BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-07-2014, 10:42 AM   #1
jk91915
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5

ivory/black interior 2015 changes

so I was building my future x5 for the 20th time and noticed something was a bit off... they changed the front lower panels to white! completely ruins the look of the interior now. when did this happen? when 2015 first came out it was still black!
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2014, 12:08 AM   #2
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk91915 View Post
so I was building my future x5 for the 20th time and noticed something was a bit off... they changed the front lower panels to white! completely ruins the look of the interior now. when did this happen? when 2015 first came out it was still black!

Oh wow, I did not even notice that -- since I stopped building my BMW every day after I picked it up (I didn't stop visiting the site daily even after I ordered it, it was very soothing and was sort of meditation)

Did you see they also made the speaker grills white, too... Which is something I wouldn't mind having in white, actually.

This is what my White/Black interior looks like:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...22#post8682222

This is what it's showing on website, is it a mistake? I wonder if you'll be able to get a straight answer. I wouldn't be surprised if they claim "it was supposed to be this way, earlier was a mistake" or "it was always like that" especially SA's.

Good luck, I hope you can get all black panels, because these white panels sure look a bit too white, this is why I went with Black/White interior, I liked the contrast and to see black where I looked, the others, especially tan interior looked too "retiree lexus" for my taste.

Last edited by hyde; 12-08-2014 at 12:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2014, 12:19 AM   #3
jk91915
United_States
Rep

I'm not due for my next one for another 2.5 years but I still go build one from time to time hopefully they change it back by then since it completely ruins the two tone look of the interior. Nice pictures by the way, the white leather looks amazing
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2014, 12:36 AM   #4
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

It makes the whole console too busy.
You got black on dash and front, wood, chrome, and white bottom, not to mention two shades of black on controls, you have piano black on A/C & iDrive area and matte black on A/C controls & vents.

It's very interesting that you caught this. I bet they always make unannounced changes like these, and until someone like you comes along and catches it, nobody knows about it.
      12-08-2014, 07:58 AM   #5
possib1edoc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

I hope my car that was finished being built on December 5th doesn't have the white front...I won't know until I pick it up in January due to PCD delivery....what can I do if when I pick up the car it's white? That's not how I wanted the car otherwise would have gotten a black interior.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2014, 08:53 AM   #6
patrobX5
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 Volvo XC90 T8

Interesting... I wonder if they also changed to white behind the seats? I believe was black before.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2014, 09:52 AM   #7
Dash52
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 740i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post
It makes the whole console too busy.
You got black on dash and front, wood, chrome, and white bottom, not to mention two shades of black on controls, you have piano black on A/C & iDrive area and matte black on A/C controls & vents.

It's very interesting that you caught this. I bet they always make unannounced changes like these, and until someone like you comes along and catches it, nobody knows about it.
Hyde:
Mine is the same as yours....with aluminum trim and gloss black grills:

Appreciate 0
      12-08-2014, 10:12 AM   #8
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Asking as carpeting not white not too bad.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2014, 01:00 AM   #9
emaratee
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: X5

Yeah ..

Earlier it use to be 2 option : Ivory/Black = Black lower dashboard & Black carpet , Ivory = White Lower dashboard & White carpet.

I think change is welcomed, I like it better.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2014, 01:08 AM   #10
jk91915
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrob
Interesting... I wonder if they also changed to white behind the seats? I believe was black before.
The back has always been white with ivory
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2014, 01:35 AM   #11
Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

@jk91915 You are absolutely correct sir!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-09-2014, 07:35 AM   #12
patrobX5
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 Volvo XC90 T8

Quote:
Ok thanks, didn't realize. Still it's my favourite colour combo!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2014, 11:02 AM   #13
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrob View Post
They were always white in F15, they were black in E70.

Quote:
Originally Posted by possib1edoc View Post
I hope my car that was finished being built on December 5th doesn't have the white front...I won't know until I pick it up in January due to PCD delivery....what can I do if when I pick up the car it's white? That's not how I wanted the car otherwise would have gotten a black interior.
You can always refuse delivery if you really don't like it, and go with all white interior or just change the color. There is misrepresentation going on because BMW never updated anyone about changing the colors, or maybe it is a website problem, who knows..
Keep us posted please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash52 View Post
Hyde:
Mine is the same as yours....with aluminum trim and gloss black grills:

My twin!

Did you change the grill yourself? I've been meaning to do something because while I like the contrast I think it has too much going on in both front and back, I only got X-Line because I like the wheels and front lower corner accents, I think the rear looks too busy with bottom brushed aluminum.

Where in NY are you?

Quote:
This is correct in F15, but in E70 they were black, I sort of liked that too, not that I don't like new all white ones, they are nice too.
      12-09-2014, 11:23 AM   #14
Dash52
Private
Rep

[QUOTE=hyde;17052772]They were always white in F15, they were black in E70.

My twin!

Did you change the grill yourself? I've been meaning to do something because while I like the contrast I think it has too much going on in both front and back, I only got X-Line because I like the wheels and front lower corner accents, I think the rear looks too busy with bottom brushed aluminum.

Where in NY are you?

I had the dealer do it and give me the originals back. It makes it a little more unique and just a bit nasty...in a good way. I did not have the time or desire to mess with it.

Last edited by Dash52; 12-09-2014 at 01:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2014, 11:39 AM   #15
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash52 View Post
Quote:

My twin!

Where in NY are you?

I had the dealer do it and give me the originals back. It makes it a little more unique and just a bit nasty...in a good way. I did not have the time or desire to mess with it. I am in Long Island....Jericho area. You?
I like it, I saw one at the dealer and it looked good, but in our comparison with @opasha in a thread, somehow, it didn't look as good in shopped images as it did in person. Must have something to do with the lighting.

http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...1#post16762701
vs

Please share more pictures if you can? Did I miss your picture thread?
I don't want to hijack the thread (if we haven't already) so you can PM me.

Last edited by hyde; 12-09-2014 at 11:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2014, 12:04 PM   #16
Dash52
Private
Rep

It looks great in person....the Photoshop image was not accurate.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2014, 12:40 PM   #17
stingr23
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 xDrive35i

I am supposed to be taking delivery on this tomorrow. There doesn't seem to be any consistency (note the speakers are black). What are my options? I am so sad Maybe I can learn to live with it ugh...
Attached Images

Last edited by stingr23; 12-09-2014 at 12:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2014, 01:20 PM   #18
Dash52
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingr23 View Post
I am supposed to be taking delivery on this tomorrow. There doesn't seem to be any consistency (note the speakers are black). What are my options? I am so sad Maybe I can learn to live with it ugh...
Wait till you see it all prepped....I bet it will still look great. The areas that would show dirt are still black. Enjoy your ride!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2014, 02:01 PM   #19
jk91915
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingr23
Please upload pictures when you take delivery I would love to see the new look. As for the speaker grills I think they vary from the type of sound system you chose. Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2014, 08:41 PM   #20
possib1edoc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:

You can always refuse delivery if you really don't like it, and go with all white interior or just change the color. There is misrepresentation going on because BMW never updated anyone about changing the colors, or maybe it is a website problem, who knows..
Keep us posted please.

My twin!

Where in NY are you?

This is correct in F15, but in E70 they were black, I sort of liked that too, not that I don't like new all white ones, they are nice too.
I am definitely pissed regarding this...it looks like my car was built after stingr23 so I am sure mine is the new look....stingr23 please post more pictures when you take delivery......would I be able to reject delivery of the vehicle? what happens to my deposit?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 11:56 AM   #21
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingr23 View Post
I think you'll be fine because it doesn't sound like you really hate it..

Quote:
Please upload pictures when you take delivery I would love to see the new look. As for the speaker grills I think they vary from the type of sound system you chose. Congrats!
That sounds about right, when you add H+K sound, speakers turn black even with new setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by possib1edoc View Post
I am definitely pissed regarding this...it looks like my car was built after stingr23 so I am sure mine is the new look....stingr23 please post more pictures when you take delivery......would I be able to reject delivery of the vehicle? what happens to my deposit?
If if bothers you that much, you should not have to live with the vehicle you did not order. I am sure BMW knows about this, and you can definitely get your deposit back, or just order another vehicle. Just tell them this is not what you ordered and that's not what they had on the website, see if they have any black/white vehicles in stock as an example. Good luck and you never know, maybe when you sit in it, you might like it?
      12-10-2014, 08:54 PM   #22
stingr23
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 xDrive35i

I took delivery today and decided to stick with it. I was blown away by how gorgeous (is it supposed to be called this?) the interior really is in person and have been converted. Ivory white/black dakota is definitely by leaps and bounds my favorite combo. Pics to come when I can get my phone charged
Appreciate 0