12-29-2023, 04:33 PM   #1
mrrsharma@yahoo.com
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 35D F15

rear left speed sensor air gap error

Hello,

2014 x5 f15

I few days back I got a few warning on the dash. The scanner said incorrect speed sensor detected.

Then today I got almost all the lights pop up. Abs, brake 4x4 dsc, malfunction, transmission

I scanned it again and it said left rear speed sensor air gap incorrect or something.

I order a set of rear speed sensors, hope that fixes it, if not… it might be the rear bearing.

Can I change 1 bearing or change in a set… I’m leaning to the set. The parts are identical to the e70, good YouTube videos on the replacement… but not looking forward to that…

Time will tell.

This is the worst time to order parts, everyone is short staffed this and next week… oh well.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2024, 05:07 PM   #2
mrrsharma@yahoo.com
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 35D F15

I replaced the rear left speed (took about 35 minutes to get the job done. The biggest pain is I clipping all the hooks and removing a few plastic push rivets to get the the sensors plug behind the rear splash shield area.
Appreciate 0