BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-05-2017, 11:22 AM   #199
JM71
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: P911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
I am stumped at what you believe you cannot achieve.

Werte values are all that matters.
Well I think the problem may be in the BDC_Body module. By happenstance, I was going to FDL code a feature and when trying to read coding data, got a message that it doesn't map, so perhaps VO coding was not successful after changing the FA. I am using v60.3 of psd file. Full error message here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cs1bpsd4ig...rror.jpeg?dl=0

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2017, 12:17 PM   #200
JM71
Private First Class
Rep

Ok, shawnsheridan solved it for me. Of course it was operator error (i.e., me). I was connecting as F010 instead of F025. Re VO coded both BDC_Body and KAFAS.

I didn't re VO code and FDL code both FLE modules since those seemed to work fine yesterday even connected as F010. I also coded a couple of other modules (removed legal disclaimers, etc.) while connected as F010 yesterday and verified that those worked.

So.....fingers crossed that GFHB works when I test tonight and I won't have to go through the torture of changing all those werte values back again.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2017, 06:18 PM   #201
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM71 View Post
Ok, shawnsheridan solved it for me. Of course it was operator error (i.e., me). I was connecting as F010 instead of F025. Re VO coded both BDC_Body and KAFAS.

I didn't re VO code and FDL code both FLE modules since those seemed to work fine yesterday even connected as F010. I also coded a couple of other modules (removed legal disclaimers, etc.) while connected as F010 yesterday and verified that those worked.

So.....fingers crossed that GFHB works when I test tonight and I won't have to go through the torture of changing all those werte values back again.
Does not map is definitely user error. If you expand FP at top of CAFD, you will see acceptable chassis. Since NBT is used in multiple vehicles, that is why you did not get error when doing legal disclaimers.

If you use Launcher Cheat codes I took the time to type, then you do not have to torture yourself; just select and apply.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2017, 11:14 PM   #202
JM71
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
If you use Launcher Cheat codes I took the time to type, then you do not have to torture yourself; just select and apply.
It works!

Just in case I have to ever do this, where do I find these launcher cheat codes? And how do they work?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2017, 11:18 PM   #203
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
It works!

Just in case I have to ever do this, where do I find these launcher cheat codes? And how do they work?
Coding Made Easier (Cheat Codes in E-Sys Launcher)

cheats
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 11:11 AM   #204
JM71
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Thanks! That should make it way easier if I have to do it again.

Is there any way to lower the speed at which it activates? Looks to be around 45 mph and 30-35 would be way more useful. I recall reading about this somewhere but can't find it again.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 06:38 PM   #205
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks! That should make it way easier if I have to do it again.

Is there any way to lower the speed at which it activates? Looks to be around 45 mph and 30-35 would be way more useful. I recall reading about this somewhere but can't find it again.
It turns on above 41 and then stays active if maintain 38 or greater mph.
You can lower it, but system is not necessarily designed to operate at those speeds.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 02:27 AM   #206
Doanster
Major
Rep
Drives: 2014 F15 Carbon Black M-Sport

^^^ This!!! I think people like the novelty of having them activate at lower speeds and in the city when they are really designed for highway and non-light-polluted stretches.
      02-07-2017, 12:06 PM   #207
MochiEater
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 40e

Quote:
It's useful to lower the triggering speed limits while testing the GFHB, especially when test driving with another car. But make it too low or too close together and the HBs flick on and off constantly which can be annoying.

Here is the code (value in kph in hexadecimal):

Below speeds are in HEX VALUE: 00—> 0, 08—> 8, 1F—> 31, 32—> 50, 64—> 100, FF—> 255

BDC_Body / C_HBA_ENA_V_HI / default value = 46 (43 mph) - this is the speed when the HBA enables

BDC_Body / C_HBA_ENA_V_LO / default value = 3C (37 mph)- this is the speed when HBA disables

http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...33&postcount=4
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 01:09 PM   #208
JM71
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MochiEater View Post
It's useful to lower the triggering speed limits while testing the GFHB, especially when test driving with another car. But make it too low or too close together and the HBs flick on and off constantly which can be annoying.

Here is the code (value in kph in hexadecimal):

Below speeds are in HEX VALUE: 00—> 0, 08—> 8, 1F—> 31, 32—> 50, 64—> 100, FF—> 255

BDC_Body / C_HBA_ENA_V_HI / default value = 46 (43 mph) - this is the speed when the HBA enables

BDC_Body / C_HBA_ENA_V_LO / default value = 3C (37 mph)- this is the speed when HBA disables

http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...33&postcount=4
Thanks. I am going to leave mine as is for a while. I can see how they could be annoying at low speed. Also, they aren't really that useful in the city. Main benefit is dark interstate and dark two lane country roads.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2017, 12:35 AM   #209
punkslayer
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 35i

I got chance to create a video using my GoPro to demonstrate this.

[YT]4ENjIYu_5Ps[/YT]

Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ENjIYu_5Ps
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2017, 11:06 PM   #210
jrhav
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '18 M4 ZCP 6MT

A little help needed

Hi all,
Picked up my wife's new '17 X5 yesterday and am working hard to get everything coded including GFHB. I downloaded the PDF and made it somewhat through step 1 of Appendix 2 --- 5AP & 8S4 have been successfully removed and I have VO coded BDC_BODY and both FLE.

However, the directions state that I also need to VO code either FLA or KAFAS -- I don't have either of those - only FLA3 -- when I attempted to VO code FLA3, I got the below error:
FLA3 [5f]
CdDeploy FinishedwithErrror
cafd_000000ae-005_007_006 NotExecutable
Any thoughts? Will this error cause any issues with either my GFHB efforts, or elsewhere (e.g. since the VO code was not completed successfully?)

I'm going to proceed to step 2 and change the many values for each FLE... but any suggestions/input would be most appreciated!

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2017, 01:32 PM   #211
jrhav
Private First Class
Rep

A quick update - I updated the wert values for FLE, but have yet to apply the changes to my car. Also, wanted to clarify that while I do have the lighting package, I do not have DA+. My '14 F10 is configured in the same manner and I have been able to use GFHB successfully for the past 3 years....

Can somebody please clarify that I do not need to have DA+ to code GFHB on the F15? Also hoping somebody can provide some insight on FLA3 and why I was not able to FO Code it successfully based on the error message I posted earlier --- I do not have a plain FLA listed to code -- did I need to add a module at the time that I deleted 5AP & 8S4?

Any help would be greatly appreciated --- the only reason I ordered ZLP on the F15 was to get GFHB...

Thanks again
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2017, 04:42 PM   #212
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhav View Post
Hi all,
Picked up my wife's new '17 X5 yesterday and am working hard to get everything coded including GFHB. I downloaded the PDF and made it somewhat through step 1 of Appendix 2 --- 5AP & 8S4 have been successfully removed and I have VO coded BDC_BODY and both FLE.

However, the directions state that I also need to VO code either FLA or KAFAS -- I don't have either of those - only FLA3 -- when I attempted to VO code FLA3, I got the below error:
FLA3 [5f]
CdDeploy FinishedwithErrror
cafd_000000ae-005_007_006 NotExecutable
Any thoughts? Will this error cause any issues with either my GFHB efforts, or elsewhere (e.g. since the VO code was not completed successfully?)

I'm going to proceed to step 2 and change the many values for each FLE... but any suggestions/input would be most appreciated!

Thanks!
You can do it with FLA3 as well. It will not work until correctly coded. If you PM me your SVT and FA, I can take a look and send you file to apply to your vehicle.

For the FLE changes, you should be using Cheat Codes.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2017, 07:06 PM   #213
Doanster
Major
Rep
Drives: 2014 F15 Carbon Black M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhav View Post
Can somebody please clarify that I do not need to have DA+ to code GFHB on the F15?
Confirmed... you do not need DA+. I don't have it and GFHB works like a charm.
      03-19-2017, 08:00 PM   #214
jrhav
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
You can do it with FLA3 as well. It will not work until correctly coded. If you PM me your SVT and FA, I can take a look and send you file to apply to your vehicle
PM with files sent - thanks so much for your help.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2017, 08:01 PM   #215
jrhav
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doanster View Post
Confirmed... you do not need DA+. I don't have it and GFHB works like a charm.
Thanks for the confirmation --- looking forward to getting it right!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 05:33 AM   #216
PeanutButterJellyTime
'06 525xi, '14 435xi, '17 X5 50i, '16 428xi GC
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 428xi GC

I FA coded to remove the 5AP and 8S4 from the FA file. I then right clicked ECU and read code. Then after I right clicked ECU again and coded.

Then I used the cheat to code no dazzle step 2 to both sides. I even went back after coding to double check if the parameters remained in CAFD and FA files.

Took a drive and didn't notice anything. The blue high beam indicator would blink on and off. It also remained on when vehicles were around. When I pass the vehicle in front I noticed one of my lights were shining right up to their window.

As for the VLD, it should work after removing 5AP and 8S4 from FA, shouldn't it? I didn't notice anything either going from a stand still to 140km/h.

At least I got the disclaimers to shut off. Where did I mess up? Should I set it back to factory? How is this done if I had to? 😖 Any insight is appreciated. Maybe I still don't understand what VO coding and I have done so much reading even months before actually trying to code.

Last edited by PeanutButterJellyTime; 03-22-2017 at 05:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 01:37 PM   #217
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButterJellyTime View Post
I FA coded to remove the 5AP and 8S4 from the FA file. I then right clicked ECU and read code. Then after I right clicked ECU again and coded.

Then I used the cheat to code no dazzle step 2 to both sides. I even went back after coding to double check if the parameters remained in CAFD and FA files.

Took a drive and didn't notice anything. The blue high beam indicator would blink on and off. It also remained on when vehicles were around. When I pass the vehicle in front I noticed one of my lights were shining right up to their window.

As for the VLD, it should work after removing 5AP and 8S4 from FA, shouldn't it? I didn't notice anything either going from a stand still to 140km/h.

At least I got the disclaimers to shut off. Where did I mess up? Should I set it back to factory? How is this done if I had to? 😖 Any insight is appreciated. Maybe I still don't understand what VO coding and I have done so much reading even months before actually trying to code.
Did you check ECU modules that you VO coded to see if they had correct parameters? I am assuming you VO coded all necessary modules.

Modifying FA alone does nothing. VO coding is the actual process of selecting "Code."
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 06:00 PM   #218
PeanutButterJellyTime
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Did you check ECU modules that you VO coded to see if they had correct parameters? I am assuming you VO coded all necessary modules.

Modifying FA alone does nothing. VO coding is the actual process of selecting "Code."
What parameters would I have to inspect to see if they had correct parameters after VO coding?

I did check the ECU to see if if the step 2 parameters were still applied and it was. I will work on it later and see what else could have happened (not like I would know. Still a noob). I am still able to VO code the modules again without having dire consequences right?

To confirm, there is only a step 2 no glare option in cheat code right? No step 3?

Last edited by PeanutButterJellyTime; 03-22-2017 at 06:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2017, 01:30 AM   #219
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButterJellyTime View Post
What parameters would I have to inspect to see if they had correct parameters after VO coding?

I did check the ECU to see if if the step 2 parameters were still applied and it was. I will work on it later and see what else could have happened (not like I would know. Still a noob). I am still able to VO code the modules again without having dire consequences right?

To confirm, there is only a step 2 no glare option in cheat code right? No step 3?
BDC_BODY: LUT_FLC_FORWARDLIGHTING_Y: 9C, 9C, 9C
KAFAS: GLAREFREE_HIGHBEAM_ENABLED: 01

No risk in VO coding multiple times.

"F15 (After July 1 2015) - NGHB. Apply to Both FLEs. Step 2 of PDF"
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2017, 03:30 PM   #220
PeanutButterJellyTime
Canada
Rep

Quote:
BDC_BODY: LUT_FLC_FORWARDLIGHTING_Y: 9C, 9C, 9C
KAFAS: GLAREFREE_HIGHBEAM_ENABLED: 01

No risk in VO coding multiple times.

"F15 (After July 1 2015) - NGHB. Apply to Both FLEs. Step 2 of PDF"
Thanks for the info. I will take a look to see if it all matches later. I checked out the high beams again last night and noticed it to be working. I just can't determine if my lowest variable lights are functioning. After seeing how the high beam assistant works I wish the LEDs were separate individual ones like the mercedes one. Good enough I guess.
Appreciate 0