04-25-2016, 05:17 PM   #23
realsgy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wearenh View Post
my bolsters deflate and the steering wheel moves up and retracts, but the seat doesn't move back (2015 F15)
Same, on 2015 F15
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2016, 08:20 PM   #24
bjcarls
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 Tahoe, 22 R1S, 23 Z07

2016, steering wheel moves but I detect no bolster movement. The left side of seat is wearing,very,nicely with the nappa leather though.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2016, 09:02 PM   #25
Stinkyxy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5

I have a Canadian version 2016 F15. The steering wheel moves but bolsters and seat remains unchanged. Everything has been adjusted from factory so that's not an issue.

Does anyone have a reference page from the manual?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2016, 09:19 PM   #26
sgtpeper
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5d M-Sport DHP

So strange that some do and some don't. Like I said, the BMW genius said it doesn't do that anymore.

I tried playing with some settings in the car and couldn't turn it on either.

Maybe it could be coded? haha
'03 Porsche 996 Turbo X50
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2016, 09:57 PM   #27
TOPEC
<3 Flat Four
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335is LM Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlammedR8 View Post
Canadian M Spec comes with sports seats I believe UNLESS you chose to get the Comfort Package which comes with Comfort seats.
r u sure? cus according to this ordering guide, the bmw.ca website, and what i saw on the sale person's screen, m sport indeed comes with comfort seats

04-26-2016, 05:05 AM   #28
Stinkyxy
Lieutenant
Rep

Yes - Canadian spec X5 MSport comes with comfort front seats.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2016, 09:33 AM   #29
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPEC View Post
r u sure? cus according to this ordering guide, the bmw.ca website, and what i saw on the sale person's screen, m sport indeed comes with comfort seats

Sorry, you are right.

I checked my order also says Comfort Seats, Front.

Its funny because the Comfort Seating Package gives you comfort front seats as well as rear ones. I guess that's the difference.

But funny enough, I can't get ventilated seats without going with the Comfort Seating Package.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2016, 02:42 PM   #30
wil168
Rep
Drives: x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzang View Post
If you have left the steering adjustments on default setting ( have not adjusted it ) then it's possible that the steering wheel will not move. Try adjusting the steering wheel to your liking along with the seats and then with "your" keyfob in hand set the memory of your seat #1. Then try to test if the seats side bolsters and steering wheel will adjust back to default location when shutting down or adjust to your specific setting after you start the car.

Regarding the pain of your right thigh, try adjusting the thigh extensions or lowering / raising the front part of the seats. Everyone's body is different and that is the beauty of the multi contour adjustable seats.
Thanks, for the prompt reply. As you had suggested, I had set the steering wheel to a different position,follow by set it to,memory 1. still not working. I even use a different key, and try to do the same, no help. I will try to ask my SA, on the next service visit. thanks.

As for the seat comfort, I will try as you had suggest on the next long drive.
My last long drive was from the PDC delievery, back last Oct. Both, my daughter and I find the similar seat discomfort.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2016, 08:57 AM   #31
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyxy View Post
I have a Canadian version 2016 F15. The steering wheel moves but bolsters and seat remains unchanged.
Although I did not code mine to do this and it did it from day one you can have the seat move back if you like by coding:

SM2 [6d] > 30000 SM_GLOBAL, 06 > Funktionen > EINAUSSTIEGSHILFE > Ausgelesen Change value to Modus_FA_SLV (This enables the feature)

SM2 [6d] > 3012 EAH, 0A > Funktionen > EAH_VERFAHRWEG_SLV_PHYS > Ausgelesen
default: 00, 3C (This sets the distance you want the seat to move back when you exit vehicle. Default 00, 3C is 60mm, you can change this to any value you want, eg 00, 28 for 40mm)
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2016, 06:10 PM   #32
Stinkyxy
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil168
Quote:
If you have left the steering adjustments on default setting ( have not adjusted it ) then it's possible that the steering wheel will not move. Try adjusting the steering wheel to your liking along with the seats and then with "your" keyfob in hand set the memory of your seat #1. Then try to test if the seats side bolsters and steering wheel will adjust back to default location when shutting down or adjust to your specific setting after you start the car.

Regarding the pain of your right thigh, try adjusting the thigh extensions or lowering / raising the front part of the seats. Everyone's body is different and that is the beauty of the multi contour adjustable seats.
Thanks, for the prompt reply. As you had suggested, I had set the steering wheel to a different position,follow by set it to,memory 1. still not working. I even use a different key, and try to do the same, no help. I will try to ask my SA, on the next service visit. thanks.

My last long drive was from the PDC delievery, back last Oct. Both, my daughter and I find the similar seat discomfort.
The floor board on the X5 is slanted, maybe a 45 degree angle, and this is much different from other cars I had which were close to a flat floor. That bugged me for a while until I got the seat adjusted to relieve some of the pressure on my legs.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2016, 06:36 PM   #33
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by wil168
Quote:

The floor board on the X5 is slanted, maybe a 45 degree angle, and this is much different from other cars I had which were close to a flat floor. That bugged me for a while until I got the seat adjusted to relieve some of the pressure on my legs.
This is true, the X5 front is lower than the rear so I compensate by adjusting the front of the seat higher and the rear of the seat lower.
      04-30-2016, 10:37 AM   #34
Genechen22
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 x5 50

Better if they don't move. I have a 2014 and the crap makes a farting noise everything I get in and out. Dealer saids no real fix but to put tape on the inside of the seat.
Appreciate 0