BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-29-2015, 12:33 AM   #23
42pilot
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35d MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayTookies View Post
Thanks, where do you buy the Stanadyne from?, did you find a place that sells it cheaper then on amazon? I looked at walmart and could not find it.
AutoZone
      11-29-2015, 06:53 AM   #24
Shaw
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35d | 2019 X3 30i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42pilot View Post
Who isn't. Are you drawing a parallel with BMW or are you implying BMW is doing the same?
I mean that currently all 2016 x5 diesel production is put on hold due to this charade...just saying if you were thinking of getting a 2016, unless you are getting a 2015, that's possible...I heard from our dealer that although they might accept orders in the States, but the delivery is still indefinite. Who wouldn't want deposits?!
Government has stopped the release of all diesel deliveries until they get to the bottom of this...not sure.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 08:30 PM   #25
motex
2020 Mineral White 30d MSport
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: 2020 Mineral White 30d MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillK View Post
Long time BMW owner here, but never owned a diesel. The spousal unit and I placed an order for a diesel model and I had a few questions. 1)Is there something that prevents one from using a standard gasoline nozzle in the diesel? I'm a little worried about the wife since she's never had a diesel, might forget and put regular gas.
2) Are there any additives that need to be used to help cold starts, or enhance the fuel? Thanks for any help.
Here in Costa Rica 99% of all X5 and X6's are Diesel (30d only) I have some experience since I already had one, there is a great product to use in order to treat the new ULSD Diesel (ultra low sulfur diesel), it is called Diesel Kleen, made by Power Service in Texas. (http://powerservice.com/psp_product/...n-cetane-boost)
I sell this product down here in Costa Rica and works great, one of the issues of the ULSD Diesel is the lack of combustion power and also the lack of lubrication, it is a pretty cheap product, also is the #1 selling diesel aditive in the USA, so you are in good hands, I'm waiting for my 2nd Diesel car, and will use this product since day one for sure.