BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-26-2015, 05:13 PM   #1
solrac6262
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw X5

Hello guys,

Yesterday night I was on my way home around 2am, I was driving in a 2 lane highway I was on the right lane, ahead of me some cars entering the highway, on my left I had some vehicles as I am approaching one car merges but the next one didn't because my left lane was occupied and I couldn't moved, a few miles a head this Red Necks on a white toyota tundra decided to throw a bottle at me and run. as I started following them I called 911 ( IRVING TX) took forever for the dispatch to answer the call.. "maybe midnight brake".. as I'm following this guys they decided to enter the DFW airport, then I get transferred to the airport Police, before the terminals we have some U turns to get you out of the airport, the truck stops at the U turn and two guys and the passenger jump out of the truck and start running towards me, as I am backing up at full speed one guy mimics like if he is pulling a gun from his waiste and pointed at me.. by that time they jump again at the car and same thing I'm following them, now the DFWPD dispatch keeps telling me not to follow them and then I jump in to another city and there it goes again she transfers the call again..
I decided to stop following those fu...ers, I told the first lady the license plates I called back asking her for the license plate and she spell me some plate letters but I think a wrong letter, anyways if I have the plates just need to make sure of course, PD they won't release information on the license plates, but what can I do, thank God they just ding my door..
      09-26-2015, 05:46 PM   #2
Blackhawks
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 x35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by solrac6262
Hello guys,

Yesterday night I was on my way home around 2am, I was driving in a 2 lane highway I was on the right lane, ahead of me some cars entering the highway, on my left I had some vehicles as I am approaching one car merges but the next one didn't because my left lane was occupied and I couldn't moved, a few miles a head this Red Necks on a white toyota tundra decided to throw a bottle at me and run. as I started following them I called 911 ( IRVING TX) took forever for the dispatch to answer the call.. "maybe midnight brake".. as I'm following this guys they decided to enter the DFW airport, then I get transferred to the airport Police, before the terminals we have some U turns to get you out of the airport, the truck stops at the U turn and two guys and the passenger jump out of the truck and start running towards me, as I am backing up at full speed one guy mimics like if he is pulling a gun from his waiste and pointed at me.. by that time they jump again at the car and same thing I'm following them, now the DFWPD dispatch keeps telling me not to follow them and then I jump in to another city and there it goes again she transfers the call again..
I decided to stop following those fu...ers, I told the first lady the license plates I called back asking her for the license plate and she gives me some plates but I think a wrong letter, anyways if I have the plates just need to make sure of course PD they won't release information on the license plates, but what can I do, thank God they just ding my door..
Wow. I'd have a really hard time not flooring it when they started charging. Kudos to your self control.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2015, 08:42 PM   #3
patrobX5
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 Volvo XC90 T8

Wow scary!

I strongly suggest installing a dash cam!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2015, 08:43 PM   #4
solrac6262
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrobX5
Wow scary!

I strongly suggest installing a dash cam!!!
Thats a great idea
      09-26-2015, 10:08 PM   #5
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

@solrac6262 , wow, glad you are ok and kept your cool.
I got an incident with a biker who just riding like a mf. He gave me a finger etc, I was about to just floor it to him.
But then, my wife cool me down and I remember that I have a dashcam, so it wouldn't funny since I have a proof of myself running down someone.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2015, 02:51 AM   #6
kip1
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5M50d

Good you are ok, dash cam. Otherwise its a 2 against 1 situation.
Appreciate 0