BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

09-19-2015, 01:19 PM   #1
Kewl X5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5

Bavsound has Ghost underseat subwoofer coming soon

Just a FYI, I believe I signed up for info on future info on F15 X5 speaker upgrades. It appears that they are coming out with a Bavsound Ghost Underseat Subwoofer replacement for BMWs with factory underseat subwoofers.

Sounds like it is more efficient, better material 8" subs. Sounds like you can add an amp later if needed.

Just wondering if any else has tried their other Ghost subwoofer systems...
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2015, 04:25 PM   #2
dubsesd
#dubspec
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 X5/ 2016 F80 M3 INDVL

Sounds interesting although I am very satisfied with my Harmon kardon
MPE / M Performance & Carbon package / KW v3 / 20" HRE R101LW / 20" HRE 527s / Michelin PSS / 20% tint / 3d Design / Streckenn splitters / OEM GTS hood / EAS Carbon seatbacks / Carbon RKP sideskirt / Bootmod3 / M Performance Tri color alcantara / AWE S Flow
instagram: @ dubsesd
Appreciate 1
      09-19-2015, 05:00 PM   #3
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, LEX, MBZ, RAM, TESLA

Totally in for this. I was about to make a custom set up in the spare tire area for 2 10"s and an amp and still have space down there for storage!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2015, 09:15 AM   #4
X5Jouster
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50I Msport

my alpine Type-R 12 in the trunk is tight, compact. total cost 550 installed. square box.

i can not believe how low and how hard it hits... i always go for Type-R for bang for buck.

i get way to many compliments, with how cheap the Harmon Kardon and Sub/Amp Cost. Line out converters too...

i would be interested in the underseat subwoofers as well...

i had the earthquakes under my seat in the 2010 335i
      09-21-2015, 11:10 AM   #5
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, LEX, MBZ, RAM, TESLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5Jouster
my alpine Type-R 12 in the trunk is tight, compact. total cost 550 installed. square box.

i can not believe how low and how hard it hits... i always go for Type-R for bang for buck.

i get way to many compliments, with how cheap the Harmon Kardon and Sub/Amp Cost. Line out converters too...

i would be interested in the underseat subwoofers as well...

i had the earthquakes under my seat in the 2010 335i
Mind uploading a pic?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2015, 11:30 AM   #6
jugdish
Private First Class
Rep

I signed up for the "early bird" savings on this setup. I also have a JL audio amped subwoofer setup in the rear. I'm hoping that this upgrade tightens up the mid's a bit. I find the HK system quite muddy in the low end and lacking punch.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2015, 11:55 AM   #7
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubsesd
Sounds interesting although I am very satisfied with my Harmon kardon
Fine for me too ... at the end every system will be competing with road noise, however low it may be.

The stock system is desperate for a BavSound upgrade however.
      09-22-2015, 08:36 AM   #8
rlemek
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 M-sport

WONDER HOS A SUB WOULD WORK W MY B&O sound... Love the system but wish it would get deeper sometimes.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2015, 10:59 AM   #9
X5Jouster
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50I Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlemek View Post
WONDER HOS A SUB WOULD WORK W MY B&O sound... Love the system but wish it would get deeper sometimes.
i had B&O in my Audi S6....it was like a $5,000 option

best sound system ive experience inside/outside, studio, concert,music hall.... all ranges were on point except the bass and low lows.. all i did was line out convert a 12inch sub in the trunk. again. best sound system in the world now for a almost stock option.
for cheap get a Alpine Type R, amp and box, and throw it in the trunk....not too much space but will be perfect in our open cabin.

i have a 12inch with HK and its is perfect for the vehicle. no complaints now. its actually epic haha
      09-22-2015, 07:43 PM   #10
Jalndrs
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F15 35i

Has anyone heard one of these live? The price seems right, but just want to make sure it's a worth while addition. I do not have the HK option so adding a little punch would be nice.
Appreciate 1
MDeeJs24.00
      09-22-2015, 09:42 PM   #11
IndyJer
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F15 MSport

Garage List
'16 F15 XLine  [0.00]
'17 F15 MSport  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalndrs View Post
Has anyone heard one of these live? The price seems right, but just want to make sure it's a worth while addition. I do not have the HK option so adding a little punch would be nice.
HK has no punch. Overall better than standard audio, but my 2011 328 with standard audio had more punch than the X5 with HK.

I ordered the Bav subs, $397 preorder special through 9/25. Ship in late November.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2015, 10:02 AM   #12
Influence
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M, 2016 X5 35i

Does the F15 already have under-seat subs?

Waiting on delivery of my 2016 and this is pretty tempting. Getting the HK system, but all the new BMWs seem to be weak on bass/mid-bass.

Nothing like the Logic 7 system on my 2008 335i, which I believe has two underseat woofers.

Just wondering how easy of an install this will be. Also, the bavsound site doesn't mention if this package includes a separate amp or if you tap off of the existing under-seat wiring. Hence my question about the existing system already having under seat woofers.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2015, 10:08 AM   #13
IndyJer
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
'16 F15 XLine  [0.00]
'17 F15 MSport  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
Waiting on delivery of my 2016 and this is pretty tempting. Getting the HK system, but all the new BMWs seem to be weak on bass/mid-bass.

Nothing like the Logic 7 system on my 2008 335i, which I believe has two underseat woofers.

Just wondering how easy of an install this will be. Also, the bavsound site doesn't mention if this package includes a separate amp or if you tap off of the existing under-seat wiring. Hence my question about the existing system already having under seat woofers.
I had an email exchange with BAV before I placed my order. The HK system has 2 under-seat subs and the BAV kit just replaces them. There is no amp (hence the low price). You just remove the factory speakers and install the BAV ones. He said the install was very easy and requires minimal tools.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2015, 03:54 PM   #14
jugdish
Private First Class
Rep

Without seeing them, I'm guessing that they will provide more "punch" then the current woofers, even the HK system. I Just feel that the low end on the HK is muddy and not well controlled. Adding a dedicated sub with an amp really made a huge difference in the low end, but I can't wait to install these to see if it helps a bit with the mids....
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 06:47 AM   #15
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewl X5 View Post
Just a FYI, I believe I signed up for info on future info on F15 X5 speaker upgrades. It appears that they are coming out with a Bavsound Ghost Underseat Subwoofer replacement for BMWs with factory underseat subwoofers.

Sounds like it is more efficient, better material 8" subs. Sounds like you can add an amp later if needed.

Is this the Chairman?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 07:42 PM   #16
Kewl X5
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewl X5 View Post

Is this the Chairman?
Yup, the one and only!!
Appreciate 1
      09-24-2015, 08:23 PM   #17
IndyJer
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
'16 F15 XLine  [0.00]
'17 F15 MSport  [0.00]
Here is info from BAV on the underseat subs...

Is my BMW compatible?

If you have a 2007 or later model year BMW (except E63/E64 6 Series vehicles), yes, your BMW is compatible, regardless of series or audio system types (we have a version for all vehicles after 2007).

If you have a 2002 or earlier model year BMW, your BMW is NOT compatible. These underseat woofers didn't exist in any BMW before 2002.

If you have a 2002-2007 model year BMW, ONLY the following vehicles are compatible:
2006+ E90/E91 3 Series Sedan/Wagon
2007+ E92/E93 3 Series Convertible
2004+ E60 5 Series
2002+ E65 7 Series
2004+ E83 X3

Here are its key features:

Jaw-dropping bass response -- Dramatically increases the amount and quality of bass so every aspect of your listening experience is enhanced.

Not only do you get more bass, but you also get more impact and tighter, more controlled bass response, so your music can truly come to life.

We've achieved this through three key technologies: lightweight poly cone, oversized 40mm neodymium magnet, and a massive 50mm voice coil.

100% Plug & Play -- installs and fits just like your factory BMW woofers, right down to the bolts and factory style plug.

Simple, Do-It-Yourself Installation -- takes less than 1 hour and only basic tools, even for a total novice. No complex wiring or additional hardware or installation is required. Simply unbolt your front seats, remove the woofer covers, unbolt your factory woofers, and install ours. That's it!

But if you don't want to do it yourself, one of our Authorized Dealers can perform the installation for you (however, you'll need to purchase the Ghost Underseat Subwoofer Upgrade directly through them at the time of their full release).

Super Tight, Punchy Midbass -- your factory underseat woofers aren't just subwoofers; they're midbass drivers. That means they play not just the lowest frequencies, but also "punchy" midbass frequencies like snare drums and high bass guitar notes.

Unlike our woofers, which are designed to outperform the factory woofers for both subwoofer and midbass frequencies, other underseat subwoofer upgrades on the market are only capable of playing sub frequencies, not midbass, so you miss a huge portion of the frequency range.

Perfectly matched to our legendary Stage One Speaker Upgrade Kit -- Amazing bass response can transform your listening experience, but if you want the absolute best, overall sound quality and clarity matters too.

That's why we engineered the Ghost Underseat Subwoofer Upgrade to perfectly and seamless match our legendary Stage One Speaker Upgrade Kit.

Factory matched impedance -- Depending on your audio system, your factory BMW woofers come in 2, 4, or 7 Ohm impedance. Our woofers are matched to the impedance of your factory woofers (we have different versions for each) to maximize performance and ensure the longevity of your factory amplifier.

Extremely efficient design & power utilization -- We utilize your factory amplifier to generate amazing bass response in your BMW. To do so, we've designed our woofers using technologies like oversized neodymium magnets and lightweight poly cone to maximize every watt of power they generate and translate that into raw output.

That means amazing bass response without replacing your amplifier.

Upgradable design with 100W RMS / 200W Peak Power Handling Per Woofer -- Even though our woofers are designed to be extremely efficient to maximize the output of your factory amplifier, they're also built for upgradability, you can power them with an aftermarket amplifier of your choice up to 100W per channel.

Translation? If you'd like to melt your face off with even more absurd quantities of bass, you can -- just add an amp.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2015, 02:39 PM   #18
nyquistcondition
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: None

Just got an email indicating there are available for advance order now. If ordered before Oct 22 you get $100 off, just use order code GHOSTPO. Delivery is by end of November. I pulled the trigger and hope it is worth it.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2015, 10:27 AM   #19
nyquistcondition
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: None

Looks like mine is scheduled to ship December 11th.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2015, 02:08 PM   #20
Mexecutioner
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 xDrive35i

Ordered a pair just today, scheduled for Dec. 18th delivery. Seems there is nothing to lose and if I can improve the bass response it is worth it IMHO.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2015, 06:15 PM   #21
jugdish
Private First Class
Rep

I wish they'd come out with a full speaker swap setup for the F15. I really don't like how harsh the tweeters sound on the HK system
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2015, 05:16 AM   #22
charlietangobravo
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 M50d

Keen to hear peoples verdict on the Ghost underseat subs. Especially if you already have the B&O system. Feels strange to replace something from that system with relatively cheap parts. But I definitely feel the bass needs something more on the B&O.
Appreciate 0