Rep
Drives: BMW X5 xDrive 35i

Need help understanding some things about X5

Hello everyone
So ,I just took delivery of my X5 xDrive 35i with the following options:

- M sport package
- Sport seats mocha dakota leather
- Navi with 10 inch screen and touchpad controller

What I didn't get: LED headlamps, 360 degree cameras (only rear camera I got), panoramic roof, high end audio.

Whenever I unlock and get in the car, and press the power button without pressing on the brake pedal, the ignition turns on and my radio and idrive screen, but what also turns on is the A/C. Is this normal?

How can I make the A/C NOT turn on when the ignition is on or when the engine is on. Reason is that when the A/C is on with just the ignition, it drains battery very fast, and I have noticed that the battery has been draining fast due to it. I tried going to settings and checking on every single option, but didn't find anything to control the sequence of the components during ignition.

Also, I have noticed that my side mirrors don't fold automatically when the engine is shut off or the ignition is off. They always stay open. Is this an extra option in BMW for self folding side mirrors, or a standard option.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2014, 11:58 AM   #2
senoromar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 40i M-Sport

I know the side mirrors can be coded so that they will auto-fold when you turn off the car.

As for the A/C, have you tried shutting off the a/c before turning off the car? Some people on the other fourm said when the a/c is in auto mode, it will automatically turn on again when the car is turned on.
2011 X5 50i Sport Activity
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2014, 01:58 PM   #3
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by senoromar View Post
I know the side mirrors can be coded so that they will auto-fold when you turn off the car.

As for the A/C, have you tried shutting off the a/c before turning off the car? Some people on the other fourm said when the a/c is in auto mode, it will automatically turn on again when the car is turned on.
I checked this, it still turns on even in Manual mode.
It needs to be coded to stay Off, but it's just a button press away and it's one less button for me to hit when getting into the vehicle, and F15 climate control works better where you don't have a fan blowing cold air if the heater temp has not reached to the set temp, so I like it. I wish it turned on more stuff by option like heated seats, steering wheel, etc..

Mirrors require coding.
      12-15-2014, 03:02 PM   #4
senoromar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 40i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post
I checked this, it still turns on even in Manual mode.
It needs to be coded to stay Off, but it's just a button press away and it's one less button for me to hit when getting into the vehicle, and F15 climate control works better where you don't have a fan blowing cold air if the heater temp has not reached to the set temp, so I like it. I wish it turned on more stuff by option like heated seats, steering wheel, etc..

Mirrors require coding.
By any chance do you have one of those programmable universal tv remotes that you've coded to do like 10 things upon pressing the power button? Sounds like the perfect thing for you!
2011 X5 50i Sport Activity
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2014, 08:13 PM   #5
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by senoromar View Post
By any chance do you have one of those programmable universal tv remotes that you've coded to do like 10 things upon pressing the power button? Sounds like the perfect thing for you!
Are you watching me, because I do have one that turns on my PC (not my cable box, I got rid of that long time ago) changes input to PC on my TV, runs XBMC and goes to Movies list. I have 4 macro buttons like that and now you reminded me I wish I had that on my BMW with 1-8 Presets doing some sort of macros..