BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-18-2018, 06:13 PM   #1
E90joee
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xdrive

So ill be leaving to bangkok on march 19, will land there the 20th at 11pm. A day and a half almost wasted which sucks, will still plan on going out that night for a few drinks nothing crazy. So first full day will be the 21st, i plan on being there for a day really because we mainly want to go see the islands. Can anyone suggest things to do in bangkok...we'd like to see the tiggers or elephants if its not far. Also were only staying in bangkok for a day then headed to the islands on thursday morning since we have to fly back home on the 26th. Were having trouble on deciding to go to phuket and island hop from there or just avoid it and go to koh sumai and visit the islands near there due to time constrictions. Im 24 and my girlfriends 22 were going for spring break...we like the party scene, hiking to see some views, anything nature, and like i mentioned trying to see tiggers and elephants. Any hotel suggestions will be good too, thanks in advance! Any suggestions and places will help
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 06:22 PM   #2
joooiiiiii
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 ZCP

Never been to Thailand, but I understand from a lot of friends and my own experience in traveling that it may be hard to do so much in so little time--in fact it can be pretty exhausting and not much of a vacation.

Bangkok is perfect for nightlife and Phuket is great for beaches (and parties of course), however it is saturated with tourists during peak seasons. Try localizing to only a couple spots for the duration of your stay because you'll be wasting days on recovery anyways (if you drink like that) and no one wants to wake up early to travel with a raging headache.

No recommendations on hotels though, sorry!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 06:37 PM   #3
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

I've been to Thailand at least five times but it's been awhile. Considering you're young, and want to party, I think Phuket and island hoping from there is better than Koh Samui.
No matter what you choose, you'll love it. It's one of my favourite destinations in the world because of its laid back atmosphere, beaches, delicious food and cheap massages. Have fun!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 06:42 PM   #4
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Watch out for ladyboys and monkeys that smoke.
Appreciate 3
Germanauto9698.00
upstatedoc7555.50
F32Fleet3566.00
      02-18-2018, 06:47 PM   #5
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Watch out for ladyboys and monkeys that smoke.
I agree .
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
E90joee145.00
F32Fleet3566.00
      02-18-2018, 09:29 PM   #6
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

hey i lived in bangkok for 6 months and still visit every year.

give me more details on what you want to do in bangkok ie really experience a club, eat great street food, visit one of the many amazing malls, temples, etc.

^ provide this and i can better point out a specific region in bangkok and take it from there.

are you and the gf comfortable with sexuality, if so there are some shows/areas you guys can go together, have a drink, and some laughs as well.

let me know.
      02-18-2018, 09:30 PM   #7
Scout10
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X3 X28i

There used to be a BEER brand with a mad tiger on the label over there.
( i would suggest staying away from that also )
1965 Chevrolet Corvette 327 / 4spd Convt
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 09:43 PM   #8
E90joee
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
I've been to Thailand at least five times but it's been awhile. Considering you're young, and want to party, I think Phuket and island hoping from there is better than Koh Samui.
No matter what you choose, you'll love it. It's one of my favourite destinations in the world because of its laid back atmosphere, beaches, delicious food and cheap massages. Have fun!
Yea some friends say the same but i just feel like its so touristy !
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 09:45 PM   #9
E90joee
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post
hey i lived in bangkok for 6 months and still visit every year.

give me more details on what you want to do in bangkok ie really experience a club, eat great street food, visit one of the many amazing malls, temples, etc.

^ provide this and i can better point out a specific region in bangkok and take it from there.

are you and the gf comfortable with sexuality, if so there are some shows/areas you guys can go together, have a drink, and some laughs as well.

let me know.
If i can squeeze a temple, street food, mall, and a good casual lounge/bar thatll be ideal! Deff comfortable with sexuality, were there to have a good time!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 09:45 PM   #10
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

I think they're rather good at ping pong in Bangkok,

The thing I did there (as tourist) and remember the most was doing a bicycle tour.
That was awesome, and you really get the feeling you see parts of bangkok one normally wouldnt see.
You get to see markets, plantations, really odd small industrial areas where they do handwork like we did in the 1900's etc. Lots of things that are off the normal tourist track.

Some tours include a boatride to get to certain areas
It beats any templevisit etc
This is the site.
https://www.covankessel.com/
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 1
E90joee145.00
      02-18-2018, 11:32 PM   #11
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep

Based on your info, this is what I would recommend:

3/20
Arrive BKK 11 PM
Take taxi/airport link to Bangkok arrive hotel 12 AM

3/21
Check in shower leave 12:30 AM
Take taxi to RCA (go to club ONYX: thai local spot, few foreigners) or Aloft hotel in sukhumvit (club Level: majority foreigners)

Most clubs close at 2 AM and you will go to the after hour clubs if you are still up for it. If you are at ONYX there is ODYSSEY next door open until 4 am. Literally walk up the street you will find a vast variety of thai street food if you are hungry.

If you go to Level, you will find few street carts open this late but there is a 24 hour mcdonald there (try the Asian specific items if you have never tried, they are much better than usa mcdonalds and cleaner too).

X:XX am return hotel and sleep.

X:XX am wake up go outside randomly walk the streets and find street food to eat, try different things. During the day if you want to experience an Asian mall go to either Siam Paragon or Emquartier. Either mall you will find food courts and many restaurants to your liking.

~ 2PM ish, you explored a mall and had lunch and energized.

~3 PM go to a temple either grand palace (most famous lots of tourists but most memorable) or wat pho.

~5 PM if you want to visit a really famous street market go to khaosan road, it is just a really long street dedicated for foreigners where you can pick up anything you want, literally.

If not, feel free to explore the area or give me an idea of what you want to do.

~8 PM dinner, I know your in Bangkok and you want to try local food, but maybe treat you and the gf to a nice dinner out? I don’t know how much you plan on spending but look up vertigo at banyan tree, I go here a lot for nice dinners or the sky bar at iebua state tower (think hangover 2 at top of tower).

If you want something simple dinner on roof with drinks go to octave or red sky bar.

~11 PM clubbing round 2? Don’t know what you want to do, ideas?

X:XX come home to to sleep

3/22:
Leave morning for islands

Will fill out rest later, hope this helps in the meantime.

3/26:
Flight Home

Few things:

Transportation: During the day traffic is heavy. If you are adventurous you will find these guys on scooters wearing a vest which means they are a taxi service. You can pay the guys and they will zip through traffic in no time.

The MRT is very convenient and easy to use, look up the Bangkok MRT map to find more info.

As night approaches uber is most convenient.

NEVER talk about the king in public and respect the culture, super important.
      02-19-2018, 06:01 AM   #12
SalsaMan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i E90

I'd also consider a trip up north to Chang Mai, awesome city with more of an authentic Thai feel than Bangkok which is more of an Asian/tourist metropolis. Lots to do near the city, elephant sanctuaries and jungle river cruises etc.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2018, 09:11 AM   #13
EdM5
Colonel
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: G26 i4 M50 & E70 X5 Xdrive35d

http://www.lebua.com/sky-bar?gclid=E...iAAEgJgMPD_BwE

Hotel? Lebua at State Tower

The skybar is breathtaking.
Gym and wellness are awesome as well.
      02-19-2018, 10:14 AM   #14
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Bang cock
Fook it
Appreciate 2
      02-19-2018, 02:55 PM   #15
E90joee
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Based on your info, this is what I would recommend:

3/20
Arrive BKK 11 PM

3/21
Take taxi to RCA (go to club ONYX: thai local spot, few foreigners) or Aloft hotel in sukhumvit (club Level: majority foreigners)

Most clubs close at 2 AM and you will go to the after hour clubs if you are still up for it. If you are at ONYX there is ODYSSEY next door open until 4 am. Literally walk up the street you will find a vast variety of thai street food if you are hungry.

If you go to Level, you will find few street carts open this late but there is a 24 hour mcdonald there (try the Asian specific items if you have never tried, they are much better than usa mcdonalds and cleaner too).

X:XX am wake up go outside randomly walk the streets and find street food to eat, try different things. During the day if you want to experience an Asian mall go to either Siam Paragon or Emquartier. Either mall you will find food courts and many restaurants to your liking.

~3 PM go to a temple either grand palace (most famous lots of tourists but most memorable) or wat pho.

~5 PM if you want to visit a really famous street market go to khaosan road, it is just a really long street dedicated for foreigners where you can pick up anything you want, literally.

If not, feel free to explore the area or give me an idea of what you want to do.

~8 PM dinner, I know your in Bangkok and you want to try local food, but maybe treat you and the gf to a nice dinner out? I don’t know how much you plan on spending but look up vertigo at banyan tree, I go here a lot for nice dinners or the sky bar at iebua state tower (think hangover 2 at top of tower).

If you want something simple dinner on roof with drinks go to octave or red sky bar.

~11 PM clubbing round 2? Don’t know what you want to do, ideas?

3/22:

Will fill out rest later, hope this helps in the meantime.

3/26:
Flight Home

Few things:

Transportation: During the day traffic is heavy. If you are adventurous you will find these guys on scooters wearing a vest which means they are a taxi service. You can pay the guys and they will zip through traffic in no time.

The MRT is very convenient and easy to use, look up the Bangkok MRT map to find more info.

Super helpful bro, thats pretty ideal itinerary for bangkok. Its looking like our first island will just be phuket and then go to another island from there.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2018, 04:00 PM   #16
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
just remember bangkok used to be named something else.......u been warned. ive never been but i do like thai food immensely
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2018, 12:39 AM   #17
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep

forget phuket... just a filth full of tourist you can spend your time elsewhere.

i will update when i can.
      02-20-2018, 06:32 AM   #18
E90joee
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
forget phuket... just a filth full of tourist you can spend your time elsewhere.

i will update when i can.
Thats what i was reading around online...but they say the better beaches are on the west side of phuket
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2018, 09:49 AM   #19
Angry Ketchup
Private
England
Rep
Drives: 650i (F12)

Thumbs up In Thailand right now, actually!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalsaMan View Post
I'd also consider a trip up north to Chang Mai, awesome city with more of an authentic Thai feel than Bangkok which is more of an Asian/tourist metropolis. Lots to do near the city, elephant sanctuaries and jungle river cruises etc.
+1 for Chiang Mai.

We just flew from Chaing Mai to Koh Samui today. We spent a week in Chiang Mai taking private tours to temples, jungle villages, etc. Some were better than others. You can hire a private 'luxury' minibus/van and driver (or driver and tour guide) that will take you to Chiang Ria area from Chiang Mai. The Hmong tribal villiage of Doi Pui is so-so. The drive up and down the mountain isn't for the feint of heart! Wat Doi Suthep is half way up. Very cool temple with views (depending on the haze).

Koh Samui is great - we're here with our child and my wife's parents. We got a kick-ass villa with it's own live-in maid. Reasonable price, but not cheap. It was 1 step down from Banyan Tree or 4 Seasons - which we would probably do next time if the in-laws weren't in tow.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2018, 12:14 PM   #20
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep

been super busy past few days, added island info.

3/20
Arrive BKK 11 PM

3/21

explore victory monument round about, explore rest of the day.

~11 PM late night adventures, take a visit to nana or soi cowboy for an experience, visit a ping pong show and have a drink and few laughs. after take a short cab to crazy house for continued festivities (entire floor is made of glass so top or bottom floors, you have a view).

3/22:

leave for phi phi island. this island is beautiful and they have an amazing tiger kingdom there. you pay a small fee and get to go in the cage and pet and hug tigers of various shapes and sizes. go on youtube and check it out, i wanted to bring home a baby cub adorable.

you can hang out on beach, snorkel, etc. less crowded and cleaner here so you can really enjoy.

i would stay here for 2 days.

3/24:
koh samui. so you enjoyed wild night in bangkok, travels, and enjoyed hiking and lounging with tigers in phi phi. final days i would just relax, lay on the beach, take some strolls, nice dinners and rewind. koh samui is def the place for that. most of crowd is honey mooners so no kids, and is serine and relaxing place to be.

after 2 nights time to fly home.

3/26:
Flight Home

Few things:

02-22-2018, 06:23 PM   #21
Bimmer Nerd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT F80

Just got back from Thailand about a month ago. Same age as you. Same interests.

Here's my advice to you and your GF since you're into hiking/partying and are spending only 5-6 days in Thailand.

Bangkok - Spend 1 day max. Its dirty, busy, not the best part of Thailand.

Fly to Phucket - Spend 1-2 days. You can see the elephants about 30-45 minutes away from city center (Phucket Elephant Sanctuary).
Go the club illuzion or go check out the bars on the same street at night. Its madness.

Take a ferry to Phi Phi Islands - Spend 2-3 days (Ibiza House/Beacha Hotel party none stop from 12am to 2am EVERY single day).
There's a nice hike to the viewpoint, you and your GF would enjoy it.

Fly back to Bangkok and relax for a day before your flight.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2018, 06:58 AM   #22
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Get ready to become a conisour on Johnny Walker.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0