BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-30-2015, 10:58 PM   #1937
ttalone
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 5.0 M-Sport

"Unlock when Engine Stop": Coding Option Not Showing Up?

I have coded several of the standard 'options' successfully, NP. The one I cannot get to 'code' is "Unlock when Engine Stop". I follow the steps, but when I get to edit step, changing nicht_aktiv to aktiv for vam_unlock_kl15off_after_pia_auto_lock in BDC_BODY, the aktiv option / value is not not showing up. I only get nicht_aktiv in the drop-down list. Any thoughts or ideas for how to fix / get around? Or have you seen this before, anyone? TY!
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2015, 11:13 PM   #1938
izelfon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 3.5d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayTookies View Post
Yes that is possible, closing with the key-fob is also way faster then with the door "button".
Where can I get more information?
Thanks
      12-01-2015, 12:15 AM   #1939
MrTookies
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328i, 2015 F15 35D

Quote:
Originally Posted by izelfon
Quote:
Yes that is possible, closing with the key-fob is also way faster then with the door "button".
Where can I get more information?
Thanks
You might want to contact one of the guys in your area that does coding, you can find that here... (beginning of the thread is the link).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=0&vpid=A1

Last edited by MrTookies; 12-02-2015 at 09:11 AM.. Reason: Brain-fart
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2015, 11:34 PM   #1940
izelfon
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
There is a coding thread in the F16/f15 section might want to take a look at a lot of options there.
Is this not the thread you are refering to??
      12-02-2015, 09:09 AM   #1941
MrTookies
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by izelfon View Post
Is this not the thread you are refering to??
Sorry, that was a Brain-Fart not sure what else I was doing in the moment...See above I edited my "quota"
Appreciate 1
      12-02-2015, 09:37 AM   #1942
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixlr8
I had a discussion Saturday with lead tech at the dealership where I bought my car. He was surprised that the TPMS display didn't also contain temp display when the BMW "genius" said that was only for the "M" series. I mentioned that it could also be coded in my X5 and I was promptly told that doing so would void warranty. Is there any truth to this, that recoding car will lead to voiding of warranty, or is it just a scare tactic?
LoL. I even return lease with all of the coding still in the car.
The inspector got confused why the side mirror fold by itself when he lock the car.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 09:57 AM   #1943
Kessler35is
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F15 50i, 2016 E89 35is

Garage List
2016 Z4 35is  [0.00]
2015 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixlr8 View Post
I discovered I couldn't move my X5 with the drivers door open. I needed to move my X5 in my driveway so wife could get out and go to work. All windows were covered with ice, door windows were iced up and would not open. I tried to move the vehicle with the door open so I could see where I was going, I could put vehicle in drive... but every time I tried to move it... the car put itself in park and gave me an error indicating door was open!!??? Is there any way to code around this issue?? I know the easiest way around this is to not block in wife on a frosty morning.
You can only drive in reverse and have the door open if you do 3 things.

1: Have the drivers seat belt on.

2: Never fully disengage the brake.

3: Do not exceed 2 MPH.

I wouldn't code this feature off since the safety aspect of this is to protect the driver if they were to fall out of the car with the door open.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 10:35 AM   #1944
crackerjack15
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessler35is View Post
You can only drive in reverse and have the door open if you do 3 things.

1: Have the drivers seat belt on.

2: Never fully disengage the brake.

3: Do not exceed 2 MPH.

I wouldn't code this feature off since the safety aspect of this is to protect the driver if they were to fall out of the car with the door open.
Say your in a parking lot and someone is trying to carjack you, rob, whatever... and your trying to floor it backwards with the door open to get out of there? But your escape buddy, aka the car, keeps trying to put itself in park!?!?!?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 04:42 PM   #1945
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Hey fellas,

My current 2016 X6 is the first car I ever had coded. Just a few simple coded options were done for me last week. Everything seems to be working ok, but I noticed a couple glitches that I was wondering if any of you have experienced as well, and can point me in the right direction to fix these glitches.

1) Idrive boot up screen will play out in it's entirety, plays about half way through, plays for a split second or not play at all and the idrive screen will display the audio information immediately upon start up of the engine. I guess it depends on the mood of the ECU, but of course this inconsistency is not normal. Do any of you know a fix?

2) This is my third BMW and I have never had trouble playing my ipod using the USB port... that is until last night. I've been driving this car since I picked it up on Nov 16th, always using my ipod to keep me entertained while I get to know my new toy. Last night, the audio just went out on me, however the album art, track info and song timer is displayed as if I should be hearing music. What can I do about this?

Any input would be very much appreciated.
      12-02-2015, 08:48 PM   #1946
X54TH
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivemecracy View Post
efficient dynamics blue ... turquoise ...
light red ... purple ...
yellow ... green ...
pink ...
Can someone tell me if these colour options are in addition to the current selection or do the existing ones get swapped out for these. I was hoping it would be additional ones to select from. Can someone confirm.
2021 330i XDrive Alpine White M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 09:31 PM   #1947
Bigb348
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by X54TH View Post
Can someone tell me if these colour options are in addition to the current selection or do the existing ones get swapped out for these. I was hoping it would be additional ones to select from. Can someone confirm.
Existing ones get swapped out.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 09:33 PM   #1948
X54TH
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigb348 View Post
Existing ones get swapped out.
Damn, hoping that wasn't the case. Thanks.
2021 330i XDrive Alpine White M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 10:38 PM   #1949
izelfon
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Sorry, that was a Brain-Fart not sure what else I was doing in the moment...See above I edited my "quota"
Lol thanks!
      12-02-2015, 10:45 PM   #1950
Biff Trout
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixlr8 View Post
I discovered I couldn't move my X5 with the drivers door open. I needed to move my X5 in my driveway so wife could get out and go to work. All windows were covered with ice, door windows were iced up and would not open. I tried to move the vehicle with the door open so I could see where I was going, I could put vehicle in drive... but every time I tried to move it... the car put itself in park and gave me an error indicating door was open!!??? Is there any way to code around this issue?? I know the easiest way around this is to not block in wife on a frosty morning.
I have been asking around for a coding solution for the door open/shift to park since 2012 for a number of reasons including the carjacking scenario mentioned by crackerjack15 and also backing onto ramps or into tight spots.

I am a firm believer in taking personal responsibility for one's own actions and if I fall out of the car when backing with the door open - so be it. I don't need a nanny.

BIFF

98 528i, 01 540-6spd., 02 530i, 03 540-6spd., 06 550i-6spd., 10 MB E63, 12 X5d, 15 X5d
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2015, 06:34 AM   #1951
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
Hey fellas,

My current 2016 X6 is the first car I ever had coded. Just a few simple coded options were done for me last week. Everything seems to be working ok, but I noticed a couple glitches that I was wondering if any of you have experienced as well, and can point me in the right direction to fix these glitches.

1) Idrive boot up screen will play out in it's entirety, plays about half way through, plays for a split second or not play at all and the idrive screen will display the audio information immediately upon start up of the engine. I guess it depends on the mood of the ECU, but of course this inconsistency is not normal. Do any of you know a fix?

2) This is my third BMW and I have never had trouble playing my ipod using the USB port... that is until last night. I've been driving this car since I picked it up on Nov 16th, always using my ipod to keep me entertained while I get to know my new toy. Last night, the audio just went out on me, however the album art, track info and song timer is displayed as if I should be hearing music. What can I do about this?

Any input would be very much appreciated.
BUMP

Just wanted to ask again if any of you have any ideas on how to get these minor, but annoying issues fixed on my F16 X6.

I don't really want to resort to drastic measures, but the few items I had coded last week are not worth the sacrifice of the USB port being inoperational. Mirror folding can be done at the push of a button, and fancy colors are cool, but not at the cost of my tunes.

Getting info from you guys, is my Plan A. Any feed back would be appreciated, because my plan B is to either figure out how to reset everything myself, or just take this car to the dealer and have them reset everything to factory settings.

Experts, please let me know what my options are at this point. Thank you.
      12-03-2015, 07:48 AM   #1952
MrTookies
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth-twntrbo View Post
Can you code the fog logs to come in automatically with the headlamps? I hate that you have to turn the fog lights on everytime!
When I had my X5 coded we tried it, but we did not have any success. I think it has something to do with, that these modules are separate and don't talk to each other, is that correct shawnsheridan ? (correct me if I'm wrong) I think its the same scenario as the trunk (to close the trunk you have to use the trunk button on your fob, cant be coded to close with the BMW button that closes windows/doors ect.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyquistcondition View Post
Yes. It works fantastic for me up here in NH north country and it is great. You need to code multiple modules one the option code is changed as each module needs to be reset and made aware of the central option code change. Opasha and others found a link on another forum and posted it here in the spring. I tried it and it works. No joke. I don't have the link but if you search the forums you will find it. It had its own thread.

Can you PLEASE share a on-board video.

Do you remember what the thread was called, can't seem to find the thread/link...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08bmw128i View Post
I have a 2016 with the Anti-Dazzle coded and it works. The tunnel is pretty defined and works very well. I'm sure there is more fine tuning that needs to be done but it's an amazing feature, and shouldn't have been turned off in the first place. Stupid DOT Laws!
Can you PLEASE share a on-board video.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2015, 08:01 AM   #1953
wearenh
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 x5 x35i DHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post

1) Idrive boot up screen will play out in it's entirety, plays about half way through, plays for a split second or not play at all

2) trouble playing my ipod using the USB port

I have several things coded and have not experienced either of your problems my coded items list

1) note that the splash screen does not always play ... you have to have not used the
car for a certain amount of time, and start it within x seconds of unlocking it ... that
said, I've never seen the splash screen play only part way

2) my usb works perfectly after coding
sorry, I am not an expert and cannot help you fix it, I just wanted you to know that
the symptoms you are experiencing are not normal and are not something you have
to live with (as in a coding or usb choice) ... you should have both

Appreciate 0
      12-03-2015, 08:20 AM   #1954
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wearenh View Post
I have several things coded and have not experienced either of your problems my coded items list

1) note that the splash screen does not always play ... you have to have not used the
car for a certain amount of time, and start it within x seconds of unlocking it ... that

sorry, I am not an expert and cannot help you fix it, I just wanted you to know that

Thank you for clearing that up for me. I did feel that the splash screen will only play out depending on how long the car has been in sleep mode, but when it does play, it should play out in it's entirety. My splash screen has been coded to play the ///M animation, but cuts off about mid-way 95% of the time, if it plays at all before displaying the menu screen.

As for the USB function, my last attempt to fix this will be to let the ipod battery drain completely, then re-connect it and hopefully it will play again. I will try this after work as the ipod has been playing all night, and shoud be drained by time I get back to my car after work today.

If this doesn't work, I will have no choice but to reset the CPU to factory settings, and reaserch to find a new coding guy.
      12-03-2015, 08:37 AM   #1955
stewy604
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 xDrive 35d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessler35is View Post
...this is to protect the driver if they were to fall out of the car with the door open.
I'm sorry, but if someone is 'skilled' enough to fall out of a moving vehicle, they really shouldn't be driving at all!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2015, 08:51 AM   #1956
MrTookies
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewy604 View Post
I'm sorry, but if someone is 'skilled' enough to fall out of a moving vehicle, they really shouldn't be driving at all!
Totally agree! Its very annoying...
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2015, 09:17 AM   #1957
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day
Quote:

Thank you for clearing that up for me. I did feel that the splash screen will only play out depending on how long the car has been in sleep mode, but when it does play, it should play out in it's entirety. My splash screen has been coded to play the ///M animation, but cuts off about mid-way 95% of the time, if it plays at all before displaying the menu screen.

As for the USB function, my last attempt to fix this will be to let the ipod battery drain completely, then re-connect it and hopefully it will play again. I will try this after work as the ipod has been playing all night, and shoud be drained by time I get back to my car after work today.

If this doesn't work, I will have no choice but to reset the CPU to factory settings, and reaserch to find a new coding guy.
The splash screen will shows when you start the car within 20 seconds after you unlock the car. I am not sure if the car need to be asleep or not. But 20 seconds after you unlock is the main key.

As far your ipod through USB, what has been coded to the car where it changed the way it works?
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2015, 11:03 AM   #1958
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day
Quote:

The splash screen will shows when you start the car within 20 seconds after you unlock the car. I am not sure if the car need to be asleep or not. But 20 seconds after you unlock is the main key.

As far your ipod through USB, what has been coded to the car where it changed the way it works?
Thanks for the info. I will definitely use this info to time out the splash screen... just to make sure I am not being overly paranoid about the boot up animation.

I didn't have anything coded for the USB to be honest. I got the coding done last weekend, and the ipod worked just fine until Tuesday night... so I'm not sure what happened. I assume the coding has something to do with it only because I have not experienced this before in my past 2 BMWs.

Hopefully it was just a 24 flu type deal, and things work like normal when I start up my car after work this evening.

I will keep you guys posted.