09-14-2015, 10:58 PM   #1
CrEsT
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: X5 F15

New X5 order in Australia

Hey folks,

I'm thinking about upgrading our 2012 X3 and placing a BTO X5 30d with the following options:
  • Metallic paint (white, flat black or carbon black; still to decide)
  • M Sport
  • Individual interior amaro brown
  • Sunroof
  • Harman Kardon sound
  • Heated front seats
  • Sun protection glazing
  • Piano black trim
  • Lane change warning
  • Driving assistance plus
  • Connected Drive Freedom

I was going to add the full M Performance pack but was quoted $12,000 Aussie dollars RRP... true story.

1) Can you confirm that Amaro brown is available with M Sport? My sales guy says yes, but another BMW source says no.
2) Is there a big difference in quality between dakota terra and amaro? Is it much more difficult to look after? I'll have 2 kids in the back.
3) The panoramic sunroof in our X3 cracks a lot... is this the same in the current X5?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2015, 07:29 AM   #2
Cost a lot
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 30d Msport 2015 F15

Hello, I ordered a X5F15 30d MSport, Alpine white, Amercian trim, 469 20" wheels. DAB radio, connect drive, Pan. Sunroof, black interior leather, July 2015. New baby car!
Had many X5's & BMW's in family, no issues with cracking sunroof. You must be unlucky. Paint, your choice, they all are good, interior (sorry can't help there), Sunroof - a must on a $100K plus car, standard sound system is very good, (however if your into music get the upgrade. I did on my last car and wife loved it), heated seats (yes, south of QLD), sun protection - yes if park out side a lot, and tint windows, trim - what you like, its your car, lane change - yes, driving assist - yes.
Give the M performance pack a miss - its a rip off in my book, stick on carbon fiber parts, all look no go! You are better buying those bits after market yourself. I really wanted the Mperformance brake package, however at $6,300 + $1,000 fitting, was not going to happen. So I did the brake upgrade myself and its awesome. (I have a new set of blue BMW brake callipers & rotors F15 X5 if your interested, just MP me). Upgrade to 20", 21" are to harsh for our bad roads. Get window tinting and interior leather protection as you have kids. Sorry, M sport is a must. The list is endless, however the digital instrument cluster and leather dash & door trims is super cool. Are you thinking 30d, 40d, 50d or 2.5d or other?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-15-2015, 08:02 AM   #3
wearenh
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 x5 x35i DHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cost a lot View Post
Hello, I ordered a X5F15 30d MSport, Alpine white, American trim, 469 20" wheels. DAB radio, connect drive, Pan. Sunroof, ...

1. in the US, the sunroof is standard, I'm surprised they kept it optional for ROW as that would
require having two different main body stampings

2. I'm very curious about what is included in "American trim"... please elaborate!

Appreciate 0
      09-15-2015, 05:28 PM   #4
CrEsT
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cost a lot View Post
Hello, I ordered a X5F15 30d MSport, Alpine white, Amercian trim, 469 20" wheels. DAB radio, connect drive, Pan. Sunroof, black interior leather, July 2015. New baby car!
Had many X5's & BMW's in family, no issues with cracking sunroof. You must be unlucky. Paint, your choice, they all are good, interior (sorry can't help there), Sunroof - a must on a $100K plus car, standard sound system is very good, (however if your into music get the upgrade. I did on my last car and wife loved it), heated seats (yes, south of QLD), sun protection - yes if park out side a lot, and tint windows, trim - what you like, its your car, lane change - yes, driving assist - yes.
Give the M performance pack a miss - its a rip off in my book, stick on carbon fiber parts, all look no go! You are better buying those bits after market yourself. I really wanted the Mperformance brake package, however at $6,300 + $1,000 fitting, was not going to happen. So I did the brake upgrade myself and its awesome. (I have a new set of blue BMW brake callipers & rotors F15 X5 if your interested, just MP me). Upgrade to 20", 21" are to harsh for our bad roads. Get window tinting and interior leather protection as you have kids. Sorry, M sport is a must. The list is endless, however the digital instrument cluster and leather dash & door trims is super cool. Are you thinking 30d, 40d, 50d or 2.5d or other?
Did you get the digital instrument cluster? I think it looks really cool too... do you know how much it retails for?

I'm thinking 30d.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2015, 07:30 AM   #5
Cost a lot
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 30d Msport 2015 F15

No digital instrument cluster in my car. However father in law ordered in his car,(M50d) its awesome. If you have the funds get it, super cool. Its about $800 inc. Luxury car tax.

Sorry, the 'American Oak, refers to timber trim on dash, doors'. Wow standard sun roof, its a $3,700Aus. option in Australia. A lot of X5's come into country without it.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2015, 07:46 AM   #6
CrEsT
Private
Australia
Rep

Is it really just $800? wow I thought it was going to be in the thousands!
Appreciate 0