09-24-2015, 02:16 AM   #23
FamilyMan
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90325M
What a fast delivery! Which state do you live?
I know, it's crazy how quickly it came in.

I live in Illinois (suburbs of Chicago).
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 05:39 AM   #24
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
Drove the new X5 home and it was awesome!!

The ride was smooth and the handling was very responsive. I had the MPPK installed so I'm not sure what the stock feels like but this had no turbo lag at all.

I kept it under 4k rpms but it certainly took all the self-control I could muster!

My previous BMWs didn't have the electric steering so that will take some getting used to. I didn't think it was as bad as I've read but I could see why some don't like it. Personally I think it's good for lower speeds and will have to see how it behaves at higher speeds before really being able to render judgement.

Also the paddle shifters are sweet!! The shifts are imperceptible and lightening quick (just like all the reviews have stated).

I've had a lot of help on this journey and I just wanted to take a moment to say thanks to the following:

42pilot
AlanL
Blackhawks
Doanster
Kzang
twelve535i

You guys have either helped me with a specific question or I've read your responses in threads and learned something valuable.

This is a great community and I hope all members are able to get answers to their specific scenarios as well as make connections and ultimately help others with their problems /or needs.

Thanks again!!
Thanks for the mention! I'm sure once you start to understand our X5 more you will be able to provide valuable information to others as well!
Do you have any plans for mods?
Also don't forget to check the secret compartment for your cargo net

Enjoy in good health..
      09-24-2015, 06:35 AM   #25
FamilyMan
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzang
Quote:
Drove the new X5 home and it was awesome!!

The ride was smooth and the handling was very responsive. I had the MPPK installed so I'm not sure what the stock feels like but this had no turbo lag at all.

I kept it under 4k rpms but it certainly took all the self-control I could muster!

My previous BMWs didn't have the electric steering so that will take some getting used to. I didn't think it was as bad as I've read but I could see why some don't like it. Personally I think it's good for lower speeds and will have to see how it behaves at higher speeds before really being able to render judgement.

Also the paddle shifters are sweet!! The shifts are imperceptible and lightening quick (just like all the reviews have stated).

I've had a lot of help on this journey and I just wanted to take a moment to say thanks to the following:

42pilot
AlanL
Blackhawks
Doanster
Kzang
twelve535i

You guys have either helped me with a specific question or I've read your responses in threads and learned something valuable.

This is a great community and I hope all members are able to get answers to their specific scenarios as well as make connections and ultimately help others with their problems /or needs.

Thanks again!!
Thanks for the mention! I'm sure once you start to understand our X5 more you will be able to provide valuable information to others as well!
Do you have any plans for mods?
Also don't forget to check the secret compartment for your cargo net

Enjoy in good health..
Yup, I found the hidden cargo net last night - one of the first things I checked last night

I had the MPPK installed and will get Xpel clear bra and front window tints on Monday. I might have to swap out the subs and speakers cuz I'm not super happy with the HK - may have to play with the equalizer a bit.

But no, no real mods planned. My wife would kill me if I went crazy on mods. I spent a small amount of coin on my VW GTI and I don't think I'll try to push it in the X5. We'll see...

I renewed my BMW CCA membership so I think I'll do some events and drives with them and just enjoy the drive.

The 19" wheels/tires seem very comfortable and surprisingly much quieter than what I was expecting.

Maybe 22's is the future....
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 07:36 AM   #26
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Congrats again.

FYI my 22"s on non run flats rides better than my stock 20"s RFTs. The only time I notice the 22"s is when I'm driving over a continuous stretch of just bad broken pavement roads in which i slow the hell down for lol

Make sure you check the power gauge meter on the nav to check your MPPK installed correctly. The HP and TQ peak numbers should say 400/400. I believe without MPPK it says 320/320.

Enjoy the new car and let the modding begin!

Alan
      09-24-2015, 10:58 AM   #27
Blackhawks
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 x35i

@FamilyMan ... Let me know next time you're in the city. I wasn't happy with the HK until I upgraded fronts with Focal components and have a great resource at ABT to buy them from. I've gone all out on every car I've owned and I'm pleasantly surprised with the just the component swap, dynamat on front doors and EQ settings. I'd be more than happy to have you take a listen.

I learned all this the hard way and want to help anybody the best I can.

Congrats on the purchase!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 12:37 PM   #28
Doanster
Major
Rep
Drives: 2014 F15 Carbon Black M-Sport

Congrats and enjoy the ride!
      09-24-2015, 12:46 PM   #29
FamilyMan
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l.
Congrats again.

FYI my 22"s on non run flats rides better than my stock 20"s RFTs. The only time I notice the 22"s is when I'm driving over a continuous stretch of just bad broken pavement roads in which i slow the hell down for lol

Make sure you check the power gauge meter on the nav to check your MPPK installed correctly. The HP and TQ peak numbers should say 400/400. I believe without MPPK it says 320/320.

Enjoy the new car and let the modding begin!

Alan
Yeah, I'll have to really do some convincing to get the 22". Man, they look really sweet. Glad to hear they ride well too.

Oh and yes, I confirmed the 400/400. Thanks! I read good reviews on Patrick BMW's service dept but I made sure that the sport gauges were changed.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 12:49 PM   #30
FamilyMan
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawks
@FamilyMan ... Let me know next time you're in the city. I wasn't happy with the HK until I upgraded fronts with Focal components and have a great resource at ABT to buy them from. I've gone all out on every car I've owned and I'm pleasantly surprised with the just the component swap, dynamat on front doors and EQ settings. I'd be more than happy to have you take a listen.

I learned all this the hard way and want to help anybody the best I can.

Congrats on the purchase!
Thanks dude!

I like how Focals sound... I think that's a great idea.

I live west of Randall road so the city is about 50miles from my place and we rarely get out there much.

Though we were just at ZBB concert at Wrigley Field a few weeks ago.

When I'm ready to do something I'll definitely hit you up.

Thanks for the offer!!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 12:51 PM   #31
hamh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 MSport + VW GTI

Quote:
Yeah, I'll have to really do some convincing to get the 22". Man, they look really sweet. Glad to hear they ride well too.

Oh and yes, I confirmed the 400/400. Thanks! I read good reviews on Patrick BMW's service dept but I made sure that the sport gauges were changed.
Congrats! I'm surprise yours come in even a few days faster than the one I ordered from Elmhurst.

anyway, enjoy your ride and see if you can join the driving event that Blackhawks posted earlier
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 01:04 PM   #32
FamilyMan
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamh
Quote:

Congrats! I'm surprise yours come in even a few days faster than the one I ordered from Elmhurst.

anyway, enjoy your ride and see if you can join the driving event that Blackhawks posted earlier
Yeah I think they were able to get me a vehicle that was already in the production cycle that had some of my options. I got very lucky!

What driving event are you referring to?

Windy City BMW CCA? If so their deadline was 9/20 and I wasn't sure if I'd have the car by the time they went on their Fall Drive.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 01:09 PM   #33
hamh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 MSport + VW GTI

check this thread http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1174773

I also registered the same time as Blackhawk, we can do a mini meetup there
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 01:14 PM   #34
FamilyMan
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamh
check this thread http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1174773

I also registered the same time as Blackhawk, we can do a mini meetup there
Ah gotcha!! This looks like a lot of fun!!

Let me check my family calendar.

Thanks man!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 09:25 PM   #35
twelve535i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i M Sport

Thanks for the mention! This forum is a great resource for quick answers and mod ideas.

It won't be long before you stare at pictures of modded cars here, then at own car and wonder why your car is still stock. Ha ha It's happens to me all the time
I'm sure you're going to love the X5.
Appreciate 0