BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-24-2018, 09:45 AM   #23
Awsm66
Registered
Rep
Drives: Blue 2010 335i

It depends on what you use it for. I got a 65” at the beginning of last year (can’t remember model but it was just below the top end) and within months it had Disney Jr on one side and Nick jr on the other side burned in permanently because my kids and wife leave it on those channels all the time.

I loved the picture but gave it away because I can’t stand the burn in. I will not get another oled for family use but plan on getting another one when I have a man cave where I can just watch sports and movies.

The burn in didn’t seem to bother anyone else as bad as me but it was frustrating that I spent as much as I did and it was burned in like that.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2018, 10:37 AM   #24
eldogo
Lieutenant
Tanzania
Rep
Drives: BMW 328xi BMW X5 F15 BMW M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awsm66 View Post
It depends on what you use it for. I got a 65” at the beginning of last year (can’t remember model but it was just below the top end) and within months it had Disney Jr on one side and Nick jr on the other side burned in permanently because my kids and wife leave it on those channels all the time.

I loved the picture but gave it away because I canÂ’t stand the burn in. I will not get another oled for family use but plan on getting another one when I have a man cave where I can just watch sports and movies.

The burn in didnÂ’t seem to bother anyone else as bad as me but it was frustrating that I spent as much as I did and it was burned in like that.
Sorry to hear that. But it would have bothered me too. I tend to watch mostly 4K content on Netflix and amazon to avoid burn ins. I also change channels during commercials when watching cnn or hgtv
      03-03-2018, 06:35 PM   #25
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awsm66 View Post

I loved the picture but gave it away because I can’t stand the burn in. I will not get another oled for family use but plan on getting another one when I have a man cave where I can just watch sports and movies.

The burn in didn’t seem to bother anyone else as bad as me but it was frustrating that I spent as much as I did and it was burned in like that.
Never leave the tv on torch mode

The picture just plain sucks and possibility of burn in exists.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2018, 06:41 PM   #26
Shredicus
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Pffff OLED

My 65" last generation panasonic plasma TV has an amazing picture, zero burn-in, AND heats an entire family room! Top that!
Appreciate 1
      03-05-2018, 02:14 PM   #27
eldogo
Lieutenant
Tanzania
Rep
Drives: BMW 328xi BMW X5 F15 BMW M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredicus View Post
Pffff OLED

My 65" last generation panasonic plasma TV has an amazing picture, zero burn-in, AND heats an entire family room! Top that!
Hahaha, that's how I use my plasma 55 inch Samsung in my bedroom. Just watch a couple of shows and the whole room is nice and toasty
      03-05-2018, 04:22 PM   #28
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredicus View Post
Pffff OLED

I had a very nice Samsung Plasma for years that I loved. But, it isn’t even close to how nice the picture is on my LG OLED, especially in 4k/HDR10 and even a couple of Dolby Vision movies.

It seems people that have/had Plasmas are having no problem with OLED TVs, but those that haven’t are. It is a very general statement, but it looks that way from some AV forums I’m on where there is huge threads about them and burn in etc.

I’ve had my LG for a year and a half now with zero issues. We gave our Samsung Plasma to our my in laws and it is over 5 years old with no issues. These types of tvs take a little bit more care in using them, but are worth it IMO.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2018, 08:53 PM   #29
Fatty Duckets
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335is

I recently purchased the lg oled c7p and the picture is incredible. I am a plasma only guy, and still have two running that. Before I brought the OLED home, I was convinced that my 8 year old Panasonic plasma was still not worth replacing. Well, I was wrong. As soon as I tuned into an NBA game and saw the picture, I was smiling bigtime. 100% recommend this tv.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2018, 03:05 PM   #30
Awsm66
Registered
Rep
Drives: Blue 2010 335i

I had plasma before my oled. Never had a problem with the plasma and it still works to this day (only 55” though) and has 0 burn in. I thought I had all the safeguards and such turned on for the oled because I had heard about burn in, perhaps I missed something but more than likely it’s because it would stay on those channels all day and night. Again, I loved the oled and will own one again but just not for the family room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I had a very nice Samsung Plasma for years that I loved. But, it isn’t even close to how nice the picture is on my LG OLED, especially in 4k/HDR10 and even a couple of Dolby Vision movies.

It seems people that have/had Plasmas are having no problem with OLED TVs, but those that haven’t are. It is a very general statement, but it looks that way from some AV forums I’m on where there is huge threads about them and burn in etc.

I’ve had my LG for a year and a half now with zero issues. We gave our Samsung Plasma to our my in laws and it is over 5 years old with no issues. These types of tvs take a little bit more care in using them, but are worth it IMO.
Appreciate 0