GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5M50D View Post
Not long now GeeRam!
I'm hoping mine is on either Independence II or Boheme both now left the States and are crossing the Pond. Two/three weeks and counting
Two weeks more to go.

Mine is due to arrive at dealers on Tues March 7th now, which unfortunately means I won't be able to collect it until Saturday 11th March at the earliest.
      02-26-2017, 02:51 PM   #46
X5M50D
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X7 M50d

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeRam View Post
Two weeks more to go.

Mine is due to arrive at dealers on Tues March 7th now, which unfortunately means I won't be able to collect it until Saturday 11th March at the earliest.
Oh well at least you will have the last two weeks to enjoy the 135i.
Has your vehicle arrived at port and these dates confirmed?
Seems an age between production complete and arrival at dealers
      02-27-2017, 07:55 AM   #47
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Has your vehicle arrived at port and these dates confirmed?
Just checked this morning and mine's still showing Status 9000.

So, maybe it wasn't on the boat I thought it was on, or its being processed at Bremerhaven today and system not been updated yet...?
      02-27-2017, 08:06 AM   #48
markrw68
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 F15 X5 M50d

@GeeRam, i'm in exactly the same position as you. My dealer tells me it is still 9000 but delivery expected at Vines w/c 6th March.

It is rather frustrating to potentially be only a week away from delivery but with no way of knowing for sure

Reminds me of Christmas 1976, knowing that something good was almost in touching distance but without being able to get my hands on it (Mk I Raleigh Chopper!)
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 08:54 AM   #49
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by markrw68 View Post
@GeeRam, i'm in exactly the same position as you. My dealer tells me it is still 9000 but delivery expected at Vines w/c 6th March.
Which Vines is your order through..?

Mines with Vines Gatwick!
      02-27-2017, 08:57 AM   #50
X5M50D
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Just checked this morning and mine's still showing Status 9000.

So, maybe it wasn't on the boat I thought it was on, or its being processed at Bremerhaven today and system not been updated yet...?
That doesn't bode well for mine then
Mine is week 13 delivery however production completed one week earlier than quoted so was hoping delivery would be week 12?
It is frustrating that between production complete and Port of Exit they all go into a black hole for 4-6 weeks not knowing where we are?
I maybe panicking but now starting to get very impatient
      02-27-2017, 09:22 AM   #51
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
That doesn't bode well for mine then
Mine is week 13 delivery however production completed one week earlier than quoted so was hoping delivery would be week 12?
It is frustrating that between production complete and Port of Exit they all go into a black hole for 4-6 weeks not knowing where we are?
I maybe panicking but now starting to get very impatient
Mines still showing week 10 delivery (was week 12 at time of ordering) so still 'on schedule'.
My dealer said this morning its uncommon with X5's (no doubt due to the 'technicalities' of the importation rules) to see them remain status 9000 for weeks and then go straight to 'dispatched to dealer' the day the arrive at the dealer on a transporter!!!
      02-27-2017, 09:51 AM   #52
markrw68
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Mines still showing week 10 delivery (was week 12 at time of ordering) so still 'on schedule'.
My dealer said this morning its uncommon with X5's (no doubt due to the 'technicalities' of the importation rules) to see them remain status 9000 for weeks and then go straight to 'dispatched to dealer' the day the arrive at the dealer on a transporter!!!
I hope you meant not uncommon, though still frustrating either way. Mine is a Guildford Vines order and they have been helpful all the way along (within the confines of a poor tracking system)...
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 10:06 AM   #53
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I hope you meant not uncommon,
Err......yes

Mild brain/digit interface issue
      02-27-2017, 01:07 PM   #54
Thawke
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M240i XDrive

Just following up on this thread, pretty upset for you guys, but if the scheduled delivery hasn't changed then I would still keep hope.

You'd think a company like BMW would have better tracking of their products, wouldn't you.....anyway, keep updating here if you hear anything, fingers crossed for you all.

Ordered: 2024 BMW M240i XDrive
Current: 2020 BMW X6 Xdrive40i M Sport
Previous: 2020 Porsche Cayman S
Previous: 2017 BMW X6 Xdrive40d M Sport
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2017, 04:19 AM   #55
X5M50D
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Received good news this morning from my Dealer. My car is status 9610 Port of Exit and has now arrived in Bremerhaven as of yesterday.
As I expected it was on Boheme so the arrival into Southampton is scheduled 14th March.
My Dealer has advised that they are due to receive delivery on 21st March or if not before. So with the prep work and professional detailing hoping to drive it away of the weekend 25th March. At least now I'm confident that the car will be registered prior to the 1st April.
Not long to go now!
      03-07-2017, 05:38 AM   #56
martin mustang
Major
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 640d,X5 45e, 911c4s, 635csi

Holly cow, so for our X5 expected end of this month the car is sent to Southampton to be sent to BMW UK & I, and followed to BMW Ireland and finally to the Dealer.
No wonder why it takes so long, I take it transit is 10 times the production time.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2017, 06:01 AM   #57
markrw68
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Received good news this morning from my Dealer. My car is status 9610 Port of Exit and has now arrived in Bremerhaven as of yesterday.
As I expected it was on Boheme so the arrival into Southampton is scheduled 14th March.
My Dealer has advised that they are due to receive delivery on 21st March or if not before. So with the prep work and professional detailing hoping to drive it away of the weekend 25th March. At least now I'm confident that the car will be registered prior to the 1st April.
Not long to go now!
Still seems a long time to get from Southampton to a London/Home Counties dealer (me too) so I am hoping it is the previous week, delivery sometime from 15th to 18th.

This link shows a webcam still of the Boheme docked at Bremerhaven just a few minutes ago. You can see a few X cars in the foreground, though I can't make out any Carbon Black ones!

https://www.blg-logistics.com/de/kontakt/webcams
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2017, 07:07 AM   #58
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Still seems a long time to get from Southampton to a London/Home Counties dealer (me too) so I am hoping it is the previous week, delivery sometime from 15th to 18th.

This link shows a webcam still of the Boheme docked at Bremerhaven just a few minutes ago. You can see a few X cars in the foreground, though I can't make out any Carbon Black ones!

https://www.blg-logistics.com/de/kontakt/webcams
The BOHEME is due to dock at Southampton on 12th March at 07.30 having stopped at Zeebrugge enroute.

There are several other MVE (Vehicle) ships from Bremerhaven due at Southampton before that, though, including one 45mins earlier on the 12th, direct from Bremerhaven.
There's also two due in direct from Bremerhave on the 9th, and one on the 10th.
      03-07-2017, 07:10 AM   #59
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Consistent with what I'm being quoted for my delivery as well....so don't bank on it being earlier.

My car changed to 9610 Port of Exit on 1st March, and I'm being told arrival at dealership on 15th March.
      03-08-2017, 02:08 PM   #60
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

It's finally in the UK

My order status changed to 9630 Port of Entry yesterday (7th)
      03-08-2017, 02:32 PM   #61
X5M50D
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
It's finally in the UK

Great news and finally the wait is nearly over.
So when is collection?
Look forward to the photos
      03-08-2017, 04:34 PM   #62
markrw68
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
It's finally in the UK

You lucky beggar, seems its about a week early compared to your most recent ETA

Your combination of the 40d twin turbo, SE spec and adaptive suspension is a fairly rare spec I would imagine so we will all be interested to hear your thoughts.

Fingers crossed its only a couple of days away from collection now.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2017, 05:08 PM   #63
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
You lucky beggar, seems its about a week early compared to your most recent ETA

Your combination of the 40d twin turbo, SE spec and adaptive suspension is a fairly rare spec I would imagine so we will all be interested to hear your thoughts.

Fingers crossed its only a couple of days away from collection now.
Another week and a bit away yet. Even if it arrived at the dealers tomorrow, its got to be scheduled into the workshop to have the bits fitted that BMW no longer will fit on the production line after end of Dec 2016, so it will be a week on Saturday before I can collect it, as can't get to dealer during week, as not local...and too busy to have time off.
      03-08-2017, 06:11 PM   #64
Thawke
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M240i XDrive

Quote:
Another week and a bit away yet. Even if it arrived at the dealers tomorrow, its got to be scheduled into the workshop to have the bits fitted that BMW no longer will fit on the production line after end of Dec 2016, so it will be a week on Saturday before I can collect it, as can't get to dealer during week, as not local...and too busy to have time off.
I suspect they'll get the car Friday 10th around lunchtime.

What bits did you want added that weren't available at the factory post Dec 2016 ?

Ordered: 2024 BMW M240i XDrive
Current: 2020 BMW X6 Xdrive40i M Sport
Previous: 2020 Porsche Cayman S
Previous: 2017 BMW X6 Xdrive40d M Sport
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 03:01 AM   #65
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thawke View Post
What bits did you want added that weren't available at the factory post Dec 2016 ?
I ordered the car with Pure Experience exterior option pack. Beginning Dec, dealer rang to say that BMW were deleting that option from Week 1 2017 build, so I said OK, I’ll cancel, and buy the Cayenne instead.

Dealer tried to get BMW-GB to advance the build so it could be built before end of Dec, but after a few weeks it was clear that was a non-option, so they reluctantly agreed to refund. Just at that point I asked them, can the bits of pack be ordered/retro-fitted?
Sales guy rings back saying that he’d just gone to parts dept, and was told that BMW actually offered the bits in a complete retro-fit package!!! except the satin finish roof rails and window surrounds which can’t be retro-fitted.

As it happens these two items were still individual factory options anyway, as were the 449 alloys which was part of the pack. So, the order was re-configured to include these 3 separate items, plus with the saving from the audio and rev camera spec upgrades, I’m getting what I originally ordered for the original order price (retro-fit pack price and fitting is being swallowed by dealer effectively) but, the pack fitting is split in workshop time between the workshop and the separate bodyshop, due the nature of the bits to be fitted, so it’s a couple of days to be scheduled in.
It’s no issue for me, as I can only pick up on a weekend anyway, which if it arrives at dealer tomorrow will be a pain for them as they don’t want it hanging around for a week when they don’t have the space – although it maybe a little easier now that the bulk of the March 1st new reg deliveries will have passed.
      03-10-2017, 04:19 AM   #66
markrw68
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

I have moved to 9630 Port of Entry this morning

My diligent tracking has been completely wrong as I assumed it was on the Boheme (currently docked in Gothenburg) but it must have been on the Tarago which docked in Southampton this morning.

X5M50D - you should check out your status as we have been at the same status as each other for a few weeks now so yours may also have been on the Tarago

Should get my registration this afternoon which will enable me to firm up on the insurance costs.
Appreciate 0