Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by rntaylor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
lol, we all go through a few "protection measures" to keep our cars safe from the careless individuals out there.

If anyone complains about me parking far away, I simply reply "let's take your car next time".
That will shut them right up, especially if they don't even own a car, which is common practice in my neck of the woods.

Side note: If you like the gloss black grilles, you can have mine. PM me and we can work out the details.

I have a set of double slatted grilles coming my way pretty soon, so I'm willing to off load the current gloss black ones I have on my car for a generous price.

Let me know if you're interested.

Now, back to our unique parking habbits... let me show you MY parking spot at work. Most regulars respect my claim to this spot, lol.

The second picture is me trying to park far away from everyone else, but it just doesn't work all the time. :
Very interested in your grilles! Do you have the night vision camera? I do and I don't think they will work if you don't.
Sorry my man.

Unfortunately, the grilles I was offering you are not fitted for night vision.

I'm sure you would have put the grilles to good use if they were compatible.

Maybe you can search the Owner classifieds to find a lightly used set compatible with night vision.

If not, Ben from RG Sport is usually good with pricing on after market mods.

Good luck!!
      03-26-2017, 09:31 PM   #46
h3nrytan
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Appreciate 0
      03-27-2017, 03:55 PM   #47
FourDoor
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
big city thing. At one point, you just stop caring, make claims and pay through higher insurance premiums.

I grew up in Ohio. Out of the 3 cars my family owned, only once in the last 35+ years has any of the family cars been dinged in a parking lot, and I suspect that ding was done by a shopping cart no less.

When I moved to SF, my M3 was hit...I kid you not 2 times in the parking lot in the first 6-months, and in the 2 years of my X5 ownership, it's been nicked once already. If you go hulk mad everytime this happens, you'll either lose your mind or lose your wife...
When I lived in the Bay Area, I always dreaded parking in SF. Hell, I dread it now when I visit having to drive through those narrow parking garages.

One time, I walked back to my parked car in the street to find the car behind me had rolled forward on the hill and was sitting on my rear bumper!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2017, 04:14 PM   #48
originalgoods13
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Chevy Spark

I think most of these door dings are deliberate especially when someone sees a mint X5 sitting nicely in a parking lot.

A lot of miserable, jealous haters out there.

Mine got hit twice, and by the size of the dent damage it was obvious that the culprit paid extra attention to inflict more damage.
Appreciate 1
Jenya B144.00