barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diper View Post
The steering wheel heater console replacement:
When the steering wheel is taken of, there is a ring console with all the lights and wiper selectors on it, which has been replaced. This module has been updated and the dealer stated that the steering wheel issue has been addressed and acknowledged by BMW this way
I too have the failure. Lets see what the dealer does.
Thanks I will mention this as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2015, 05:48 AM   #24
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X

Dealer fix.
Correction notes, per invoice:

Scanned vehicle, fault stored for SZL Faulty. Performed test plan, determine software error. Require to program and encode BDC Body Domain Controller. Connect to ISTA/P. Determine measure plan. Program and encode control unit.

So no hardware required.

Also done: Recall Bulletin 12 80 15 0012940300 , F15 N63T Program Control Unit (DME)
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2015, 10:10 AM   #25
wjbender
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEC View Post
That was the point of my original post in this thread.

I have had BMWs for more than 10 years and I don't feel the same about the customer service I have received. My experience with BMW and with my dealer has been great. The cars haven't been perfect, but I don't expect them to be, especially early in the first year of production. I think it comes down to expectations.

It seems that you are saying that if BMW doesn't give you what you want, then they are delivering poor customer service. I believe there are limits to what a car company and its dealers can and should do for the customer. Buying a car doesn't entitle you a buy back or a free month on your lease with the smallest of problems. Not offering every type of floor mat doesn't equal poor customer service, IMO. Again, I think it all comes down to expectations.
+1
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2015, 10:25 AM   #26
stewy604
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 xDrive 35d M Sport

I can't comment historically with respects to the drop in customer service with BMW. I've had my share of issues with my F15 since purchase in May 2014. My local dealer has been excellent to deal with and they've worked very hard to keep me happy. I've been dealing with the same CA since purchase, as well as the Customer Relations Manager. All problems aside, I still love my F15...she's a dream to drive.
Appreciate 0