you bring it up. I thought it was the same on Lux and X-line, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong there.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2014, 10:08 AM   #24
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
Yeah, you're right. It's funny. We should have made a sticky at the very top the way the Macan Forum did. This would have been nice for members to keep adding their pics together of their cars rather than us individually starting threads and having to keep digging back pages and pages just to find our old threads to update, lol.

http://www.macanforum.com/forum/appe...r-threads.html
Most of the other forums on here have that too, F30, etc. Not sure if a mod sets that up or what…. ?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2014, 12:40 PM   #25
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
Most of the other forums on here have that too, F30, etc. Not sure if a mod sets that up or what…. ?
Beats me, my friend...maybe too much work . I'm sure they have a reason...but maybe they'll take our thoughts into consideration.
      09-11-2014, 01:46 AM   #26
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Quote:
You can choose black or satin, so it's entirely possible(albeit odd) that someone could choose black rails to go with their satin window trim. Maybe they didn't consider the windows... I know a lot of people on here weren't even asked by their CA when the order went in, so it could be the CA's fault too..
Up until today all builds on website added satin roof rails, but now it suddenly started showing them with black rails (or high gloss?)
I see BMWUSA was redesigned last night and now it went from chrome roof rails to black roof rails overnight. Do you see the same thing?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2014, 12:57 PM   #27
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Horn
Quote:
You can choose black or satin, so it's entirely possible(albeit odd) that someone could choose black rails to go with their satin window trim. Maybe they didn't consider the windows... I know a lot of people on here weren't even asked by their CA when the order went in, so it could be the CA's fault too..
Up until today all builds on website added satin roof rails, but now it suddenly started showing them with black rails (or high gloss?)
I see BMWUSA was redesigned last night and now it went from chrome roof rails to black roof rails overnight. Do you see the same thing?
I wouldn't go by that, I would check with your CA when you order, ask to see the screen to confirm options and/or ask for a Vehicle Inquiry Report when it's done. The online configurator often has glitches.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 12:09 PM   #28
HMN
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5MC LCI, 2017 F86 X6M

Garage List
2014 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
I know what you mean regarding those combos, lol. Very nice! Photo shoots in open space with great backgrounds was exactly where my head was at regarding your home . I'm slowly getting into photography as a hobby so I'm starting to notice these things more and more. I had no idea what light painting was until I saw pictures like this:

Capturing the right moment depends greatly on the camera type but even more on the person taking the photo. I would love to go to green places at night and do a photoshoot!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 01:55 PM   #29
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamad Nasser View Post
Capturing the right moment depends greatly on the camera type but even more on the person taking the photo. I would love to go to green places at night and do a photoshoot!
I have a Canon Powershot G16. I bought a Polarizer Lens and have this beautiful park that has a huge hill with mountains deep in the background. We have a lot of greenery where I live. I really need time to go out there one of these days to get some solid new pictures .