BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-15-2017, 11:47 PM   #23
hdAge
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 xDrive35d M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by f15Msport View Post
i just ordered everything from getbmwparts and paid up the $2100. its realllllly not hard to install those items.
i got the front splitter, rear diffuser, pedals and alcantara steering wheel. With the help of a friend whose installed lips//diffusers before in previous cars i was astonished to see how easy it was, all while doing it properly of course.

just for comparison my shop told me $60 for install for each lip/diffuser so $120. not bad even if i decided to do that.

My X5 M sport is a lease. i didn't care tho i liked the parts, and got everything on the car asap so i could just enjoy it. Only thing i did pay my performance shop to do is the H&R sport springs and full X5M carbon/alcantara interior trim

cheers and goodluck !
I'm planning to order from getbmwparts too, i.e, if they cannot be added to the lease (which seems to be the case so far). So looks like you were not able to add the parts to the lease as well?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 05:23 AM   #24
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdAge View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzang View Post
For what it's worth, I know someone who ordered a mppk tune with the car and it was residualized into the lease.
Was this recent, or sometime back. If anyone has managed to add M performance parts successfully to a lease in late 2016 or early 2017, please let me know. The dealer said if I could show this in the MSRP invoice, he can add the parts to the lease. He said he cannot do it as the instructions are coming from BMW.
This was two years ago. Before giving up, I would check other dealers nearby if they say the same thing. If you don't have other dealers nearby then check dealers out of state for clarifications. If they can do it then order the car and lease from them, provided their price is fair or similar to the quote you are getting with the current dealer.
      01-17-2017, 12:36 AM   #25
hdAge
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
This was two years ago. Before giving up, I would check other dealers nearby if they say the same thing. If you don't have other dealers nearby then check dealers out of state for clarifications. If they can do it then order the car and lease from them, provided their price is fair or similar to the quote you are getting with the current dealer.
I'm getting quite a good deal from this dealer, close to 9%-10% off of MSRP on a factory build vehicle, been shopping for a while now and no one had anything close to this. The dealer also mentioned that if BMW agrees they have no problem adding the performance parts to the lease. Infact they started by adding them to the lease only after to find out that BMW does not allow that anymore. If anyone has done this recently and can PM me their MSRP with performance parts added to the lease, I can show that to the dealer and perhaps add mine to the lease too.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2017, 07:49 AM   #26
Nubs61
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 550ix

Just purchased X5 and dealt with two dealers who both told me that you can not residualize M parts but they would put the full cost in the lease payment if you chose to fund it that way.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 02:07 AM   #27
hdAge
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubs61 View Post
Just purchased X5 and dealt with two dealers who both told me that you can not residualize M parts but they would put the full cost in the lease payment if you chose to fund it that way.
I see. That sounds like a good alternative option if you don't want to pay the price upfront.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 02:08 AM   #28
hdAge
First Lieutenant
Rep

Does anyone have pics of a F15 with Front Carbon Fiber Splitter with the F15 in a darker paint (Carbon Black, Black Sapphire, Ruby Black, Azurite Black)? All the M parts I have seen so far are on either Mineral White or Space Gray F15. I'm thinking of choosing between either Mineral White or Ruby Black.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 08:07 AM   #29
X5M50D
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X7 M50d

Quote:
Does anyone have pics of a F15 with Front Carbon Fiber Splitter with the F15 in a darker paint (Carbon Black, Black Sapphire, Ruby Black, Azurite Black)? All the M parts I have seen so far are on either Mineral White or Space Gray F15. I'm thinking of choosing between either Mineral White or Ruby Black.
If you can wait until end March I will have my Carbon Black with the CF M performance pack fitted
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 08:58 AM   #30
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

Quote:
Check this thread
http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...p#post18869139
      02-06-2017, 04:48 PM   #31
hdAge
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5M50D View Post
If you can wait until end March I will have my Carbon Black with the CF M performance pack fitted
Don't think I can wait , but you should still post pics once you have it setup.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 04:50 PM   #32
hdAge
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Awesome, this was exactly what I was looking for. There was a poll in that thread that I just voted, there should have been one more item in the poll and that is "Would you prefer a light color body paint with CF front lip or a dark color body paint with CF front lip" as thats the dilemma am at now ....
Appreciate 0