BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-25-2015, 07:18 AM   #1
NorthEastX5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 F15 3.0d M-Sport / 435i F36

3rd Row Seat boot liner option

I’ve seen a few posts on here asking about boot mat/liner options for those of us with the 3rd row seating option.

the F15 boot liner “accessory” is very nice but also not very flexible (fairly thick rubber/plastic) so you would really have to remove it ahead of time if for some reason you expected to be using the 3rd row seats whilst you were out and about if you didnt and left it in you’d have no where to store it as its a fairly chunky bit of kit.

i read some posts that suggested buying the old style E70 reversible mat that is essentially carpeted on one side and anti-slip rubber on the reverse as one possible solution. In the UK at least this mat is half the price of the current new style F15 boot liner and retails at about £60 vs £120

anyway…i figured i’d give it a go so ordered it.

so how does it fit and look? well I’m very pleased.

Fits great and the neat thing is because it is essentially a “double sided” carpet role it folds/rolls/bends easily so if you do need to put the 3rd row seats up temporarily whilst out you can leave it in place and simply bend it back on itself.

One thing to note is that this E70 mat is basically two full size liners joined together. the additional section is I think designed to be folded into the passenger compartment if you ever have the 2nd row seats fully flat not something i do often but quite good idea all the same. one option i’m considering is neatly cutting the two sections apart and keep the other as a “spare” but for now i’ve left it in the car folder underneath the other section

some pics attached to show how this looks in my F15 with 3rd row seats. the part number for this E70 mat was 51 47 0 416 678

i admit this solution is not perfect but its the best compromise i could find as I wanted a mat in the boot that could stay in there all the time but also be flexible enough to fold back if i need to carry additional passengers (mostly the kids friends) on an ad hoc basis.
Attached Images

Last edited by NorthEastX5; 09-25-2015 at 07:24 AM..
Appreciate 0