X5_msport
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 x35i m sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackoutF15 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5_msport View Post
After doing a little more research on a tune/chip I'm starting to think the MPPK might be the better option like some of you have mentioned. I've also come across an E-Flash Stage 1 ECU by ESS sold on ind-distribution that's caught my interest. Anybody know somebody who has this?

And now looking into this I think I want to also add a catless downpipe. The piece I'm looking at is from RG Sport and is called Evolution Racewerks Competition Series 4" Catless Downpipe. Has anyone added a catless or even catted downpipe to their X5 35i?
If you go with mppk tune you won't be able to do DP without getting check engine light. I'm sure you don't want that. But yes the one you mentioned from RG sport is one you'd want to get. I heard good things about it
Really? Is there no way around that? Thanks for the heads up I'll be sure to mention that to the shop that's been helping me out with some of these mods. Will the check engine light come on with any tune if I have MPPK?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2021, 05:16 PM   #200
blackoutF15
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 x35i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
After doing a little more research on a tune/chip I'm starting to think the MPPK might be the better option like some of you have mentioned. I've also come across an E-Flash Stage 1 ECU by ESS sold on ind-distribution that's caught my interest. Anybody know somebody who has this?

And now looking into this I think I want to also add a catless downpipe. The piece I'm looking at is from RG Sport and is called Evolution Racewerks Competition Series 4" Catless Downpipe. Has anyone added a catless or even catted downpipe to their X5 35i?
If you go with mppk tune you won't be able to do DP without getting check engine light. I'm sure you don't want that. But yes the one you mentioned from RG sport is one you'd want to get. I heard good things about it
Really? Is there no way around that? Thanks for the heads up I'll be sure to mention that to the shop that's been helping me out with some of these mods. Will the check engine light come on with any tune if I have MPPK?
Mppk is a tune from bmw so it still operates within the guidelines. Only aftermarket tunes can provide ability to disable cel when dp is installed. You would do one or the other because the tunes overwrite each other. I've been wanting to get the dp, even in talking to Ben from RG sport there's no way around with a factory tune.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2021, 05:19 PM   #201
X5_msport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Mppk is a tune from bmw so it still operates within the guidelines. Only aftermarket tunes can provide ability to disable cel when dp is installed. You would do one or the other because the tunes overwrite each other. I've been wanting to get the dp, even in talking to Ben from RG sport there's no way around with a factory tune.
What about that ESS tune I mentioned seeing from ind-distribution? Here's the link, https://ind-distribution.com/collect...mance-software

I wonder if that can disable cel when dp is installed? What other mods have you done to your X5? I swear whenever I think "that's it, I'm done" something else comes up LOL
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2021, 06:18 PM   #202
blackoutF15
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What about that ESS tune I mentioned seeing from ind-distribution? Here's the link, https://ind-distribution.com/collect...mance-software

I wonder if that can disable cel when dp is installed? What other mods have you done to your X5? I swear whenever I think "that's it, I'm done" something else comes up LOL
Yes it has an option for you to select for at converter. If you'd want dp, then select removed/race cat. I don't know much about this tune so no comment on how it performs. I just know bm3 is really good aftermarket tune for the 35i and many on here like it.

Just the normal, lowered, 22s, cf stuff, RaceChip mppk charge pipe exhaust. Little stuff here and there. Yea there's so much you can do. Too many aftermarket parts offered for bmw.
Appreciate 1
      09-22-2021, 08:10 PM   #203
X5_msport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes it has an option for you to select for at converter. If you'd want dp, then select removed/race cat. I don't know much about this tune so no comment on how it performs. I just know bm3 is really good aftermarket tune for the 35i and many on here like it.

Just the normal, lowered, 22s, cf stuff, RaceChip mppk charge pipe exhaust. Little stuff here and there. Yea there's so much you can do. Too many aftermarket parts offered for bmw.
I went to pick up my car today and spoke more to the guy who has been helping me. He said if I wanted to go with a catless dp that I should go with a tune from Eurocharged. A stage 2 tune from ECU with the catless dp will put me around 400 hp and I won't have a cel on.

But yeah tell me about it I feel like I always find the next thing when I get my car back. I think if I go through with the dp and tune I'll be good for a while…

I'll post some pics of what my car looks like now after adding spacers to my rear wheels, adding the dynoshield plus tinting my windshield and replacing my oem brakes with drilled/slotted rotors/ceramic pads
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
dubs40.50
      09-22-2021, 10:29 PM   #204
blackoutF15
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I went to pick up my car today and spoke more to the guy who has been helping me. He said if I wanted to go with a catless dp that I should go with a tune from Eurocharged. A stage 2 tune from ECU with the catless dp will put me around 400 hp and I won't have a cel on.

But yeah tell me about it I feel like I always find the next thing when I get my car back. I think if I go through with the dp and tune I'll be good for a while…

I'll post some pics of what my car looks like now after adding spacers to my rear wheels, adding the dynoshield plus tinting my windshield and replacing my oem brakes with drilled/slotted rotors/ceramic pads
Nice wrap. I like the matte finish
Appreciate 1
      09-22-2021, 10:55 PM   #205
X5_msport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks man! It's actually a satin finish.

I think in one of my earlier posts I said I think I have the MPE, but now I'm not sure. Is there anyway to check? Another mod I'll have to now consider if I don't have it…
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2021, 12:19 AM   #206
blackoutF15
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I think in one of my earlier posts I said I think I have the MPE, but now I'm not sure. Is there anyway to check? Another mod I'll have to now consider if I don't have it…
Yes there is a way, If you can't already tell by the sound. If you have mpe, the piping from the muffler to the tip would not have a valve in the middle. When you turn your engine on, there should be smoke coming out of both of the tips. The non m mufflers have a valve that opens only when the car is up to a certain rpm, I forget what is the read on the rpm. So in idol only the left tip pushes smoke out.
Appreciate 1
      09-23-2021, 01:42 PM   #207
X5_msport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes there is a way, If you can't already tell by the sound. If you have mpe, the piping from the muffler to the tip would not have a valve in the middle. When you turn your engine on, there should be smoke coming out of both of the tips. The non m mufflers have a valve that opens only when the car is up to a certain rpm, I forget what is the read on the rpm. So in idol only the left tip pushes smoke out.
Yeah so I don't have it. I guess it just sounded loud to me cause it's my first beamer lol. So now I'm thinking of installing the MPE plus intake here first and waiting to do the catless dp and stage 2 tune in Texas. It never ends!
Appreciate 1
      09-23-2021, 07:05 PM   #208
M302_imola
Major
Rep
Drives: '15 X5 35i Xdrive Mineral Whit

Quote:
The BM3 flash tune is about how the price, and I'd bet money it out preforms the ESS tune. No one I know of on this forum runs that tune, prob for good reason unless it's brand new.

Spacers look good but what size rear tire are you running? Some more beef back there would have it looking more aggressive IMO. I really like the wrap.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2021, 07:20 PM   #209
X5_msport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M302_imola View Post
Quote:
The BM3 flash tune is about how the price, and I'd bet money it out preforms the ESS tune. No one I know of on this forum runs that tune, prob for good reason unless it's brand new.

Spacers look good but what size rear tire are you running? Some more beef back there would have it looking more aggressive IMO. I really like the wrap.
It's not the ESS tune anymore the one is ECU by Eurocharged unless that's what you mean? Here's the link…
https://www.eurocharged.com/product/...e35i-ecu-tune/

Either way I'll look into BM3 cause I don't think I'll be rushing to get this done since we have a move coming up.

You're absolutely right about having some bigger tires back there because I'm still running what came with it. I got the spacers to make it look more aggressive, but a new set of bigger wheels would make it look even meaner.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2021, 05:26 PM   #210
M302_imola
Major
Rep

Quote:
It's not the ESS tune anymore the one is ECU by Eurocharged unless that's what you mean? Here's the link…

Either way I'll look into BM3 cause I don't think I'll be rushing to get this done since we have a move coming up.

You're absolutely right about having some bigger tires back there because I'm still running what came with it. I got the spacers to make it look more aggressive, but a new set of bigger wheels would make it look even meaner.
Just basing my reply on your reply above stating "What about that ESS tune I mentioned seeing from ind-distribution? Here's the link, [url]https://ind-distribution.com/collections/x5-f15/products/ess-f15-x5-f16-x6-f-e-flash-stage-1-ecu-performance-software
Appreciate 1
      09-25-2021, 05:46 PM   #211
X5_msport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Just basing my reply on your reply above stating "What about that ESS tune I mentioned seeing from ind-distribution? Here's the link, [url]https://ind-distribution.com/collections/x5-f15/products/ess-f15-x5-f16-x6-f-e-flash-stage-1-ecu-performance-software
Gotcha, that's what I figured. I think if I go through with some performance mods I will be starting with an intake, the MPE and the MP tail pipe extension needed to install MPE. Maybe that'll be enough for me and if it isn't then dp and tune will get done in Texas. With that said, if anyone has any shop recommendations in the Houston area they trust bringing their car to lmk. Thanks guys!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 10:48 AM   #212
M302_imola
Major
Rep

Quote:
Gotcha, that's what I figured. I think if I go through with some performance mods I will be starting with an intake, the MPE and the MP tail pipe extension needed to install MPE. Maybe that'll be enough for me and if it isn't then dp and tune will get done in Texas. With that said, if anyone has any shop recommendations in the Houston area they trust bringing their car to lmk. Thanks guys!
Do some research on intakes. I did, and decide the aFE dry drop in panel filter was the best decision for me. Stay away from an open filter setup...to much heat soak.
Appreciate 1
      09-27-2021, 01:16 PM   #213
X5_msport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Do some research on intakes. I did, and decide the aFE dry drop in panel filter was the best decision for me. Stay away from an open filter setup...to much heat soak.
What do you think about the aFe Magnum FORCE Stage-2 Si Cold Air Intake System - Pro 5R Filter. Would that be considered an open filter set up?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2021, 04:04 PM   #214
M302_imola
Major
Rep

Quote:
What do you think about the aFe Magnum FORCE Stage-2 Si Cold Air Intake System - Pro 5R Filter. Would that be considered an open filter set up?
I think the price detoured me from that CAI. I'm a cheap fuk, lol but I like my cars to go fast!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2022, 12:57 PM   #215
sfgator
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 m340i

Love this thread.

I am thinking about putting in new kidney grills. I have a black sapphire m sport but it had the black grills with chrome surrounds. I tend to stay with OEM stuff. Does BMW make a double slat grill or is that just aftermarket?

Last edited by sfgator; 01-11-2022 at 01:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2022, 02:39 PM   #216
CaptainBruisin23
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5, Audi Q5 (wife's car)

Looks awesome

love the steering wheel and the new rims. Maybe i missed it, but did you post the link to any of the items you bought for the interior mods?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2022, 02:50 PM   #217
CaptainBruisin23
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5, Audi Q5 (wife's car)

2015 X5 with some at home and other basic mods.

Only had my 2015 X5 X35i for a couple months but did the following minor mods

-12% tint on all windows (no windshield, at least not yet)
-removed all emblems, but debating putting the X5 one back on
-replaced silver grill with black one
-replaced silver vent in front of front doors with black vent
-replaced all mats with weather tech mats
-added bmw logo puddle lights

next up is blacking out the trim, painting wheels black, adding roof rack, and adding a backup camera.

Also, it is not an M but i bought this off of my friend who had an M4 prior to the X5 so he put the M license plate from his M4 on there for sentimental reasons. Not trying to fool anyone into thinking i have an M when i do not.
Attached Images

Last edited by CaptainBruisin23; 07-21-2022 at 02:52 PM.. Reason: clarifying M license plate frame.
Appreciate 3
BMWofVS470.50
FCX52382.00
      07-21-2022, 09:04 PM   #218
BMWofVS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfgator View Post
Love this thread.

I am thinking about putting in new kidney grills. I have a black sapphire m sport but it had the black grills with chrome surrounds. I tend to stay with OEM stuff. Does BMW make a double slat grill or is that just aftermarket?
I’m pretty sure the double slat kidney grill is aftermarket for the f15. There is an OEM version for X5M which has the M badge on it.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2022, 09:12 PM   #219
BMWofVS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBruisin23 View Post
love the steering wheel and the new rims. Maybe i missed it, but did you post the link to any of the items you bought for the interior mods?
Crystal start stop button - Amazon
Steering wheel wrap - Mewant (https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1740289)
CF steering wheel trim - eBay
Paddle shifters - Amazon

Appreciate 1
jmack1231300.50
      08-15-2023, 05:36 PM   #220
davegill
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 428xi Coupe

Reviving an old thread but if someone in this thread that purchased a lip/diffuser kit with good fitment could maybe share the link or seller, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
Appreciate 0