BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-02-2021, 11:58 AM   #1
gymbmw
Rep
Drives: X5 sdrive 35i

Question about M Sport Conversion

Hello All,

I have a 2018 X5 sdrive and it's the x-line. I just got a new N55 installed and I want to keep the car for a long time but I want to convert the exterior to the M sport version. I noticed on a lot of the aftermarket body kits they say " 14-17" meaning that it will only fit for those years. My x5 looks exactly the same so I am wondering if there will be any fitment issues? It's the f15 model for those years so did they do anything that would mess up the fitment from years 17-18?

Any response would be greatly appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 12:35 PM   #2
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

There's no difference between a 2017 and 2018. You can always check the specific M Sport part #'s on realoem.com between the 2 model years just to be 100% certain, but seems highly unlikely they'd be different.

What sites are you seeing these 'body kits' on? Is this OEM stuff?
Appreciate 1
gymbmw0.00
      08-02-2021, 12:40 PM   #3
gymbmw
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
There's no difference between a 2017 and 2018. You can always check the specific M Sport part #'s on realoem.com between the 2 model years just to be 100% certain, but seems highly unlikely they'd be different.

What sites are you seeing these 'body kits' on? Is this OEM stuff?
I've been searching everywhere for months it seems like. Mostly on Ebay and all aftermarket. I haven't really found any OEM parts that I would want to buy.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 12:55 PM   #4
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymbmw View Post
I've been searching everywhere for months it seems like. Mostly on Ebay and all aftermarket. I haven't really found any OEM parts that I would want to buy.
That's what I figured. Stuff on eBay/aftermarket sellers are notorious for not having accurate info like applicable model years. Since there's no OEM part #'s associated with these, there's no way to truly check, but again if they fit a 2017 they should fit a 2018.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 01:02 PM   #5
gymbmw
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
That's what I figured. Stuff on eBay/aftermarket sellers are notorious for not having accurate info like applicable model years. Since there's no OEM part #'s associated with these, there's no way to truly check, but again if they fit a 2017 they should fit a 2018.
Yeah, I will probably take the plunge here in the next few weeks and just purchase a body kit and hope for the best. Now that I have a new engine in the car and I plan on keeping it for a while I want to make it look like how I want. I also have the DP and CP in hand with the BM3 tune.... So I also just need to wait until I break the engine in. It's all a waiting game at this point.
Appreciate 0