BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-14-2014, 05:28 PM   #1
wjbender
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 40i M Sport

Question about M Sport Grills

I visited my dealer today just looking at the various X5 models in stock. There were multiple Mineral White M Sport models on the lot. I noticed two different grill styles. Some had the silver grill, and others had a grill with black vertical fins and a chrome trim. I prefer the black out style, but how do I know which one will come with my M Sport Diesel??
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2014, 05:37 PM   #2
Barbja
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjbender View Post
I visited my dealer today just looking at the various X5 models in stock. There were multiple Mineral White M Sport models on the lot. I noticed two different grill styles. Some had the silver grill, and others had a grill with black vertical fins and a chrome trim. I prefer the black out style, but how do I know which one will come with my M Sport Diesel??
Black w/chrome trim is 35i, all silver (titanium) is 50i.

I prefer the titanium myself and will be ordering a set to go on my MW 35i. That two color effect just isn't for me; I'd rather have all silver or all black (performance grills).
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2014, 05:49 PM   #3
kkakonn
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
You can always buy the gloss black performance grill separate and switch them out yourself. I ended up doing so with mine

12-14-2014, 07:07 PM   #4
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjbender
I believe 35d comes with standard chrome outer with matte black slats.
But, you can always get the titanium slats or the gloss black outer with matte slats.
Since you haven't receive your car, try to deal with your dealership. They should be able to swap it at no charge.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2014, 07:26 PM   #5
M3Fanatics
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '15 YMB F80 M3 '15 BSM F15 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkakonn View Post
You can always buy the gloss black performance grill separate and switch them out yourself. I ended up doing so with mine

That looks sick can you post more pics
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2014, 07:12 AM   #6
kip1
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5M50d

Anyone know if the X5M grille will fit? Looks the same...
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2014, 08:39 AM   #7
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by kip1
Anyone know if the X5M grille will fit? Looks the same...
Yes, it should fit. But not sure if you want to run around with the M badge on the non M car though.
Saw one non X5M over the weekend with an X5M badge on the trunk. Just doesn't looks right.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2014, 09:14 AM   #8
Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

Before & After:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-15-2014, 10:32 AM   #9
vishal_ds
Panama
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 xDrive 35i

Quote:
I have Msport pack, and my grills is black vertical fins and chrome trim (frame) like you say. New grills in full black cost around $60 a piece if m not mistaken. I'd recommend u to get a black matte plastidip and paint them. If u dont like the finish then you can easily peel off the plastidip without any scratches. IMO.
Appreciate 0