BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-26-2015, 07:25 PM   #1
vangoose
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 Porsche Cayenne

New Canadian X6 with 2VP (part of DHP)

Long story short, got an 2015 X6 in May, but it was mis-built. After months back and force with BMW Canada, they agreed to replace it with a 2016 one and allocated a slot for September.

Today, I took delivery of the new car. My old X6 just has stock suspension but it drives like a Lexus, steering is too light even in Sport Mode, it dances on highway and makes me nervous in turn.

For the new one, I decided to add 2VP (Adaptive Suspension Dynamic) option, it adds active stability bar and torque vector. Today I took delivery of the new car, to my surprise, with 2VP, the steering feels so much better, very close to my previous E70 which is hydraulic. I was debating to add Active Steering but now I'm glad I didn't. In high speed turn, there is no body roll and you can feel torque vector is doing its magic. The car feels so much live and it's what BMW should be.

I haven't got a chance to test one with M sport suspension but 2VP completely transforms the car without it to a true BMW. Best option on X5/X6 if you value how the car drives.

BTW. I also changed color from red to mineral white with Coral red interior.
Attached Images

Last edited by vangoose; 09-26-2015 at 08:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2015, 08:37 PM   #2
F15GorDe
Well versed in the care and feeding of BMWs
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15d, F10

Nice! It's really impressive how simple, but pricey, upgrades change the driving characteristics so profoundly. I know you're going to enjoy the upgrade.