02-16-2023, 02:44 PM   #133
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCX5 View Post
I now have the OEM M Performance sill plates up front. Once I get and install these, I am happy to share how they compare with the OEM.
So, I finally got mine and seller was super helpful. Here are the main takeaways for me:
1. They came packaged in what looks like an OEM box. But has both front and rear sills, although the box says front two only.

2. Quality is exactly the same as OEM!

3. I had to buy the batteries separately and put them in. The two rear ones were a little tricky since I had no idea where to install them. But seller helped!

4. Unlike the OEM packaging, there are no instructions and there isn’t a plastic film to peel off. So these are clearly not ‘officially’ OEM, but are as good in every way.

Here is how the rear looks…

It was a little tricky to find where to stick the magnets in the rear. I can see why BMW does not sell the rears as an accessory since the magnet sticks out a bit (not noticeable unless you are looking for it, it’s in one of my photos below). The front door the magnets are hidden under the door. I used 3M VHB tape, the ones that come both here and OEM won’t stick on the plastic.

Overall, a nice upgrade. For me I also replaced the front ones since they were scratched up. The original magnets aligned exactly!

I noticed, if you want just the fronts you can get them for around $80 on Aliexpress and for the X6 you can get front and rear a for around $100 shipped. But I have not found anywhere where you can get front and rear for the X5. Also, those don’t come with the OEM box and till today, I have never found anything on Aliexpress that was OEM quality. These early are.

They are easy to scratch. So be careful. That is true for the OEM plates as well. Installation took me 15 minutes. Put the batteries in the sills, use a pry tool to prey the ones in the car. Put these in. Find where the magnets need to go and stick them. My front magnets were already installed by the dealer. For the rears I had to find the right spot where the lights turn on when you open the door and turn off when you close etc.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
jmack1231300.50
      02-16-2023, 04:15 PM   #134
imr3n
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2014

FCX5 can you please share the link where you got these from? they look cool!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2023, 04:37 PM   #135
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by imr3n View Post
FCX5 can you please share the link where you got these from? they look cool!
The seller has a link above. I got it from him. The shipping took around 2 weeks. I agree, they look better in real than the pictures. LOL.

Here is a bad picture of front and rear both lit up
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
jmack1231300.50
sukhk5272168.00
      02-19-2023, 03:08 PM   #136
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep

One clarification. I just noticed that the front plates have the plastic protective layer exactly like the OEM! So what you get here IS OEM quality.
Appreciate 1
SaNGRia986.00
      02-22-2023, 11:07 PM   #137
SaNGRia
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI E93 M3 + F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCX5 View Post
One clarification. I just noticed that the front plates have the plastic protective layer exactly like the OEM! So what you get here IS OEM quality.
Yeap, That is why i put on my website They re OEM to me. Unfortunately manufacturers required at least 500 order to make new batch and i just sold the last one to Canada.

We re very few who owns the OEM rear sills!
, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 1