BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

03-02-2024, 01:19 PM   #1
greddymop
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 XDR

24EE00 - Engine mount, activation: Short circuit to B+ ?

Evening all!
I'm just trying to sort out an annoying error code on my F15 M50d - and hopefully, someone can help point me in the right direction of where to look!

I've used ISTA, found the code, and noted that part is 11538572508 (fairly cheap, so if the valve itself is blown, easy enough to replace).

However, I can't seem to find the valve for the engine mounts! Taken the cover off the top, and met with about 5x of these valves all doing "things", and note that the valve is also used in the EGR system...

Therefore, has anyone got any images / diagrams of where the valve sits in the engine mount vacuum system?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2024, 11:49 AM   #2
CatalinP
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 2014 3.0xd

You have to follow the red vacuum hose. It should be on the right hand side of the engine (looking from the front bumper to the engine bay, behind the air filter box. There you should see a black plastic pipe coming from the vacuum pump and going to the brake servo. On this pipe there are 3 black vacuum hoses, going different directions. One of them goes to a solenoid valve, of which the output is the red vacuum hose going to the engine mounts. Hope it makes sense.
Appreciate 0