11-23-2015, 10:09 PM   #1
izelfon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 3.5d

Garage List
New X5 owner, need some help please

Hi,
I've had three 3 series in the past but not with so much technology in it.. Looking for some help with what might seem like some basic stuff but for some reason I just can't figure out.

1) I always drive the car in Sport mode, but there is no way to save that setting, have to do it every single time I start the car. Thought I could do it in Profiles, but does not look like it. Is there a way to get this setting to stick?

2) My key does not retain my seat settings, after my wife drives the car (using her key), I have to manually get my seat position back, well hit the memory button. Was under impression the settings were part of the profile and/or tied to my key, again does not work this way. Am I missing something?

3) The car came with Enhanced USB and Bluetooth plus Smartphone Integration.. In two words, what exactly is it and why would I use it having BT and how?

I know I have to read the manual, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Igor
      11-23-2015, 10:55 PM   #2
alphaod
Mmmmm…
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15

Garage List
I don't think you can save it to Sport by default.

I'm not sure why it won't save your settings. Have you tried using '2' whereas your wife uses '1' and see if it'll retain your settings at least that way?

Enhanced Bluetooth lets your use the office functions and the ability to pair two phones and a Bluetooth audio device. For the enhanced smartphone function you'll find the cradle in the center console, but you need to buy an adapter which is about $200.
Appreciate 1
      11-24-2015, 11:22 AM   #3
BGWN
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d

I'll let someone else speak to the sport mode thing but you can try saving your profile while it is in sport mode to see if that works.

Reguarding your #2, make sure both your wife's key and your key have been activated in your profile settings. Set everything the way you want then... settings>profiles>(___)……insert your name here. Hide your fob out of range then do the same procedure for your wife.

Then go to settings>doors/key>make sure "last seat position automatic" is checked. Factory default is unchecked. Once this is done everything in the car will adjust to the corresponding fob when you touch the door handle. Seat, radio, climate, will all be set for the corresponding fob.

Last edited by BGWN; 11-24-2015 at 11:34 AM..
Appreciate 2
      11-24-2015, 01:05 PM   #4
stewy604
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 xDrive 35d M Sport

I too had the same question on the Sport mode, as I drive 90% of the time using this setting (set to chassis only in iDrive). I've yet to find an answer, doesnt seem like its possible to save this, or code it to be default.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2015, 01:33 PM   #5
Kessler35is
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F15 50i, 2016 E89 35is

Garage List
2016 Z4 35is  [0.00]
2015 X5 50i  [0.00]
For profiles to work you must save your seat, mirror, steering wheel, radio settings/memory buttons, heads up position, interior lighting, & all other iDrive settings to a button on the drivers seat.

Also, when you program your seat to a button 1 or 2 on the side that is per Key. Make sure you both do this with only your key in or near the car.

Here are some pointers that I have had to learn.

If you are both near the drivers door when it is unlocked it will use the profile of the key that is the closest to the door. I have had my key in the left pocket and she had hers in her purse and the purse was closer to the door when I unlocked it activated her profile and not mine. Simple fix. Just get in the car and select your profile from the iDrive or lock the car and unlock with your key.
Appreciate 5
      11-26-2015, 11:43 AM   #6
X54TH
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewy604 View Post
I too had the same question on the Sport mode, as I drive 90% of the time using this setting (set to chassis only in iDrive). I've yet to find an answer, doesnt seem like its possible to save this, or code it to be default.
Stewy, my coding guy said no can do on our F15's. It will default to Comfort. Trust me I tried.
2021 330i XDrive Alpine White M-Sport
Appreciate 2
      11-26-2015, 12:09 PM   #7
Shaw
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35d | 2019 X3 30i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by izelfon View Post
Hi,
I've had three 3 series in the past but not with so much technology in it.. Looking for some help with what might seem like some basic stuff but for some reason I just can't figure out.

1) I always drive the car in Sport mode, but there is no way to save that setting, have to do it every single time I start the car. Thought I could do it in Profiles, but does not look like it. Is there a way to get this setting to stick?

2) My key does not retain my seat settings, after my wife drives the car (using her key), I have to manually get my seat position back, well hit the memory button. Was under impression the settings were part of the profile and/or tied to my key, again does not work this way. Am I missing something?

3) The car came with Enhanced USB and Bluetooth plus Smartphone Integration.. In two words, what exactly is it and why would I use it having BT and how?

I know I have to read the manual, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Igor
Hey Igor,

I did not have the enhanced smartphone on my 2014...and so I was't able to stream music through Bluetooth...I could only do phone...
My understanding is that syncing music is one of the options that $500-$600 extra does! (mind you, I didn't have to pay anything to have that option on my basic Malibu!!! )
On the seats, we had number 1 for my wife's settings and 2 for me.
We normally used one car key, and so I had to manually adjust mine, but we tried it a couple of times and it did work...when I used it with the other key, it would revert back to my settings...too much gadget anyways, I think we never use it...lol
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2015, 11:55 PM   #8
izelfon
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by X54TH View Post
Stewy, my coding guy said no can do on our F15's. It will default to Comfort. Trust me I tried.
That's a shame... Thanks for the info!
      11-28-2015, 01:22 AM   #9
MrTookies
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328i, 2015 F15 35D

Quote:
Originally Posted by X54TH View Post
Its a shame that you can't even set your default driving mode to what you want it to be. Or at least that it goes back to the mode you drove the car in last. If anybody ever finds a fix for that I would really appreciate that as well.
I do have to say though; one thing that I was surprised about in the X5 2015...you can turn the stop and go off in comfort, and it will only default it back to the on position when you switch to eco pro.
I drove a 2014 435d in Germany last year and it would have the stop and go by default EVERY time you got in to the car (comfort mode default here as well obviously). REALLY annoying .
Appreciate 2
      11-29-2015, 11:53 PM   #10
izelfon
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGWN View Post
I'll let someone else speak to the sport mode thing but you can try saving your profile while it is in sport mode to see if that works.

Reguarding your #2, make sure both your wife's key and your key have been activated in your profile settings. Set everything the way you want then... settings>profiles>(___)……insert your name here. Hide your fob out of range then do the same procedure for your wife.

Then go to settings>doors/key>make sure "last seat position automatic" is checked. Factory default is unchecked. Once this is done everything in the car will adjust to the corresponding fob when you touch the door handle. Seat, radio, climate, will all be set for the corresponding fob.
Followed your instructions and got it to work. Thank you very much!
Do have a follow up question... I have the lock on setting but is there a way for it to automatically unlock doors when the car is in park? My wife has a 2013 Toyota Highlander and it unlocks the doors when the car is in park and I know other cars do it too, super convinient. Cant find this feature here..
      11-29-2015, 11:55 PM   #11
izelfon
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayTookies View Post
Its a shame that you can't even set your default driving mode to what you want it to be. Or at least that it goes back to the mode you drove the car in last. If anybody ever finds a fix for that I would really appreciate that as well.
I do have to say though; one thing that I was surprised about in the X5 2015...you can turn the stop and go off in comfort, and it will only default it back to the on position when you switch to eco pro.
I drove a 2014 435d in Germany last year and it would have the stop and go by default EVERY time you got in to the car (comfort mode default here as well obviously). REALLY annoying .
I totally agree.. Same here drove a 435GC and could not turn off the stop and go permanently, super annoying. I rather have to manually shift from Comfort to Sport than do the whole stop and go everytime.
      11-30-2015, 06:38 AM   #12
MrTookies
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328i, 2015 F15 35D

Quote:
Originally Posted by izelfon View Post
Followed your instructions and got it to work. Thank you very much!
Do have a follow up question... I have the lock on setting but is there a way for it to automatically unlock doors when the car is in park? My wife has a 2013 Toyota Highlander and it unlocks the doors when the car is in park and I know other cars do it too, super convenient. Cant find this feature here..
I don't believe there is a direct setting that unlocks the vehicle when you place it in "P". What purpose would such a setting serve? Someone can just open any door when you are parked somewhere (if you had such feature), at least in the Houston area that's not something I would want, but you probably have your valid reason.

If you don't like for the doors to lock at all, there is a setting for that saying something like "lock doors after driving" (sorry not in the car right now).

Not sure if this comes with every package, I know that on mine I just have to pull on the handle and the door opens, locked or not. On my 3-Series 2011 I have to pull the handle twice to open the door, when the car is in locked position.
Appreciate 1
      11-30-2015, 08:50 PM   #13
wearenh
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 x5 x35i DHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayTookies View Post
...435d in Germany last year and it would have the stop and go by default EVERY time you got in to the car...
my wife's C300 4Matic is the same

Appreciate 0