BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-05-2021, 12:26 PM   #23
InsipidMonkey
Premium Monkey
Rep
Drives: N54 E61, N57 F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwal187 View Post
Go to tune my euro website . It will give you all the info you need as to which micron filter you need
And when the updated fitment one for DHP will be available
I'm not seeing any of this info on the website? The product page linked above doesn't mention the DHP incompatibility, and doesn't explain the choice on the filter size. If only a 1 micron filter will protect you if your fuel pump grenades, why even offer the 3 micron? What is the downside to the 1 micron filter? I assume pressure drop, but the reviews don't mention any negative side effects.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2021, 03:01 PM   #24
devlinsky
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F15 M50d / ex E90 335i / Panda

Read again.

1 micron protects you if your hpfp grenaded before, 3 microns protects you should it ever grenade itself.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2021, 05:01 PM   #25
F87 S55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by devlinsky View Post
Read again.

1 micron protects you if your hpfp grenaded before, 3 microns protects you should it ever grenade itself.
Here is what is actually posted on their website.

1 micron filter and 3 micron filters...the 3 micron is plenty sufficient for most situations, I'd recommend using the 1 micron filter kit if you have already had a fuel pump fail. If a HPFP fails, it sends microscopic pieces of metal into the fuel tank and its nearly impossible to clean out the tank good enough to ensure that you got every bit of debris. Official recommendation from dealers is "Replace the whole tank, LPFP and all the lines". If you have a 1 micron filter, you don't need to replace those parts.

To me, it reads the 1 micron is recommended if you have already had a fuel pump fail.....and if you have the 1 micron filter in place, and the HPFP grenades, you won't need to replace the whole fuel tank, LPFP and all the lines. To me, it makes sense to just install the 1 micron filter initially so in the case your HPFP does grenade, you are already catching the sub 3 micron debris right away. For a $10 price delta that is cheap insurance!!

Am I missing something!?!?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2021, 09:57 PM   #26
M3HNGRY
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '18 AW X5 35d Msport

How does this protect the injector when the cp4 explodes? ^ I thought its a prefilter for the hpfp and not a post.
Appreciate 0