BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-14-2014, 12:53 PM   #1
harrish
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 x35i

Need help with '14 X5 x35i

Hi All--I recently purchased a '14 X5 x35i and am having a few issues. Please see below.

1.) My profiles seem to keep resetting themselves. As a result my presets and sound settings are resetting despite me having only one key fob in the car. Please let me know what can be done about this.

2.) My passenger side rear door does not lock or unlock with the comfort key. All other doors work fine.

3.) My DRL's do not come on when I unlock the car. Is this normal? I have pathway lighting set to 30 seconds. They don't stay on after I exit the car as well.

4.) This has been on and off but more off then on. If my radio volume is set at a fairly loud level the NAV instructions volume DO NOT lower the radio volume in order for me to hear the directions. If I have the NAV volume setup then the radio and nav volume both conflict and I keep missing my turns unless I have the radio turned down.

Other than these issues I love the car. It's a fantastic vehicle in comparisoin to my '14 Q5 TDI. I appreciate all your feedback and help with this. I also plan on taking it in to the dealer unless you guys can advise as to how I can resolve these issues without spending time at the dealer.

Thanks again and I am happy to join the X5 club!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2014, 01:37 PM   #2
possib1edoc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrish View Post
Hi All--I recently purchased a '14 X5 x35i and am having a few issues. Please see below.

1.) My profiles seem to keep resetting themselves. As a result my presets and sound settings are resetting despite me having only one key fob in the car. Please let me know what can be done about this.

2.) My passenger side rear door does not lock or unlock with the comfort key. All other doors work fine.

3.) My DRL's do not come on when I unlock the car. Is this normal? I have pathway lighting set to 30 seconds. They don't stay on after I exit the car as well.

4.) This has been on and off but more off then on. If my radio volume is set at a fairly loud level the NAV instructions volume DO NOT lower the radio volume in order for me to hear the directions. If I have the NAV volume setup then the radio and nav volume both conflict and I keep missing my turns unless I have the radio turned down.

Other than these issues I love the car. It's a fantastic vehicle in comparisoin to my '14 Q5 TDI. I appreciate all your feedback and help with this. I also plan on taking it in to the dealer unless you guys can advise as to how I can resolve these issues without spending time at the dealer.

Can't help you yet as I get my car in January. However, I am also coming from a 13' Q5....can you elaborate on how you felt about the X5 compared to the Q5? I really like the Q5, it has a really premium/luxury feel in terms of interior/drive, plus the number of looks I get driving down the road.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2014, 09:53 AM   #3
harrish
Rep

The X5 is larger and definitely a much more comfy ride plus tons of tech (some not so reliable hence all my questions). You'll find that the X5 has more of a "premium / luxury" feel. Not sure where you live but around where I am there are TONS of Q5s and X5s so no one looks at you unless you're in an exotic or $200K+ car. Besides don't worry about who's looking at you enjoy the car for what it is .
Appreciate 1
      12-15-2014, 10:19 AM   #4
EmPower
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 xdrive 35i

My response below

Quote:

1.) My profiles seem to keep resetting themselves. As a result my presets and sound settings are resetting despite me having only one key fob in the car. Please let me know what can be done about this. - check your default profile settings

2.) My passenger side rear door does not lock or unlock with the comfort key. All other doors work fine. - There is a small tab that you can lock and unlock under the rear doors (child lock). Open the door and look under the portion that sits over the wheel well. You will find that tab

3.) My DRL's do not come on when I unlock the car. Is this normal? I have pathway lighting set to 30 seconds. They don't stay on after I exit the car as well. - Are your DRLs turned off? Its a setting you can get through on the iDrive menus

4.) This has been on and off but more off then on. If my radio volume is set at a fairly loud level the NAV instructions volume DO NOT lower the radio volume in order for me to hear the directions. If I have the NAV volume setup then the radio and nav volume both conflict and I keep missing my turns unless I have the radio turned down. - There might be something in the settings. I will have to check if I can find this setting

19 Audi SQ5 (sold), 20 Audi S6 (sold),
22 Audi SQ5
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2014, 10:22 AM   #5
LatinBimmer
Lieutenant
Peru
Rep
Drives: X5 2014 Sparkling Brown

Quote:
Are your light switch in "Auto" mode? ... if so, we noticed it only lights up when unlocking the car in dark / night conditions...I think this is normal in this F15.

Also, the lighting pathway only works when you completely turn off the car (twice push ignition button)
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2014, 10:23 AM   #6
vishal_ds
Panama
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 xDrive 35i

Quote:

Well I just got my X5 Xdrive 35i last week, with Msport pkg. Check on your lamp settings of they are set to Automatic or off, and also in your idrive controller, go to settings, lights, and check if some option regarding Daytime running lamps is checked on or off. It has to be something related to this.

When i got my X5, the dealer told me they need to put factory codes on the car to make it work as intented before delivering their new car to the customer. Could be your dealer did not do some part of this. Maybe I am mistaken, but most of the issues you show here have to do with config, thats all. A drive to the dealer must solve these, but I suggest using the car for a week or two and getting any more issues written down before going 2 the dealer.

A car worth this much, should come ready to use from the dealer, and not needing to drive unless it is for a regular servicing.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2014, 09:04 PM   #7
harrish
Rep

The lights seem to working OK at the moment. Although intermittent at best. What's really bothersome at the moment is the comfort keyless. It's basically working 1 time out of every 5 times I go to use the thing. It was raining cats and dogs and I had to put down my stuff find my key in my coat pocket and manually unlock twice today. Very unreliable and downright frustrating. I never had this issue with ML or Q5.
Appreciate 0