X5M50D
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X7 M50d

Quote:
Originally Posted by markrw68 View Post
I have moved to 9630 Port of Entry this morning

My diligent tracking has been completely wrong as I assumed it was on the Boheme (currently docked in Gothenburg) but it must have been on the Tarago which docked in Southampton this morning.

X5M50D - you should check out your status as we have been at the same status as each other for a few weeks now so yours may also have been on the Tarago

Should get my registration this afternoon which will enable me to firm up on the insurance costs.
Thanks for the heads up
Dealer has not confirmed however just went onto Genius and you are right Port of Entry 9630
They are still quoting delivery on 20th March.
Unfortunately I won't be able to pick up the car until 29th as my professional detailer can't start any sooner and I want the car done before I take it away from the dealership.
So two and a bit weeks to wait but will be worth it
      03-10-2017, 08:29 AM   #68
markrw68
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 F15 X5 M50d

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5M50D View Post
Thanks for the heads up
Dealer has not confirmed however just went onto Genius and you are right Port of Entry 9630
They are still quoting delivery on 20th March.
Unfortunately I won't be able to pick up the car until 29th as my professional detailer can't start any sooner and I want the car done before I take it away from the dealership.
So two and a bit weeks to wait but will be worth it
Yes, my dealer also quoting collection from 20th March. I'm anxious to pick mine up as soon as possible, so am collecting on the 21st but not having it detailed until the end of the month.

The wait doesn't seem so bad now it is confirmed - it was the not knowing that was getting me down!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2017, 09:29 AM   #69
X5M50D
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Yes, my dealer also quoting collection from 20th March. I'm anxious to pick mine up as soon as possible, so am collecting on the 21st but not having it detailed until the end of the month.

The wait doesn't seem so bad now it is confirmed - it was the not knowing that was getting me down!
At least we now know that the VED tax rates will be affordable for the next 5 years
      03-15-2017, 03:06 PM   #70
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40d SE

Mine arrived at the dealers at 6pm last night
      03-15-2017, 03:38 PM   #71
X5M50D
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Still awaiting firm updates from the dealer. They said yesterday that they are awaiting a transporter to ship the car to Reading.
I'm still awaiting the car to be registered so I can start finalising insurances but things have been very slow in moving things on since arriving in Southampton.
Good to hear GeeRam that your wait is nearly over - are you picking up this weekend?
      03-15-2017, 03:42 PM   #72
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Still awaiting firm updates from the dealer. They said yesterday that they are awaiting a transporter to ship the car to Reading.
I'm still awaiting the car to be registered so I can start finalising insurances but things have been very slow in moving things on since arriving in Southampton.
Good to hear GeeRam that your wait is nearly over - are you picking up this weekend?
Yep, mine spent almost a week at Southampton....!

Yes, I'm hoping to be able to collect it at the weekend....not confirmed yet though.
      03-15-2017, 04:05 PM   #73
X5M50D
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeRam View Post
Yep, mine spent almost a week at Southampton....!

Yes, I'm hoping to be able to collect it at the weekend....not confirmed yet though.
Were you able to get your car registered whilst being held up in Southampton?
      03-15-2017, 04:06 PM   #74
X5M50D
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Any update on your collection?
      03-15-2017, 04:19 PM   #75
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Were you able to get your car registered whilst being held up in Southampton?
I don't if they have yet...?

I'll be finding out tomorrow.

Edit:

I guess they had registered it as I've just been able to insure it.

Last edited by GeeRam; 03-15-2017 at 04:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 04:48 PM   #76
X5M50D
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I don't if they have yet...?

I'll be finding out tomorrow.

Edit:

I guess they had registered it as I've just been able to insure it.
Any insurance recommendations and good quotes - PM me if you wish
      03-15-2017, 06:29 PM   #77
markrw68
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

I'm in exactly the same situation as you X5M50D, not being able to insure as the car hasnt been registered yet, though in my case this is despite knowing the registration number it will have. Having asked DVLA why the number hadnt been registered, I was told that the AFRL system is instantaneous so as soon as the dealer/manufacturer enters the details, it is updated so at this point, the delay can only attributed to the dealer or BMW UK.

My two best current quotes are around the £495 mark but neither firms are willing to complete the transaction without a registration number. These are both through the comparison website that seems to have the biggest TV advertising budget at present, offering free toys and cinema tickets! There are firms on the list that are willing to insure without a registration number but I am loathed to do this as they are another £300 or so!

I'm booked in to collect it next Tuesday 21st but hope that the insurers dont take the same approach as airlines where prices increase exponentially the nearer to the day of flight one gets

Glad you are nearly there Geeram, let us have some pictures at the weekend to keep our interest going
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2017, 03:12 AM   #78
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

As I was exactly half way through my years insurance on the 135i, I ended up amending my existing policy from that and paying the extra for the remaining time, and will then do another shop around exercise at that point. Fortunately, I did a shop around last Sept to renew the insurance on the 135i, and when I did the compare website stuff a few weeks ago, my existing company were 3rd in the list in terms of cost, at just over 835 quid(cheapest was 753) and when I factored in the cancelation fee plus what they were going to give me back for the remaining 6 months, it didn't make sense to cancel, and just pay the difference for the X5 for the next 6 months.
      03-16-2017, 10:36 AM   #79
sak83
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 M50D on order

I took out my insurance with direct line but I couldnt take out the policy without a registration. That wasnt a problem though as the quote was valid for 2 weeks, so as soon as i was advised the registration (about 5 days before my scheduled collection) I gave the details to direct line and purchased the insurance.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 06:08 AM   #80
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Glad you are nearly there Geeram, let us have some pictures at the weekend to keep our interest going
Am now having a nervous days wait to hear whether mine will get through the workshop/bodyshop today for the bits being fitted to enable collection at the weekend
I've told them that if its not I won't be able to collect it till next weekend, which will hack me off as much as it will hack them off as they don't have the storage space to keep it a week!
Keeping fingers crossed for a positive phone call by end of today.
      03-17-2017, 06:38 AM   #81
markrw68
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Am now having a nervous days wait to hear whether mine will get through the workshop/bodyshop today for the bits being fitted to enable collection at the weekend
I've told them that if its not I won't be able to collect it till next weekend, which will hack me off as much as it will hack them off as they don't have the storage space to keep it a week!
Keeping fingers crossed for a positive phone call by end of today.
Mine arrived at the dealer yesterday and I cajoled them into bringing forward the handover to tomorrow, assuming they can fit the MSport grills and finalise the DVLA registration which for some reason has proved challenging for them Perhaps they are hedging their bets and waiting for my payment to clear

Better half not entirely happy with tomorrow's handover as she isn't around to enjoy it with me. Just deciding whether my 11 and 12 year old boys should be allowed to come along - should it be a self absorbed event or one to share with others??
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 08:04 AM   #82
X5M50D
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

I'm still waiting for an update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      03-17-2017, 08:05 AM   #83
Thawke
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M240i XDrive

Quote:
Just deciding whether my 11 and 12 year old boys should be allowed to come along - should it be a self absorbed event or one to share with others??
They have plenty of time to enjoy it with you when you are at home, I think the handover should be an indulgence

Ordered: 2024 BMW M240i XDrive
Current: 2020 BMW X6 Xdrive40i M Sport
Previous: 2020 Porsche Cayman S
Previous: 2017 BMW X6 Xdrive40d M Sport
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 08:13 AM   #84
X5M50D
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Just heard car arriving at dealership today and registration being assigned this afternoon.
Finally getting somewhere.
Pick up still 29th though.
      03-17-2017, 08:36 AM   #85
markrw68
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thawke View Post
They have plenty of time to enjoy it with you when you are at home, I think the handover should be an indulgence
Thanks Thawke, I like your thinking
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 08:40 AM   #86
markrw68
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Just heard car arriving at dealership today and registration being assigned this afternoon.
Finally getting somewhere.
Pick up still 29th though.
Best of luck with the registration, though with a week or so to go, it will probably be in the DVLA system by then. With 24 hours to go, mine is still not showing up on the system so the cheapest insurers are unavailable to me. The dealer has said that this is no problem as it can be insured on the VIN, but I don't see why I should stomach a £300 increase in premium for their inefficiency.

Waiting to hear their latest reply but might be forced to pay if I want it tomorrow. Does anyone know what the implications would be if I took out insurance with one company and then cancelled it within the cooling off period (by which time the registration would be in place and the cheaper insurers available)? Would I just pay a pro-rated amount for the time insured?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 09:04 AM   #87
X5M50D
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Just been emailed the registration number by my dealer.
So I'm right in thinking that this should be on the insurance company system to start getting quotes?
I have Admiral calling me tomorrow, trying to provide a competitive quote based on a multi car insurance policy.
      03-17-2017, 09:05 AM   #88
X5M50D
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Waiting to hear their latest reply but might be forced to pay if I want it tomorrow. Does anyone know what the implications would be if I took out insurance with one company and then cancelled it within the cooling off period (by which time the registration would be in place and the cheaper insurers available)? Would I just pay a pro-rated amount for the time insured?[/QUOTE]

Not sure of the answer but you certainly get a 48 hour cooling off period.
Best to ask them when getting a quote.