BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-27-2024, 02:26 PM   #1
Pollabr
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW x5

X5 Bluetooth/Apple CarPlay Connection

I know there has been topics on this issue before but mine seems to be a little different than what have been asked/posted previously.

Here goes:
Lately idrive has not been connecting apple CarPlay in my X5 and sometimes it would connect but while driving it will disconnect mid drive and I can’t reconnect. I noticed this started happening after my kids, who now drive, created driving profiles and connected their iPhones to idrive. One thing I noticed is that idrive recognizes their iPhones by their phone names but it only recognizes mine as iPhone. If I’m driving under my driver profile and they get in my x5, idrive will disconnect my phone and connect their phone to Apple CarPlay. I can delete their phones from idrive but I cannot delete mine. I have to delete bmw from my phones Bluetooth, restart my phone and reboot idrive for it to re-establish a connection to Apple CarPlay, but the minute they reconnect their phones to idrive under their driving profiles, the next time I use my driving profile I have the same above issues again. Has anyone ever encountered this issue and how can I permanently fix this?
Appreciate 0