03-17-2017, 09:09 AM   #89
markrw68
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 F15 X5 M50d

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5M50D View Post
Just been emailed the registration number by my dealer.
So I'm right in thinking that this should be on the insurance company system to start getting quotes?
I have Admiral calling me tomorrow, trying to provide a competitive quote based on a multi car insurance policy.
Your dealer may be far better at admin than mine but I have known my registration number since last Friday(when I was sent a "Confirmation of Registration Details" form) and it still isn't showing on the DVLA database and therefore also doesn't show up on the insurers'
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 09:28 AM   #90
sak83
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 M50D on order

looking forward to all these imminent collections
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 09:44 AM   #91
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40d SE

Just had the call to say mine won't be ready for collection this weekend

Unfortunate timing in that our big project deadline at work is next Friday, so no leave is allowed next week for me to take half day off to collect it, so I'll be waiting another whole week for mine, and spending another week carless and having to use public transport for getting around

03-17-2017, 09:54 AM   #92
markrw68
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 F15 X5 M50d

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeRam View Post
Just had the call to say mine won't be ready for collection this weekend

Unfortunate timing in that our big project deadline at work is next Friday, so no leave is allowed next week for me to take half day off to collect it, so I'll be waiting another whole week for mine, and spending another week carless and having to use public transport for getting around

Tough luck GeeRam. The only consolation is that in a few months, the wait will be a distant memory!

Some of the BMW dealers in the South East are not covering themselves in glory with the X5 handovers
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 10:09 AM   #93
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by markrw68 View Post
Some of the BMW dealers in the South East are not covering themselves in glory with the X5 handovers
To be fair to them, my issue is the fitting of the retro-fit bits of the Pure Experience Pack that BMW will no longer fit on the production line, and this is nearly a days work which is split between the workshop and the bodyshop.

If it wasn't for this I could have collected it tomorrow.
      03-17-2017, 10:38 AM   #94
X5M50D
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X7 M50d

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeRam View Post
To be fair to them, my issue is the fitting of the retro-fit bits of the Pure Experience Pack that BMW will no longer fit on the production line, and this is nearly a days work which is split between the workshop and the bodyshop.

If it wasn't for this I could have collected it tomorrow.
It will be worth the wait
Only another 7 sleepless nights
      03-17-2017, 12:16 PM   #95
X5M50D
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

So just spoke to the Dealer and they have said that even though the car has a new registration number assigned to it, the DVLA will not register it on their system until I have completed the finance paperwork, and insured it on the 29th when taking possession.
In the meantime my insurance company have said that they cannot quote or insure the vehicle until the registration number is registered by the DVLA and on the insurance company data base.
Therefore I'm in a catch 22 position
Will speak to Admiral tomorrow.
Good news the dealer has taken delivery of my car
      03-17-2017, 12:41 PM   #96
sak83
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
So just spoke to the Dealer and they have said that even though the car has a new registration number assigned to it, the DVLA will not register it on their system until I have completed the finance paperwork, and insured it on the 29th when taking possession.
In the meantime my insurance company have said that they cannot quote or insure the vehicle until the registration number is registered by the DVLA and on the insurance company data base.
I did not have any of these problems, i assumed as soon as a car was assigned a registration plate it was registered with the DVLA. It must be a common scenario so I'm sure a friendly chat with the insurance company should sort this situation out. Its annoying that bmw no longer offer 14 days complimentary car insurance anymore as its would avoid the stress of trying to sort the insurance out in these circumstances. When are you taking delivery of your car?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 02:09 PM   #97
Thawke
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M240i XDrive

Quote:
I smell something from the dealer here, oh yeah, bullsh1t.....

Mine was registered and I actually drove off without ever showing the dealer any insurance. Had to sign a document to say I am aware that the car will be insured by law when it leaves them etc... but the registration never got delayed.

Btw, I picked my car up and signed paperwork on 15th Feb - I received V5 document in post on morning of 16th (NEXT DAY)

No way did the DVLA manage to register it and send out the V5 on same day for it to arrive following morning.

It had to have been registered before me signing anything or showing anyone any insurance (which I didnt show anyway)

Ordered: 2024 BMW M240i XDrive
Current: 2020 BMW X6 Xdrive40i M Sport
Previous: 2020 Porsche Cayman S
Previous: 2017 BMW X6 Xdrive40d M Sport
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 02:22 PM   #98
X5M50D
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Makes me wonder whether they are slightly cautious that if they did register the car with the DVLA without me committing to finalising the finance, that they would be lumbered with a brand new registered car if I walked away?
I have also been told that the finance contract has to be completed 48 hours before pick up? Not something I have come across on previous buys I have had?
      03-17-2017, 02:58 PM   #99
sak83
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

I completed my finance paperwork on the day of collection. I brought proof of insurance with me but my dealer said they didn't need to see it. Which is strange as some dealers insist on seeing the insurance before releasing the car. My V5 arrived about a week later
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2017, 03:06 PM   #100
X5M50D
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

I have another 5 sleepless nights
      03-24-2017, 03:08 PM   #101
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom