BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-19-2015, 08:42 PM   #1
batmanken
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i Msport

adding weight to the steering?

is this anyway possible? as a lot of F15 owners have mentioned, the steering is very light and I think it would drive so much better if there's a little more weight/resistance on the steering wheel. thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2015, 09:10 PM   #2
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmanken View Post
is this anyway possible? as a lot of F15 owners have mentioned, the steering is very light and I think it would drive so much better if there's a little more weight/resistance on the steering wheel. thoughts?
I agree 100%, which is why I'm upgrading my stock suspension to Accuair air suspension .
      01-19-2015, 09:17 PM   #3
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, LEX, MBZ, RAM, TESLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmanken View Post
I agree 100%, which is why I'm upgrading my stock suspension to Accuair air suspension .
Group buy?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2015, 09:36 PM   #4
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taran.J View Post
Group buy?
Well, since I'm the guinea pig for the whole setup for our F15s, and it's through my buddy and his Accuair vendor, I'm sure they'll give a discount for a group buy. I'll ask him tomorrow. I know pdawg and you are interested. Anyone else interested in this? Supposedly it will be as good as DHP. They are giving me the I-level phone kit for free with my install. I'll show you some videos of how it's driven and how the suspension remote system works. It's so crazy how customized you can make it. Obviously, I will NEVER EVER do a bagged look or lower my car where there is rub or looks ricer. I just want an aggressive stance, stock stance, and high stance for off-roading with tight handling/steering.

Remote demonstration:

Background movie:

Accuair drive/review:

Last edited by opasha; 01-19-2015 at 09:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2015, 11:21 PM   #5
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, LEX, MBZ, RAM, TESLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha
Quote:
Group buy?
Well, since I'm the guinea pig for the whole setup for our F15s, and it's through my buddy and his Accuair vendor, I'm sure they'll give a discount for a group buy. I'll ask him tomorrow. I know pdawg and you are interested. Anyone else interested in this? Supposedly it will be as good as DHP. They are giving me the I-level phone kit for free with my install. I'll show you some videos of how it's driven and how the suspension remote system works. It's so crazy how customized you can make it. Obviously, I will NEVER EVER do a bagged look or lower my car where there is rub or looks ricer. I just want an aggressive stance, stock stance, and high stance for off-roading with tight handling/steering.

Remote demonstration:

Background movie:

Accuair drive/review:

My problem is Id want a professional tech working on this kit, for my C63 I even drove down to Portland because I trusted the shop and the employees more than anybody in my state. For the X5 it's a whole new demon if we're bagged lol
Appreciate 1
      01-19-2015, 11:46 PM   #6
pdawg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 XDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
Obviously, I will NEVER EVER do a bagged look or lower my car where there is rub or looks ricer. I just want an aggressive stance, stock stance, and high stance for off-roading with tight handling/steering.
+10000000000000000000000000000000000
Appreciate 1
      01-20-2015, 12:18 AM   #7
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
My problem is Id want a professional tech working on this kit, for my C63 I even drove down to Portland because I trusted the shop and the employees more than anybody in my state. For the X5 it's a whole new demon if we're bagged lol
I got lucky. My friend is a certified Accuair installer. I think you just have to look up for your location who is certified to install it properly. I would never let any random shop that isn't familiar with the suspension system install it.