10-03-2014, 05:35 AM   #111
Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jz View Post
would you mind posting a video or some pics of how the European taillights blink? I'm curious as to see what the differences are
Hi. Do you still want the euro taillights?
Let me know and I'll take some shots.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 08:11 AM   #112
parm
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 M50d

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdimagineer View Post
Parm, quick pic for you. More coming soon after they're edited.
Cheers wdimagineer, apologies for not responding sooner I haven't been too active on the forum recently. Look awesome

Last edited by parm; 10-03-2014 at 08:13 AM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 05:30 AM   #113
Ragtag
Romania
Rep
Drives: X5 M5.0d

I quick question for those that have the rear diffuser on the car,is space between the carbon part and the bumper?on the corners or under?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2014, 06:13 PM   #114
trojanlee
Rep
Drives: F15

another quick question regarding the m performance front splitter. I was wondering how much lower does it sit. Do i have to worry about the lip when parking the car over curbs and such.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2014, 07:16 AM   #115
millz
Rep
Drives: 2015 - x5 35d

Hey,

I recently purchased my X5 -M Sport (35D) - the delivery date is next week, my dealer has asked if I want to do an extra tint on the windows to make them any darker, did you do any extra tint if so do you guys remember the levels? or is it just safe not to get any extra tint on them?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2014, 07:32 AM   #116
atomic80
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 997TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by millz View Post
Hey,

I recently purchased my X5 -M Sport (35D) - the delivery date is next week, my dealer has asked if I want to do an extra tint on the windows to make them any darker, did you do any extra tint if so do you guys remember the levels? or is it just safe not to get any extra tint on them?
Mine is 20% which isn't exactly legal here either. 35% is the legal limit here in WA. 20% in the front sides was chosen so it'd match the factory tinted windows.
BMW X5 by atomic80, on Flickr
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2014, 10:18 AM   #117
Wardman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F15 X5d

Like the 20% - taking mine in Monday to get it done. The rears are fairly dark IMO.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2014, 07:33 PM   #118
millz
Rep
Drives: 2015 - x5 35d

Hey,

What tires does the BMW x5 35d - M-Package come with? I'm picking up my vehicle this weekend I went by the dealer today to take a sneak peak and I noticed the tires are DUNLOP - I'm wondering if everyone has gotten the same thing or something different?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2014, 08:25 PM   #119
LatinBimmer
Lieutenant
Peru
Rep
Drives: X5 2014 Sparkling Brown

Quote:
It's standard. Under Vehicle Info in iDrive.
I have to tell you no...that's not standard since I don't have that option in my small 6.5 inch screen

Maybe when I retrofit the 10" inch screen I'll find that option or is this coding-able?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 01:35 PM   #120
M3V8X5V8
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 + F15 X5 50i

Garage List
Almost twins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jz View Post
would you mind posting a video or some pics of how the European taillights blink? I'm curious as to see what the differences are

I see you have a 3er and Xer in space grey! Same with me. I have an 09 E92 M3 and a 2014 50i

Enjoy them as I'm sure you do
      10-25-2016, 07:51 AM   #121
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

Quote:
I did. Footrest was simple, as was the brake pedal. The accelerator pedal requires some drilling but isn't anything too complicated.
i have a new oem set sitting in my garage waiting to be installed. did you remove the old dead pedal or did you install the new m-performance applique over the previous m dead pedal?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2021, 03:17 PM   #122
nate670
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 F15 50i

Got my CF Mirror Caps installed today, pops in the sun.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      03-31-2021, 03:50 PM   #123
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate670 View Post
Got my CF Mirror Caps installed today, pops in the sun.
I'll post some pictures when I can, but here where I am at with my M-Performance upgrades my my 2018 Space Grey M50i

1. M-Performance floor mats, stem covers and license plate holders (easy stuff)
2. M-Performance brakes (big difference)

Ordered the following with my dealer, should be done in 2 weeks (just cosmetics)

3.M-Performance front splitter (carbon)
4.M-Performance rear spoiler (carbon), rear diffuser does not work with trailer hitch and I have that on mine.
5. M-Performance mirror caps (carbon)
6. M-Performance interior kit (carbon), replaces my piano black trim on dashboard and doors, but I'll leave it in the center stack
7. M-Performance shifter (carbon)

Under consideration - M-Performance exhaust (I need it to be close to stock level sound in Comfort mode) and M-Performance steering (not sure how much I will miss heated steering).

Other non M-Perf upgrades,

8. Recently upgraded my B&O non-center speakers with Focal Inside (noticeable improvement).

Also replaced my M-Sport dead pedal with the M-Performance version. Mine was scratched up, so the upgrade looks both nice and matches the M-P floor mats.

Strange as it may seem, The M-Performance CF trim would go well with the black Dakota leather, which has a more sporty look than the Merino leather on mine. O, we'll…
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2021, 09:51 PM   #124
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaffrey View Post
I'll post some pictures when I can, but here where I am at with my M-Performance upgrades my my 2018 Space Grey M50i

Ordered the following with my dealer, should be done in 2 weeks (just cosmetics)

4.M-Performance rear spoiler (carbon), rear diffuser does not work with trailer hitch and I have that on mine.
6. M-Performance interior kit (carbon), replaces my piano black trim on dashboard and doors, but I'll leave it in the center stack

Under consideration - M-Performance exhaust (I need it to be close to stock level sound in Comfort mode) and M-Performance steering (not sure how much I will miss heated steering).

8. Recently upgraded my B&O non-center speakers with Focal Inside (noticeable improvement).

Also replaced my M-Sport dead pedal with the M-Performance version. Mine was scratched up, so the upgrade looks both nice and matches the M-P floor mats.

Strange as it may seem, The M-Performance CF trim would go well with the black Dakota leather, which has a more sporty look than the Merino leather on mine. O, we'll…
Great list of upgrades. If you're taking it to this level, why not buy the X5M knee pads? Huge upgrade, and looks great paired with the M Performance CF interior trim. Even Piano Black trim on the center console will not compare to the leather X5M knee pads. Not to mention 2017/2018 knee pads have the contrast stitching to match the seats... it looks awesome.

You mention ///M Performance exhaust, but you have a 50i right? MPE is for 35i only.
Appreciate 2
P111541.50
      04-01-2021, 04:19 AM   #125
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaffrey View Post

Great list of upgrades. If you're taking it to this level, why not buy the X5M knee pads? Huge upgrade, and looks great paired with the M Performance CF interior trim. Even Piano Black trim on the center console will not compare to the leather X5M knee pads. Not to mention 2017/2018 knee pads have the contrast stitching to match the seats... it looks awesome.

You mention ///M Performance exhaust, but you have a 50i right? MPE is for 35i only.
Yeah. I guess the M P exhaust is out. It showed up as fits my 50i on BMW site, but reading the document it looks like it is out.

Also, I don't think the dealer will do the X5 knee pads - I considered it. The one issue, is that mine is with the brown individual merino leather that wasn't available on the X5. But I definitely thought about the X5 knee pad. LOL.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2021, 09:46 AM   #126
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCX5 View Post
Yeah. I guess the M P exhaust is out. It showed up as fits my 50i on BMW site, but reading the document it looks like it is out.

Also, I don't think the dealer will do the X5 knee pads - I considered it. The one issue, is that mine is with the brown individual merino leather that wasn't available on the X5. But I definitely thought about the X5 knee pad. LOL.
If you are interested, Ben at RG Sport sells the knee pads (I don't even know if the dealer sources them?), and he provided a nice DIY, all in this thread -

https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1274031

I believe classic_erik did black knee pads with the mocha kappa, turned out looking great. There's some pics somewhere in the above thread I think, or maybe in the 'Random X5 shot of the day' thread.

Have fun w/ the build out!
Appreciate 1
FCX52352.00
      04-01-2021, 01:02 PM   #127
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
If you are interested, Ben at RG Sport sells the knee pads (I don't even know if the dealer sources them?), and he provided a nice DIY, all in this thread -

https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1274031

I believe classic_erik did black knee pads with the mocha kappa, turned out looking great. There's some pics somewhere in the above thread I think, or maybe in the 'Random X5 shot of the day' thread.

Have fun w/ the build out!
Just sent him a PM. My friend also wants this on his X5. LOL. Thanks so much for pointing this out. Sad to see the $1,000 piano black individual trim go out the window! At least for the B&O, I have the center speaker still there...
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2021, 05:24 PM   #128
glassjaw800
Registered
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 2016 F15 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCX5 View Post
Just sent him a PM. My friend also wants this on his X5. LOL. Thanks so much for pointing this out. Sad to see the $1,000 piano black individual trim go out the window! At least for the B&O, I have the center speaker still there...
The knee pads are absolutely worth the effort. Must do IMO.

Highly recommend going aftermarket for the exhaust in the 50i. I originally wanted Hamann, but went with SuperSprint in the end. They OEM for Hamann. The sound! 😍

My 2016 50i is still a work in progress, but similar to you I’ve done the following so far...

M Performance carbon front splitter
M Performance carbon rear spoiler + wings
M Performance side decals
M Performance carbon mirror caps
M Performance carbon interior
M Performance carbon shifter
M Performance alcantara steering wheel
X6 Knee Pads
M Performance floor mats
Powder coated black rims
ESS Stage 1 tune
SuperSprint quad pipe racing exhaust
Bimmertech CarPlay retrofit

To come:
Eibach’s and 15mm spacers
6 pot front calipers and drilled rotors from F85
4 pot rear calipers and drilled rotors from Tronik
xHP Stage 3
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2021, 08:13 PM   #129
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassjaw800 View Post
The knee pads are absolutely worth the effort. Must do IMO.

Highly recommend going aftermarket for the exhaust in the 50i. I originally wanted Hamann, but went with SuperSprint in the end. They OEM for Hamann. The sound! 😍

My 2016 50i is still a work in progress, but similar to you I’ve done the following so far...

M Performance carbon front splitter
M Performance carbon rear spoiler + wings
M Performance side decals
M Performance carbon mirror caps
M Performance carbon interior
M Performance carbon shifter
M Performance alcantara steering wheel
X6 Knee Pads
M Performance floor mats
Powder coated black rims
ESS Stage 1 tune
SuperSprint quad pipe racing exhaust
Bimmertech CarPlay retrofit

To come:
Eibach’s and 15mm spacers
6 pot front calipers and drilled rotors from F85
4 pot rear calipers and drilled rotors from Tronik
xHP Stage 3
Amazing! Hopefully I can get there at some point. I just got the M Performance brakes, but your set up looks much better! Thanks for the after-market exhaust idea. I am hoping to get the interior done next week. How do you feel about the M-Performance steering wheel?
Appreciate 0